• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PJsprojects

Oct 30, 2017
England
Anyone still regularly play on Xbox that would be willing to help me with the revive challenge for the boy scout questline?

Just came back to the game after a long hiatus and was disappointed to see that objective since I never interact with ransoms. And running around praying for anyone to drop seems so silly.

Ill be on after 9 PST most nights. DM me for my tag.
Yeah sure GT = Pjsprojects so if you see me in game just send me a quick message.

Gamer @ Heart

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah sure GT = Pjsprojects so if you see me in game just send me a quick message.

I was hoping you would see this as the Shepard of the thread! I will message you as soon as I get on. Thank you.

On a side note, I got a rude awakening logging in an realizing my trusty two shot combat rifle does fuck all now. If it wasn't for sneak attacks and my instigating lever action I would be boned. What's the go to non automatic rifle build these days?

Last edited:

rc213

Oct 25, 2017
Hollyweird
Anyone still regularly play on Xbox that would be willing to help me with the revive challenge for the boy scout questline?

Just came back to the game after a long hiatus and was disappointed to see that objective since I never interact with ransoms. And running around praying for anyone to drop seems so silly.

Ill be on after 9 PST most nights. DM me for my tag.

Xbone: bashfooldodger

Always willing to lend a hand if you need it with stuff like Team atom challenges.

Usually on 9pm PST+

Gamer @ Heart

Oct 26, 2017
In camp build the blue terminal that is on a pedestal, log in to it for tourist location info.
Known tourist spots include Wavy Willards car park(center rusty car tourist at the side).
Monument just down from Whitesprings (tourist on the steps).

Oh, so it tells you exactly where on the server they are if they spawned, and not just possible areas? That's neat. Every guide I read was just, good luck server hoping!

PJsprojects

Oct 30, 2017
England
Legendary Purveyor sale starts on Tuesday with 25% off.
Also bug fixes for dead bodies vanishing to quick , ghouls sliding along the floor and gattling guns not firing coming ASAP.

Gamer @ Heart

Oct 26, 2017
Are explosive shotguns worth it? Is the explosive damage per buck shot. So x8 20% base on top of the projectile damage?

I've been flying across the map checking people's shops, trying to blow the little money I have into something worth a damn. Seeing all these high level players just melting shit I struggle with blows. I know they have hundreds of hours and probably God rolls on all those heavy weapons they are using, but it still bums me out that it feels like there is it one viable non legendary dependant build that doesn't involve using half a guns condition and hundreds of ammo to kill a scorchbeast solo. Just like before, the only thing I can rely on for high level mobs is incisor all rise with some extra melee perks. I would much rather spec shot gun if possible

Last edited:

rc213

Oct 25, 2017
Hollyweird
Shotguns were nerfed to hell and back, Only use I see is using them with Enforcer perk to cripple limbs then go in for the melee kill. I've tried using AA/AAE/FE/TSE and none were really viable as main gun.

SteveO1683

Nov 1, 2017
I have a Bloodied Hardened Pump Action that I enjoy. Paired with the Enforcer perk and low health it really drops enemies quickly.

Gamer @ Heart

Oct 26, 2017
Shotguns were nerfed to hell and back, Only use I see is using them with Enforcer perk to cripple limbs then go in for the melee kill. I've tried using AA/AAE/FE/TSE and none were really viable as main gun.

Damn. Guess I have to stick with the two hand melee then. I just hate that all my rifles feels weak after that first sneak attack shot. I was over the moons when I got a TS rifle before I quit before that big nerf patch in January. It carried my ass and made me feel strong. I miss that feeling.

Also there is no matchmaking for vault 94 right? Still haven't attempted it and nervous to now that it's old and there is no way to match with others in game.

PJsprojects

Oct 30, 2017
England
Raid = loads of ammo and stim packs, can be done solo but it's best with a team mate because if your solo and die you get kicked out.
If anyone is interested in vault raid or Project Paradise just post here so we can get a team going.
Don't mind being sherpa on either event and I do have formula Q & P.

Gamer @ Heart

Oct 26, 2017
Raid = loads of ammo and stim packs, can be done solo but it's best with a team mate because if your solo and die you get kicked out.
If anyone is interested in vault raid or Project Paradise just post here so we can get a team going.
Don't mind being sherpa on either event and I do have formula Q & P.

I'm definitely in. Even if I just run it once it would be nice to check it off the list.

Your UK time right? So my mornings would be your evenings if you want to try to get together this weekend. Let me know what time's work for you and I'll try to make it work

SteveO1683

Nov 1, 2017
What is the gun in the game right now and how do you get it? Is it fixers with explosive rounds, or handmades with explosive rounds?

PJsprojects

Oct 30, 2017
England
Could do with at least one more for the raid.
If we are going to raid this weekend I need to make loads of stim packs and ammo first lol.
As for weapons and what's hot at the moment I would say a fully auto anti armour handmade with explosive rounds.

I've had a few Fixers and although they are good they aren't at the top, in fact I always have a modded none leggy model in vending.

Gamer @ Heart

Oct 26, 2017
Could do with at least one more for the raid.
If we are going to raid this weekend I need to make loads of stim packs and ammo first lol.
As for weapons and what's hot at the moment I would say a fully auto anti armour handmade with explosive rounds.

I've had a few Fixers and although they are good they aren't at the top, in fact I always have a modded none leggy model in vending.

I found a handmade for sale with furious and picked it up. I'm just bummed that now I have to pray to RNGesus to find more and break them down to get the piercing mag. I'm constantly checking shops for anything anti armor. It feels satisfying against ghouls and bugs but it still does shit against anything major. Armor pricing is so dam critical in this game. Everything feels balanced around it

I found a shotgun with AntiArmor for sale and picked it up and slowly buying perks for it to make it useful. I just want to move away from all rise no matter what it takes.

I'm ready for disappointment from that legendary sale next week. The loot pool for perks at it 2 star isn't bad, but the pool of ranged guns is too damn big. It would be nice if they added a specific, heavy/long/handgun options for a bit more scripts

Gamer @ Heart

Oct 26, 2017
The weapon balancing is still so BS in this game despite a year of balancing. Is anything worth it except for bloodied builds? Can non heavy energy weapons even exist with no AA options?

I pulled a TSE pump action, and despite modding the hell out of it and +50% damage in perks it it's still takes way to many shells to kill things. Even low levels sometimes because the spread can be absolutely wild at times despite 2 ranks of skeet shooter. I thought explosive procs off each round, despite being low base, would be able to add up, but again with the damage numbers I'm seeing makes no sense and seem to be procing maybe 3 at the most. Add in any mob with decent armor and zero penetration perks for shot gun and it turns what use to be a god roll in to quickly degrading heartbreak. Fuck.

I managed to snag an AA auto rifle, which I modded to single fire and highest damage possible. Even then, with all my rifle perks it performs worse than a furious handmade I have that doesn't even have an Anti Armor mag on it and less auto perks. That's before the furious even kicks in. I just don't get it.

It really feels like the only way to get that feeling of being able to comfortably solo that I had near launch with my TS combat rifle is to go bloodied. And considering I have almost full vanguard armor, that's a tough transitionn even if I do get lucky and get bloodied on a damn rifle.

Last edited:

Soupman Prime

The Fallen
Nov 8, 2017
Boston, MA
Might finally start working on another character and maybe get one of those super builds people use to one shot deathclaws lol. And maybe get the trophy for reaching level 25, not sure how it happened but my character is level 160 yet I don't have that trophy for some reason, got everything else though.

SteveO1683

Nov 1, 2017
several of my trophies from things I did in the beta didn't pop. No word from Bethesda if they plan to address that or not.

PJsprojects

Oct 30, 2017
England
Christmas stuff in Atom store today but don't impulse buy the tree like I did because its massive and you can't hang lights on it.
The store does have a free Santatron collector bot however.

Soupman Prime

The Fallen
Nov 8, 2017
Boston, MA
I'm thinking of moving my camp and building elsewhere. Is there a fantastic spot people suggest? Have had my camp down near that base that usually has mole rats spawn, close to vault 96 I think.

Built it there for the body of water but don't think it's a great spot.

SteveO1683

Nov 1, 2017
I built my base on top of a junk pile south of the white spring golf course. I have about 10 water pumps so I get consistent flow of good water and I get consistent foot traffic for selling.

PJsprojects

Oct 30, 2017
England
I am currently right outside Morgan Town Airport and get a pretty good trade but to be fair I sell a ton of leggy weapons and rare outfits.
For quick caps when starting out build near water and then sell purified water along with selling Mothman omelet x28 every day and the caps will mount up quickly.

Desmond

Oct 25, 2017
Jumped back in during last weekend's Doube XP. Only lvl 28 or so but wondering if anyone still plays on PS4?

BizzyBum

Oct 26, 2017
New York
So apparently hackers are adding in Fallout 4 assets into the game now? lol

Private servers should offer full mod support, that would make the sub way more enticing.

PJsprojects

Oct 30, 2017
England
Heads up pc players.
A new hack went live at the weekend that allows the hacker to steal your entire inventory.
This includes Atoms store stuff and raid stuff so do not log in until this gets patched.
I've seen the hack running and seen the code, it's very simple to do so this is going to be a problem until Bethesda sort it.

BizzyBum

Oct 26, 2017
New York
Heads up pc players.
A new hack went live at the weekend that allows the hacker to steal your entire inventory.
This includes Atoms store stuff and raid stuff so do not log in until this gets patched.
I've seen the hack running and seen the code, it's very simple to do so this is going to be a problem until Bethesda sort it.

I truly, truly feel sorry for people who still enjoy this game. Imagine sticking with it only to have some ass hat steal hundreds of hours worth of gear with a simple press of a button?

I was planning to return with the Wastelanders expansion but now I might just delete this game and never look back. Bethesda doesn't deserve the fanbase it has.

PJsprojects

Oct 30, 2017
England
The vault raid is being removed because not enough people are doing it. As soon as the regular player base realised how resource intensive doing the raid was they simply stopped.
Let's face it the rewards are far from great and are not variable.,once you have the PA and normal armour there is no reason to keep playing the raid.

PJsprojects

Oct 30, 2017
England
PTS for PC has started to get rolled out, some are playing right now and have already broken nda by saying Wastelanders will save FO76 but is still a tad buggy.
Sadly I myself can't comment on anything PTS.

Gamer @ Heart

Oct 26, 2017
I just saw that. Was it THAT broken??

It was near unplayable on public servers because of lag on top of being a huge waste of time in terms of rewards vs cost. It's a power plant esq public event in design but on a strict shitty timer. Little was lost and will likely be reopened as a dungeon down the line like the other vaults.

It was their first content after 5 months of straight bug fixing. It was clearly rushed and poorly thought out, just like the now dead survival mode it shipped with too.

Ricker

Oct 27, 2017
Beautiful Province of Quebec.
I played the beta and the free weekends and all and bought it when I saw it at 19 bucks CAD last year,around October for the 1X because I kinda liked it...havent installed it yet,waiting on the Wastelanders stuff to come out and I see its coming in a few weeks...should I wait for that big patch to install it after its out and or do it now...how big is the game now...?

PJsprojects

Oct 30, 2017
England
I played the beta and the free weekends and all and bought it when I saw it at 19 bucks CAD last year,around October for the 1X because I kinda liked it...havent installed it yet,waiting on the Wastelanders stuff to come out and I see its coming in a few weeks...should I wait for that big patch to install it after its out and or do it now...how big is the game now...?
Well Wastelanders is sort of story progression in that the wasteland has started to get a population back, so year one players have made enough of a change to make this possible.
I would jump in now and get the main story done and with a bit of luck you will get to level 50 before the updates hits. If you struggle with anything or need anything crafting just add me on Xbox.

Tigress

Oct 25, 2017
Washington
Well Wastelanders is sort of story progression in that the wasteland has started to get a population back, so year one players have made enough of a change to make this possible.
I would jump in now and get the main story done and with a bit of luck you will get to level 50 before the updates hits. If you struggle with anything or need anything crafting just add me on Xbox.

If we don't finish the main story will we still be able to? I'm queen of just doing side missions and taking forever to finish story so right now I'm still at the last quest (and I'm like level 100 something and all I played first half the year was 76). And been putting it off cause was a little burned out on it (and right now monster hunter has my obsession).

PJsprojects

Oct 30, 2017
England
If we don't finish the main story will we still be able to? I'm queen of just doing side missions and taking forever to finish story so right now I'm still at the last quest (and I'm like level 100 something and all I played first half the year was 76). And been putting it off cause was a little burned out on it (and right now monster hunter has my obsession).
I don't see Bethesda removing the original main story as this would break achievements but I do suggest doing the detective case stuff at Grafton pawn shop to find vault 79 :-)

XRayRegime

Oct 25, 2017
The Grafton mission is completely unmarked or does it start an actual quest?

I was actually trying to think of something to do last night and that might be what I need to get me back in. I still have the main quest to do as well, but I'll probably just give up on it until Wastelanders.

Status
Not open for further replies.