• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

nicoga3000

Oct 25, 2017
I've been messing around in Nuclear Wasteland and don't hate it. Seems like a neat diversion from Adventure mode.

PanzerKraken

Nov 1, 2017
So Wastelanders is just kinda gonna be there in the world for players? I mean there was a world story for the game but now theres going to be NPCs and hubs in the world that people are just gonna be living in, which kind of goes against the quests you play when you start up the game.

Are the new quests gonna be locked by progression or they just don't care about the world story anymore?

PJsprojects

Oct 30, 2017
England
Unfortunately talking about Wastelanders breaks nda but I think any current or new players will be happy.
Well apart from all the people that just simply hate the game no matter what.

Soupman Prime

The Fallen
Nov 8, 2017
Boston, MA
Looking good, don't really have any friends playing but will be jumping back in. Used to get on for at least an hour and mess around but COD has taken up some of my time.

Deleted member 135

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That new power armor is interesting.

If the data mining is correct then its related to the President of the United States in some way.

PanzerKraken

Nov 1, 2017
Unfortunately talking about Wastelanders breaks nda but I think any current or new players will be happy.
Well apart from all the people that just simply hate the game no matter what.

I just find it odd that you step out of your new vault and there is supposedly now npcs standing there? So for the new players joining the storyline of the dead WV, you are right away met with live survivors just chilin.

BizzyBum

Oct 26, 2017
New York
I'm probably in the rare minority that actually kinda liked the "last man on earth" vibe the game had. One of the reasons I loved the survivor servers since they disabled seeing people on the map, too.

Meeting NPC survivors right out the gate ruins that feel, but I completely understand why they went this route.

Tobor

Oct 25, 2017
Richmond, VA
I'm probably in the rare minority that actually kinda liked the "last man on earth" vibe the game had.

Meeting NPC survivors right out the gate ruins that feel, but I completely understand why they went this route.

No you aren't alone. Of course, we were never the last man outside of private servers, as there are people marsupial hopping from rooftop to rooftop everywhere you go.

All that said, if Wastelanders means I get to fight raider NPC enemies again, I'm ok with this. The scorched were never a good enough replacement.

PanzerKraken

Nov 1, 2017
I'm probably in the rare minority that actually kinda liked the "last man on earth" vibe the game had. One of the reasons I loved the survivor servers since they disabled seeing people on the map, too.

Kinda wish they had the tech like ESO where folks see different instancing of zones. Like if I haven't gotten through the story I wont see said NPCs and world changes.

Gamer @ Heart

Oct 26, 2017
Quality of the content aside, if they delayed this 6 months and it releases as buggy and rebreaking things as every one of their other content drops has, I will dip out for good. I can't imagine what state the update was in last year if it was deemed unacceptable even to them

PanzerKraken

Nov 1, 2017
Quality of the content aside, if they delayed this 6 months and it releases as buggy and rebreaking things as every one of their other content drops has, I will dip out for good. I can't imagine what state the update was in last year if it was deemed unacceptable even to them

I rather they delay it and hopefully it works out better. This content was never even on their slate till after the game released and they took in all the complaints from the community, so this big update started production late, and with it's size and scope its better they didn't rush it out the door.

Pilgrimzero

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Quest progression is so weird in this game.

Cruising along doing a quest line. Suddenly im in an area with monsters 30 levels over me!

This has happened on the main line and some side quests like the Mysteries line.

Landford

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Cruising along doing a quest line. Suddenly im in an area with monsters 30 levels over me!

This has happened on the main line and some side quests like the Mysteries line.
Someone with a higher level than you was probably questing around your area. Its terrible. If someone from a higher level is completing quests around where you are, they essentially makes that area unlivable for low level players, you have to hop servers.

PanzerKraken

Nov 1, 2017

Yea the enemy npc spawns try to scale to the players in an area, so high level players can cause areas to have higher than normal enemies. Which really is a pain in the ass when you have huge mob spawns and you get swarmed with crazy tough bad guys, toss in the spawn of a legendary or such and you got a crazy hard encounter randomly happen

Desmond

Oct 25, 2017
Is anyone playing this on PS4 this weekend due to Double XP. I'm only level 27 but would love to get a few levels at least but it's not working out with randoms.

BizzyBum

Oct 26, 2017
New York
Is there any word on them ever bringing back the Survival server?

That was my preferred way to play. You saw no one on the map besides the top 3 killers (which made them fun to hunt) and because you saw no one else on the map it was always a bit more tense to traverse the world while playing.

Not sure why they ever took it out in the first place. I would rather have that then the freaking BR mode.

Tobor

Oct 25, 2017
Richmond, VA
Is there any word on them ever bringing back the Survival server?

That was my preferred way to play. You saw no one on the map besides the top 3 killers (which made them fun to hunt) and because you saw no one else on the map it was always a bit more tense to traverse the world while playing.

Not sure why they ever took it out in the first place. I would rather have that then the freaking BR mode.

Falllout players prefer PVE. I know I have zero interest in it and avoid it at all costs.

USGamer said:
So, for example, I think we were a little surprised how few people wanted to take part in PvP and how many more they were interested in PvE together. As opposed to, 'I want to test my mettle against you and let's get into a duel.' There's some folks who do, don't get me wrong, but I think it's a smaller percentage of our player base than we thought," said Hines.

www.usgamer.net

Bethesda Was “Surprised How Few People Wanted to Take Part in PvP” in Fallout 76

On April 7, Fallout 76 becomes a proper Fallout game. That date marks the release of Fallout 76: Wastelanders, a free e…

BizzyBum

Oct 26, 2017
New York
Falllout players prefer PVE. I know I have zero interest in it and avoid it at all costs.

www.usgamer.net

Bethesda Was “Surprised How Few People Wanted to Take Part in PvP” in Fallout 76

On April 7, Fallout 76 becomes a proper Fallout game. That date marks the release of Fallout 76: Wastelanders, a free e…

Yeah, I saw that, but once Wasterlanders come out I don't see why they can't just have Adventure mode be that and also have Survival for those that want it. Even though PvP is not the focus going forward they still have that terrible BR up.

Tobor

Oct 25, 2017
Richmond, VA
Yeah, I saw that, but once Wasterlanders come out I don't see why they can't just have Adventure mode be that and also have Survival for those that want it. Even though PvP is not the focus going forward they still have that terrible BR up.

It is a really safe assumption that not enough people were playing Survival to justify the expense of supporting it and hosting the servers.

I've noticed since they removed survival there are people badgering me again when I am in Adventure, but I play on a private server now when I'm not shopping.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
Do people still play the br mode?

Planning on coming back soon and still had a lot to unlock in it. Would be a shame if the mode is a ghost town these days.

Teggy

Oct 25, 2017
So I have had this game since launch week but decided I should finally play it in advance of wastelanders. I'm level 20 so I've put a decent amount of time in, and bugs aside (and some in the main quest line which is just baffling this far from release) it's been an ok Bethesda experience.

I'm a bit puzzled by things like why I encounter 70+ level mobs just walking down the road in otherwise low level areas at times forcing me to steer clear into the woods.

Difficulty has been pretty good although I just got to the
wendigo cave
and that dude kicked my ass several times so I'll be heading back to my stash for some high explosive stuff. Inventory management has been about as annoying as expected.

BizzyBum

Oct 26, 2017
New York
So I have had this game since launch week but decided I should finally play it in advance of wastelanders. I'm level 20 so I've put a decent amount of time in, and bugs aside (and some in the main quest line which is just baffling this far from release) it's been an ok Bethesda experience.

I'm a bit puzzled by things like why I encounter 70+ level mobs just walking down the road in otherwise low level areas at times forcing me to steer clear into the woods.

Difficulty has been pretty good although I just got to the
wendigo cave
and that dude kicked my ass several times so I'll be heading back to my stash for some high explosive stuff. Inventory management has been about as annoying as expected.

At this point I probably have waited to play until Wastelanders dropped but the reason you see high level mobs in areas is just because another high level player spawned them in that area. It sucks for new players so if you see that like you said just stay clear and come back later, or server hop.

Teggy

Oct 25, 2017
At this point I probably have waited to play until Wastelanders dropped but the reason you see high level mobs in areas is just because another high level player spawned them in that area. It sucks for new players so if you see that like you said just stay clear and come back later, or server hop.

ok, interesting I was wondering if it had something to do with that. Some of the levels in quests seem a little off at times like you get a bunch of mobs that are a few levels below you and then one special guy that's like 5-10 above you and I don't know if that just the way it is or what. Do the story missions have level scaling or are they set?

Tobor

Oct 25, 2017
Richmond, VA
ok, interesting I was wondering if it had something to do with that. Some of the levels in quests seem a little off at times like you get a bunch of mobs that are a few levels below you and then one special guy that's like 5-10 above you and I don't know if that just the way it is or what. Do the story missions have level scaling or are they set?

No that's normal. The higher level guys are like the bosses of the mob.

PJsprojects

Oct 30, 2017
England
Try this.

1. Take over a workshop with lots of cabinets or bins.
2. Put weapons in cabinets (not legendary)
3. Go in to build mode and destroy the cabinet.
4. Check your stash.

Its best to do a few weapons at a time and you may need to do this multiple times.

Best weapons to try are -
Super sledge.
Laser pistol.
Hunting rifle.
10mm pistol.

Good luck :-)

rainking187

Oct 25, 2017
I've been waiting for the Steam release of Borderlands 3 for a while, and woke up this morning to start downloading it. Except I got an email that I made it in to the Fallout 76 PTS. Welp, so much for Borderlands.

Tobor

Oct 25, 2017
Richmond, VA
So my second build is a heavy weapons power armor build. I need to wear power armor in order to get stabilized to work properly. I don't run with no regular armor, as you have to hop out occasionally.

Question is, should I upgrade all my armor to ultralight? It's just dead weight while I'm in power armor.

PJsprojects

Oct 30, 2017
England
So my second build is a heavy weapons power armor build. I need to wear power armor in order to get stabilized to work properly. I don't run with no regular armor, as you have to hop out occasionally.

Question is, should I upgrade all my armor to ultralight? It's just dead weight while I'm in power armor.
If your going to be in PA all the time then yeah Ultracite is the way to go.
Just keep an eye on the condition of the PA prices, you wouldn't want one to break.

Tobor

Oct 25, 2017
Richmond, VA
If your going to be in PA all the time then yeah Ultracite is the way to go.
Just keep an eye on the condition of the PA prices, you wouldn't want one to break.

Oh no you misread. I've got the PA all sorted. I'm actually running T-51 for various reasons.

I mean the regular armor. I'm modding it all to ultralight so it weighs less when it is dead weight in my inventory.

Deleted member 135

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
T-51b is better than the Ultracite PA. It has better resistances for ballistic and energy damage and only 80 less radiation resistance than the Ultracite, plus it can be repaired with standard and cheap materials.

PJsprojects

Oct 30, 2017
England
Oh no you misread. I've got the PA all sorted. I'm actually running T-51 for various reasons.

I mean the regular armor. I'm modding it all to ultralight so it weighs less when it is dead weight in my inventory.
Lol phone spelling fails again. I did mean Ultralite.
I agree Ultracite PA is not worth it. Always go with T60(BOS paint) or Excavator myself.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
So they're actually just cutting Vault 94 out of the game? Damn. I guess it was that poorly received?

I never bothered becuase it just sounded like a slog.

Teggy

Oct 25, 2017
<level 22 goes to do side mission>

<level 49 glowing wendigo pops out of nowhere>

wtf, game?

Status
Not open for further replies.