• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 135

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Finally got around to getting the Platinum trophy for this game. Thankfully my wife plays so I was able to cheese out the kills and revives trophies.

Massicot

RPG Site
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
United States
Got my 60 capacity backpack, completed all nonrepeatable quests as far as I know, gathered a bunch of stims and materials, I think I might be all set for Wastelanders. Maybe I'll try to upgrade my power armor a bit even though I don't like wearing it for "normal" play..

Teggy

Oct 25, 2017
Oh geez I've been searching all over for pioneer scout locations because I figured I just hadn't found the right things to get the badges going (and I tend not to like looking at guides). Well I should have looked at the guides a long time ago because they're in the challenges section 🤦‍♂️

Landford

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Seems the Wastelanders update was delayed due to the pandemic

rainking187

Oct 25, 2017
I didn't realize how rare Deathclaw hides were until I started trying to get the leather worker possum badge. I've killed like 20 Deathclaws so far and gotten 1 hide.

Teggy

Oct 25, 2017
Awesome stuff here. Free move to Steam if you have a Bethesda launcher version, plus Triple XP weekend.

fallout.bethesda.net

Fallout 76 | Fallout 76: Inside the Vault – Steam Launch Updates and Triple XP This Weekend

This week, we have updates to share with you about our launch on Steam alongside Wastelanders release on April 14, as well as a surprise Triple XP Bonus this weekend.

One important caveat tho

If you already have Fallout 76 on Bethesda.net, you will not be able to transfer your Atoms or Fallout 1st membership balance between Bethesda.net and Steam. Additionally, Atoms you earn are specific to one or the other platform. However, items you have purchased through the Atomic Shop will be shared across both platforms – Bethesda.net and Steam.

So basically if you're going to switch, spend all of your atoms first.

Last edited:

rainking187

Oct 25, 2017
I'm going to wait and see if anything interesting is added in the next store update, but if not I'll probably spend my remaining atoms on the Grognak plush.

MattyG

Oct 25, 2017
So what's the best move if I'm starting a new character, do it now and get some triple XP questing in, or do it when Wastelanders drops? IGN said there's a pretty steep level gate early on in Wastelanders, so I'm thinking maybe the former

Teggy

Oct 25, 2017
Is there anything I can build so I can store all my notes without taking up stash space? I don't understand why holos don't count toward stash space but notes do.

PanzerKraken

Nov 1, 2017
So what's the best move if I'm starting a new character, do it now and get some triple XP questing in, or do it when Wastelanders drops? IGN said there's a pretty steep level gate early on in Wastelanders, so I'm thinking maybe the former

Take advantage now. Im not sure how the storyline progression is but technically Wastelanders story stuff is supposed to happen more in line with stuff going on post the main storyline of 76.

Desmond

Oct 25, 2017
Managed to gain 4 levels in the short time I played today. I've had the game since launch but left it soon after barely being over level 25.

Really want to knuckle down and put some good hours into the game. If anyone is playing on PS4 let me know.

Buttzerker

Powerhouse Protector / Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Reinstalling this. Triple XP event sounds good. I played co-op before but my friend hated it so I'm gonna restart solo.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
Wait, I missed out on the majority of a TRIPLE XP weekend?

OfE4Pet.gif

Buttzerker

Powerhouse Protector / Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Any tips on which graphics settings or something are demanding? Game runs at ass on my fairly powerful PC [2070 super and 9700k]

rainking187

Oct 25, 2017
Any tips on which graphics settings or something are demanding? Game runs at ass on my fairly powerful PC [2070 super and 9700k]

Make sure you check what it's actually running on. It ran terribly for me when I first played it, turned out it defaulted to my integrated graphics card instead of my actual one. Not sure if they ever fixed that.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
so should we roll new characters?

I only recently started playing again and I am level 27
Well, there are two main factions and you have to side with one of them eventually and it closes off the other. You'll also have different Fallout 3/NV style skill checks in conversations and what not.

Having two different characters of differing moral allignment with two different builds/stats for Wastelanders is what you'll probably want to do if you want to see everything from the expansion.

Oct 26, 2017
Well, there are two main factions and you have to side with one of them eventually and it closes off the other. You'll also have different Fallout 3/NV style skill checks in conversations and what not.

Having two different characters of differing moral allignment with two different builds/stats for Wastelanders is what you'll probably want to do if you want to see everything from the expansion.
So I should create a new character?

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
So I should create a new character?
As others have said, one character is totally fine (probably not going to start a second character too soon myself) if you don't care about the other side but Fallout 76 will introduced more nuanced content where there are different quest endings depending on how you handle things with factions and dialog choices, making the content more replayable than other 76 content.

PanzerKraken

Nov 1, 2017
did wastelanders get delayed?

im level 25 now. only real source of income is water purifiers selling them to venders for expensive arse plans

Its better to browse and try to buy plans that you find at other player camps. Most players tend to price the plans cheaper than the npc vendors and can often save a ton of caps that way. It's lot of searching and trial and error to find what you want of course, but I usually try to browse any camps inventory I find for some cheap plans

OP
OP
Katarn343

Katarn343

Jan 22, 2018
MĂ©xico - United States
Wastelanders is looking great, hopefully it presents somewhat of a small comeback for this game. I no longer defend it as intensely as I did when it launch (in hindsight I was wrong in many, many areas), but I still think most people were too harsh on it as a complete package, but I get it. It had a terrible launch, full of bugs and connectivity issues that are still present to this day. Despite this, I really adored the excellent worldmap (best one Bethesda has made in my opinion), atmosphere, music, the cryptids and the world encounters.

Jtrizzy

Nov 13, 2017
New trailer makes it look fun. I'm level 26, I barely remember how I got there. Seems like it would be fun to start fresh, but I doubt I will. I played for about an hour tonight to see how performance is. Unfortunately, G-Sync doesn't seem to work with the game for me. 2080 and a 9600k on a 120hz LG C9, and anything above 60 stutters at 1440p, and forcing fast v-sync in the NCP is necessary or I get tearing. When I try 4k60 with triple buffered regular v-sync, it is smoother experience, but not when you get drops into the 50's and 40's. 4k60 and 1440p120 are the only refresh rates it can do until next gen gpu's and consoles come out.

PJsprojects

Oct 30, 2017
England
Everyone been doing character prep?
So far I've got 90k worth of ammo, max caps on two characters and own 90% of all current in game plans.
Today's task is get my weight down enough to run X01 or Strangler heart for a shot at the new boss.

Also I think its worth doing as many Atom challenges as possible for tomorrows store update.

Vex

Oct 25, 2017
I haven't played in awhile and was thinking of starting fresh with the new update......

.......but just one problem. I really. REALLY don't want to do that back pack quest over again just to increase my carry limit. Bethesda recommends you start fresh for the full experience, but that quest fucking sucks. Took me three days to do it because it isn't fully soloable at certain stages. And no one wants to do it because it is tedious af. You had to ask someone to come online and give you something (I can't even remember what it was). And then you had to find a specific fucking camera item which was really annoying.

*Sigh* :'c

PJsprojects

Oct 30, 2017
England
I haven't played in awhile and was thinking of starting fresh with the new update......

.......but just one problem. I really. REALLY don't want to do that back pack quest over again just to increase my carry limit. Bethesda recommends you start fresh for the full experience, but that quest fucking sucks. Took me three days to do it because it isn't fully soloable at certain stages. And no one wants to do it because it is tedious af. You had to ask someone to come online and give you something (I can't even remember what it was). And then you had to find a specific fucking camera item which was really annoying.

Nah I recommend staying with a character above lvl 20 (I'm in the PTS)

rainking187

Oct 25, 2017

They added a small backpack plan to the game a while back, it's in the Overseers stash at Morgantown Airport. Not sure how the carry weight compares to the normal backpack though. And yeah, you had to revive someone else to get the normal backpack. It's actually pretty easy if you see the Encryptid event running, there's plenty of opportunities to revive people there.

PJsprojects

Oct 30, 2017
England
Small backpack 15 extra
Normal 60 extra
Possum mod adds 60 but looses shield

Be aware that the Atom store skins do not work with the small backpack.

All the above are for lvl50 players.

Last edited:

Coriander

Oct 27, 2017
NYC
And then you had to find a specific fucking camera item which was really annoying.

If you're talking about locating the tourist carrying the camera, so you can get one of your own, yes, it was annoying to find. But they added an in-game C.A.M.P. terminal you can use that simply tells you the tourist's location.

Vex

Oct 25, 2017
heads up: it appears in your steam library right now if you linked your bethesda account to steam according to reddit, Think ill just stick to the beth launcher...

Last edited:

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
Switching to Steam.

Gonna use its chat feature as a ghetto text chat since Bethesda can't seem to be bothered.

Deleted member 135

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Katarn343 tagging you in this post since you are the OP.

Should we have a new OT for Wastelanders or just ask for a title change and have the mods move this back to Gaming?

Oct 26, 2017
anyone else on the xbox, the one x?

cause this game has a memory leak bug that forces me to do a hard reboot on my console to clear out the system cache. if not it will crash my xbox if I play for a long period. only game that makes my xbox do that

Status
Not open for further replies.