• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

cognizant

Dec 19, 2017
I consider that mercy.

Bethesda : Let me guess. Your home?
Glorf12: It was. [activates the light switch, showing an empty house] And it was beautiful. My house was like most homes; too many mouths, not enough to go around. And when we faced eviction, I offered a solution.
Bethesda :... by playing Fallout 76?
Glorf12: At random. Dispassionate; fair to noobs and trolls alike. They called me a madman... and what I predicted came to pass.
Bethesda: Congratulations, you're a gamer.
Glorf12: I'm a survivor.
Bethesda: Who wants to hoard bullets.
Glorf12: With 900 hours, I could simply snap my fingers; they would all cease to exist. I call that... mercy.
Bethesda: Then what?
Glorf12: I finally rest, and watch the sun rise on a grateful universe. The hardest choices require the strongest wills.
Bethesda : [bans Glorf12] I think you'll find... our wills equal.... to yours.

Majukun

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
while i wouldn't be surprised of a fuck up on bethesda's part,most of the time the "reportedly innocent guy" is instead just a dirty cheaterthat tried to get unbanned by blaming the devs and rising a controversy around his ban.

can't really say if this is the case though.

Jun 26, 2018
after-10000-years-im-free-gif.gif

Plasma

Oct 25, 2017
I still think even if somebody uses the dupe exploit Bethesda shouldn't be banning people. They should just be glad anyone is still left playing their game and should spend their time fixing it rather than banning people.

Tigress

Oct 25, 2017
Washington
I still think even if somebody uses the dupe exploit Bethesda shouldn't be banning people. They should just be glad anyone is still left playing their game and should spend their time fixing it rather than banning people.

Except the duping exploit is affecting the game of other people playing it and yes I've seen people bitch that Bethesda needs to do something about it. I

Vinnk

Oct 26, 2017
Japan
In Bethesda's defense how could they have anticipated that someone would put 900 hours into their game?

ChrisP8Three

Oct 26, 2017
Leeds
Serious post now though (since everyone already did the jokes i could think of) what are Bethesda going to do about it? he's banned until the next patch fixes it? that implies the next patch will remove ammo created by duping glitches and since he hasn't duped he won't loose ammo. So then what? he is reinstated and they basically gave their best player time out? or he stays banned because they still think he is cheating? in the latter case it needs human intervention otherwise that becomes a permaban

banter

Jan 12, 2018
Something doesn't add up here. This guy claims the game must have a counter for all ammo pickups (which is false, these findings are from a maintenance period when the devs went through player inventories to find rare items that are obviously duped) yet he has 225,000+ of the most rare ammo in the game and only 72,000 of the most common and usually found in increments of 500, so that still wouldn't account for the ridiculous imbalance.. The guy was duping without a doubt. His convoluted description of giving items between his characters is simply a means of trying to say if I duped, it was an accident and I don't buy it. Dude got banned for cheating just like the pc players who modded to get into the dev room. The guy who glitched into the vault didn't get banned because it was a legitimate glitch. Dude's just butthurt he dedicated so much time just to get caught cheating. You can argue the duping is a glitch too, but it's a glitch you have to know what you are doing to make work, it's not something you just happen to stumble upon 500 times.

EDIT: Also, his total hours don't matter as much when you see that the offense took place within a 30-day period. If you go by the average someone calculated earlier he apparently got all of these items within 279 hours, not the total 900+ they have been playing.

Last edited:

Voytek

Oct 25, 2017
while i wouldn't be surprised of a fuck up on bethesda's part,most of the time the "reportedly innocent guy" is instead just a dirty cheaterthat tried to get unbanned by blaming the devs and rising a controversy around his ban.

can't really say if this is the case though.

Yup. I'm always cautious about these kinda stories.

Spacejaws

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Scotland
Honesty, who the fuck cares if someone is duping ammo. Is there any real effect to other players and such if your duping ammo? Like if players could dupe potions in an MMO I honestly wouldn't give a shit and does it harm other players that much? Do players shooting each other generally run out of ammo and it stops the fight or does PVP usually just end up with someone dead.

Does Bethesda actually want to ban the few players they have playing the game?

Apathy

Oct 25, 2017
Actively banning people that willingly want to play your game to own...yourself I guess

Oct 30, 2017
I can hear Todd Howard somewhere going "I am a merciful god."

On a serious note though: And. Bethesda wonders why Fallout 76 has an awful reputation

Sha_96

Jan 22, 2019
They have the nerve to ban the few people who enjoy this excuse of a game, this clusterfuck never ceases to amaze me

mindatlarge

Oct 27, 2017
PA, USA
Title should state that he was banned for reportedly using an in game dupe bug to amass all that ammo. As it is, it's intentionally misleading.

Biske

Nov 11, 2017
Haha that's hilarious.

They should honestly just let such things go. It's not as if the PVP is worth a damn anyway so having so much ammo really means nothing and at this point if someone is willing to play this game they should let em

Last edited:

Ensoul

Oct 27, 2017
900 hours? That is like 9 hours a day. How is that even possible? But that is a weak move by Bethesda as well but they may be doing this person a huge favor.

noyram23

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Well Bethesda won't let Crackdown 3 and Anthem take the spotlight, they're still digging

TetraGenesis

Oct 27, 2017
I am absolute dogshit at math, but I ran through the numbers as best as I could and, if I'm not totally mistaken, in the 100 days Fallout 76 has been out, this dude has played nine hours a day?

VG Aficionado

Nov 6, 2017
It's over 900!

But he shouldn't worry, they said they will let him play again as soon as they fix the "issues". And it's not like he can't make another account.

(I wonder how many people have these gaming habits...)

Tigress

Oct 25, 2017
Washington
How can you play so much and not get bored?

Why I always roll my eyes when some one says, "I played 100 (plus) hours" and the game is boring!" Yeah, it's boring cause you played a lot of it and now it feels hollow cause you've played so much. You've forgotten that it was fun at one point (no way you got to 100 hours without enjoying it).

My favorite is I've seen so many posts about this about Fallout 76, but for some reason the quote is usually I played 700 hours. If you played 700 hours and are just now getting bored... the game was damned entertaining! I haven't even played that much of GTA online and it's been out for, what, 6 years? And I always end up coming back to it when I'm bored and don't have much to play (though I think I'm finally done with it entirely. But I've thought so before and eventually came back).

Anyways, yes, some of us are entertained by this game. And I've met a few people IRL who are loving it too. So despite Era's love to snipe on this game, tehy are people who do actually enjoy it. I honestly expect that this game will be like GTA online for me, something I play in between games. Better cause it has a real storyline and can much easier be played single player. Plus the user base isn't in general a bunch of trolls like GTA online. And yes, it does have a storyline. And btw, Bethesda may be horrible at writing a main story, but I love their way of writing about pre war history in Fallout and finding the snippets. And Fallout 76 is all about that so it seems they're skipping what they're not great at anyways and focusing more on what they bring interesting to Fallout. 4 was missing that a lot :( (even the vaults were disappointing). That's something it seems they brought to Fallout that it didn't have as much before (the more focus on pre war and story through finding notes on it).

Sande

Oct 25, 2017
50/50 on him being banned for a legitimate reason.

That's how these stories typically go.
Yeah I've seen far too many of these situations turn out to be 100% justified to just take him at his word.

It's still ridiculous that since Bethesda can't fix or detect the exploit, they start banning people because they seem like they might be using it.

VeePs

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Bethesda is a fucking joke.

Ban a player who loves your game to play it that much.

abellwillring

Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
There is usually more to these stories than the banned person will admit. I can't imagine Bethesda would claim he's duping without some more proof than just he has a lot of some items. He's probably played it a lot AND duped.