• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Samaritan

Oct 25, 2017
Tacoma, Washington
I've never gotten so much entertainment out of a game I have no intention of ever playing. All of y'all that are still playing this game are out of your minds.

BabyMurloc

Oct 29, 2017
They are probably loving it the in fighting must be swaying others to also subscribe.

Preorder Starfield Peasant Edition today! If you want to rise above* the masses, subscribe to Starfield Birthright** today!

*figuratively only, no rise of status guaranteed

**not an actual birthright, subscription has no actual benefits

Mudo

Oct 25, 2017
Tennessee
This whole thing is childish trolling but the funny part to me is these people specifically are the worst imo lol.

They paid EVEN MORE to play the shit show that is Fallout 76. They're like the Lords of a Denny's or something. I'm all for people having fun however they want but to do that then say these things? Lol y'all deserve F76

Shy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
KBjwzam.jpg

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
I freaking love this tbh.
These stories make me more interested in the game that everything I've heard from Bethesda about the game lol.

StayHandsome

Nov 30, 2017
If I had the cash lying around I'd join in on the aristocracy side just to help perpetuate the divide and make it a really interesting allegory on society

Starlatine

533.489 paid youtubers cant be wrong
Oct 28, 2017
Oh i'm positive the people who are fighting others for not "being rich enough" are doing it all in jest and not being assholes for realzies. I trust gamers so much.

Should be the other way around. The people that paid for shit in Fallout 76 should be laughed at.

It started as the other way around then the.... sigh.... 1sters got mad because they dont like being reminded they made poor decisions i guess.

Deleted member 23046

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I'm pretty sure both sides see themselves as the "hero"
My message was unclear, it wasn't about the morality ("hero") but the game system. Tabletop RPGs offers a freedom that such books don't have, and videogame are mechanically closer to these, with the exception of MMOs or sandbox. And it's not a judgment of value, I like both, but in terms of release the balance is outrageously in favour of one category so conceptions of what RPGs are. I agree that here it's a roleplaying influenced by a real life situation (the paid access) than motivations can be confused, not like here for exemple :

Last edited:

Roshin

Oct 30, 2017
Sweden
So, a desperate attempt to justify your poor choices?

It would be funny if Beth introduced an even more absurdly expensive subscription or DLC for the truly insecure. The Golden Whale Elite Pack or something.

Servbot24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
"I get two days off a week, sometimes less," Tull said. "I don't have time to grind challenges for atoms, or fight to farm for workshops,"
So play a different game.

I really don't get the religious level of devotion people have to this series.

Decarb

Oct 27, 2017
And the social experiment continues. Someone at Bethesda is taking notes while wearing a lab coat.

Foxashel

Banned
Jul 18, 2019
I love this. Part EVE, part Ultima Online, part real world. It's been a long road, but somehow the 2018 GOTY just got even better. Thank you, Bethesda! And more importantly, thank you, Todd Howard.

Joeyro

Oct 28, 2017
What are the odds that this is some kind of viral marketing? I never had any interest in 76, but i'm fascinated by all the social shenanigans and role play potential.

Zellia

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Gotta admit, I laughed. I'd never pay for Fallout 76 itself, much less premium, but if they're having fun then cool.

TheDarkKnight

Oct 25, 2017
This hasn't gotten close to my enjoyment in reading about Eve online stories but it might be my number 2. Games I'll never touch but enjoy the stories that come from it

bitsykibbles

Oct 27, 2017
It's so meta, the factions strife, the nonsense, the silliness! And all the while data is being recorded... but this time unlike the Vaults...
It's going to be put to use.

WestEgg

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Fallout 76 may be a hot mess, but I do love when these player driven stories pop up like this. It's the same reason I keep an eye on Eve, even if I don't play it.

jayu26

Oct 25, 2017
I love this game, hours and hours of entertainment without even playing. In that regard it's like Eve Online, but hilariously bad.

Edit: we think alike WestEgg.

Oct 28, 2017
Wow that is pretty cool actually. Reminds me of early Ultima Online when they didn't have everything completely polished up and you could do things like kill Lord British.