• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Teggy

Oct 25, 2017
I cleared the B.O.S.main quest line at lvl 24 on an alt character but did use Raider power armour that was rated at lvl15. Just a case of the right weapon and perk cards.
Builds are very important in this game.

Like I can't tell if that guy is even supposed to be there, tho. The town is roaming with level appropriate ghouls and I'm there to do the ministry of whatever quest and based on the way the game works I have no idea if it's normal or not lol

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
Guessing Wastelanders is only going to be about the length of a main story questline. Only about ten hours worth of content or so.

People will probably be pissed with that but as long as the NPCs are spread far and wide across Appalachia, I'm good.

Over time adding new sidequests, repopulating factions like the responders, etc. Trying to keep my expectations in check while being hopeful for future expansion, I'm expecting it to be a start, not a massive new experience.

PJsprojects

Oct 30, 2017
England
Guessing Wastelanders is only going to be about the length of a main story questline. Only about ten hours worth of content or so.

People will probably be pissed with that but as long as the NPCs are spread far and wide across Appalachia, I'm good.

Over time adding new sidequests, repopulating factions like the responders, etc. Trying to keep my expectations in check while being hopeful for future expansion, I'm expecting it to be a start, not a massive new experience.
Levelling up the factions takes time and that's the only way to unlock certain items/plans.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
Levelling up the factions takes time and that's the only way to unlock certain items/plans.
Ah, so theres some stuff to actually work towards/grind for rather than just running straight through the questline?

Hey, That works for me. I love the idea of building my reputation rather than just spending five hours with these characters and then becoming their king immediately.

nicoga3000

Oct 25, 2017
Is there a good place that has updated builds? I feel like most builds are either heavy weapon, 2h melee, or bloodied rifle. I kind of want to do a an AR build or an energy weapon build...But I can't find any tips on those.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
I still favor melee myself and heavy weapons myself.

My PC can't run 76 so I play on PS4 and can't aim for shit with a controller.

I miss sniping. :(

PJsprojects

Oct 30, 2017
England
Is there a good place that has updated builds? I feel like most builds are either heavy weapon, 2h melee, or bloodied rifle. I kind of want to do a an AR build or an energy weapon build...But I can't find any tips on those.
AR builds are pretty easy to do with a full stack of perk cards but your going to need a camp sat on a lead resource for canstant ammo supply.
I'm currently trying a auto laser with burn damage and beam splitter at 200 damage a shot but for 30 rounds it's 8 lead so they are also resource heavy.

nicoga3000

Oct 25, 2017
AR builds are pretty easy to do with a full stack of perk cards but your going to need a camp sat on a lead resource for canstant ammo supply.
I'm currently trying a auto laser with burn damage and beam splitter at 200 damage a shot but for 30 rounds it's 8 lead so they are also resource heavy.

I have a running First sub, so I can camp resources relatively easily. I'm on PC, so if anyone ever wants to use my server when I'm on, my Bethesda ID is nicoga3000.

I guess that said, is there a good "early build" I can run to grind up XP and start amassing better perk cards and such?

PJsprojects

Oct 30, 2017
England
I have a running First sub, so I can camp resources relatively easily. I'm on PC, so if anyone ever wants to use my server when I'm on, my Bethesda ID is nicoga3000.

I guess that said, is there a good "early build" I can run to grind up XP and start amassing better perk cards and such?
Imo don't bother buying legendary weapons until lvl 50, just scrip any you win so you have a nice stack of scrip when you reach lvl 50.
For XP look for high level events that already have one or two high lvl players, join the event and try to get one hit on the enemy.
Best ones are Sons of Daine, Uranium fever, Line in the sand & Heart of the swamp.

Teggy

Oct 25, 2017
Well that was interesting I thought I was keeping up with the recommended level for main quests but got sent to the next place and the door literally said "30+" on it. So I guess I'll do some of the many sidequests I have backed up.

Teggy

Oct 25, 2017
Ok I've basically figured out that if I see a lvl 63 diseased mutated ghoul(? I think) that means someone has crossed my path. It appears to be the stock max level mob. I was doing a quest in the dmv which has swarms of ghouls but they were lvl 5-22. All of a sudden the entire place filled with those lvl 63 guys. Turns out a lvl 100+ player had come in the door. Would be nice if they had an instancing system inside buildings.

Other times I have seen those lvl 63 types without much explanation, though, like in the lobby of fort defiance 🤷‍♂️

Anyway Ive got my BOS membership and am moving into the SW part of the map.

PJsprojects

Oct 30, 2017
England
So your about to start searching for Tagger
Ok I've basically figured out that if I see a lvl 63 diseased mutated ghoul(? I think) that means someone has crossed my path. It appears to be the stock max level mob. I was doing a quest in the dmv which has swarms of ghouls but they were lvl 5-22. All of a sudden the entire place filled with those lvl 63 guys. Turns out a lvl 100+ player had come in the door. Would be nice if they had an instancing system inside buildings.

Other times I have seen those lvl 63 types without much explanation, though, like in the lobby of fort defiance 🤷‍♂️

Anyway Ive got my BOS membership and am moving into the SW part of the map.
So your about to start searching for Taggerdy?
If take PA and have a few stims handy, the mine can be tricky while still levelling up.

Teggy

Oct 25, 2017
OK, made it through the mines

I hope they didn't actually expect you to fight multiple lvl 50 scorchbeasts because I just ran around them

I still don't get them throwing a pack of lvl 60+ scorched at you when you are lvl 30

Tobor

Oct 25, 2017
Richmond, VA
OK, made it through the mines

I hope they didn't actually expect you to fight multiple lvl 50 scorchbeasts because I just ran around them

I still don't get them throwing a pack of lvl 60+ scorched at you when you are lvl 30

What kind of build are you working towards? and what level are you? I breezed through those scorchbeats with my Heavy Weapons/Power Armor build.

Teggy

Oct 25, 2017
yeah, i think you are underleveled for that mission. But it's all good. You made it through.

are you focusing on a weapon perk at least? you should pick one and try and work towards that. (Not gunslinger!)

well, I have some perks for shotguns and pistols. The problem is you are always juggling gun types as you run down on one kind of ammo and are stocked up on another.

I went back to fort defiance and I think the powered door is locked again? Maybe I was in the wrong place to find Taggerdy's office. I decided to leave and go work on some Order of Mysteries stuff for xp as I was getting pounded on by level 60 goons in the lobby.

Teggy

Oct 25, 2017
OK, so I got to Taggerdy's office and was rewarded with

A full set of level 50 ultracite armor

Now is that like a "for later" kind of thing or have I just found out that the game expected me to be a much higher level right now? I was a bit surprised when I went to the next story quest and

the cave is filled with level 43 deathclaws lololololol

I guess I need to go back and do a bunch of sidequests I've completely ignored and maybe some world events. I did finish the Mistress of Mysteries quest line 😭

Tobor

Oct 25, 2017
Richmond, VA
OK, so I got to Taggerdy's office and was rewarded with

A full set of level 50 ultracite armor

Now is that like a "for later" kind of thing or have I just found out that the game expected me to be a much higher level right now? I was a bit surprised when I went to the next story quest and

the cave is filled with level 43 deathclaws lololololol

I guess I need to go back and do a bunch of sidequests I've completely ignored and maybe some world events. I did finish the Mistress of Mysteries quest line 😭

Yeah, you are under leveled. Do some side quests or farm so you can craft more ammo. get that lead.

PJsprojects

Oct 30, 2017
England
The sad thing is the Ultracite PA is expensive in resources to repair so nobody uses it.
Enclave quest and the X01 is worth doing but even now I still mostly use Excavator PA with upgraded legs and tesla body mod.

Massicot

RPG Site
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
United States
So I kinda want to make sure I'm in a good starting place to be ready for Wastelanders, which I want to give a fair shake. Did some basic cleaning up on my inventory/stash. I haven't really played since maybe like halfway through Wild Appalachia.

Think there's anything I really should do ahead of time that I missed? I'm thinking I really should figure out how to make a backpack. Good way to get some basic resources? I'm also still just using that quest based one-handed sword, blade of bastet. Have been for a while iirc. Not sure if that's still good.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
So I kinda want to make sure I'm in a good starting place to be ready for Wastelanders, which I want to give a fair shake. Did some basic cleaning up on my inventory/stash. I haven't really played since maybe like halfway through Wild Appalachia.

Think there's anything I really should do ahead of time that I missed? I'm thinking I really should figure out how to make a backpack. Good way to get some basic resources? I'm also still just using that quest based one-handed sword, blade of bastet. Have been for a while iirc. Not sure if that's still good.
Get ready becuase storage space is still pretty limited.

If you've developed the habit of picking up everything that isn't nailed down in Bethesda games, this one will force you to make choices about what you do or don't keep. You'll probably regularly have to do some cleaning up at your camp.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
Do we know if Fallout First allows you to have unlimited storage on public servers or is that just for private ones?

I'll pay for that shit with a vengeance if its the former.

Teggy

Oct 25, 2017
Can you stack rifleman and expert rifleman? I'm confused as to the difference between these two cards.

Deleted member 135

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Can you stack rifleman and expert rifleman? I'm confused as to the difference between these two cards.
Yes, those damage cards each come in three versions; base, expert, and master.

They can all be stacked. Your best bet is if you decided on where you want to spec (rifleman for example) is that you want your Perception high enough to have each of the three rifleman cards at 3 stars, so you get a 60% damage boost. Conversely if you are going to run rifles as a low-level/backup you can have each of the three cards in at 1 star each for a 30% damage boost (rather than one at 3 for only 20%).

Also if you go rifleman you want Tank Killer at level 3.

Teggy

Oct 25, 2017
Yes stack the whole lot.
Yes, those damage cards each come in three versions; base, expert, and master.

They can all be stacked. Your best bet is if you decided on where you want to spec (rifleman for example) is that you want your Perception high enough to have each of the three rifleman cards at 3 stars, so you get a 60% damage boost. Conversely if you are going to run rifles as a low-level/backup you can have each of the three cards in at 1 star each for a 30% damage boost (rather than one at 3 for only 20%).

Also if you go rifleman you want Tank Killer at level 3.

thanks for the info

Teggy

Oct 25, 2017
So looking for some more quests today a went up the road towards the mothman museum icon. The town was filled with lvl 1 mobs, which really surprised me. The game very clearly guides you towards the Responders when you start, so it was strange there was low level content in the opposite direction. I never encountered anything that sent me up there either.

update: definitely in a weird spot right now level 41 and was hoping to hit 50 before going back to the main quest line. But I only have 1 or 2 available sidequests, the rest are dailies and world events. I spent some time going up and down the west side of the map and there's lots of places to visit but no quests to trigger. Very odd.

Last edited:

Teggy

Oct 25, 2017
Heh, I went ahead and did the bunker mission instead of pushing more levels and this time instead of level 43 deathclaws they were level 21 😂

Massicot

RPG Site
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
United States
So I need to revive someone as the last thing I need for a backpack. Any easy way to do this if I always play solo? Otherwise I'm Massicot on PC if someone want to trade jumping off buildings with me.

Teggy

Oct 25, 2017
Well I went into the silo pretty unprepared. It went poorly. Going to regroup and try that again.

Swiggins

was promised a tag
Apr 10, 2018
So I need to revive someone as the last thing I need for a backpack. Any easy way to do this if I always play solo? Otherwise I'm Massicot on PC if someone want to trade jumping off buildings with me.
I paid a player 50 caps to die to some scorched for me so I could revive him.

Worth it.

Teggy

Oct 25, 2017
Well it wasn't pretty (had to go back to my camp to get more stims and made a panicked reddit post when I realized I misunderstood the way codes are deciphered) but it is done.

Sort of seemed like the whole point of the main quest was to bring an end to the scorchbeasts but it just ends so oh well?

Bring on Wastelanders!

Status
Not open for further replies.