• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

mario_O

Nov 15, 2017
Honestly, I think it's a waste of time and effort. The core of the game is just not fun. Andd then you have the bugs, the performance...

Deleted member 26753

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
What do you think Bethesda's expectations are for Fallout 76? It failed to take off, it was critically panned, and it's destroyed their reputation. With The Division 2 coming out soon, and Anthem released, is it realistic to think the audience is going to grow? The roadmap looks like the kind of roadmap you'd make if your game was doing well. It doesn't seem like it addresses any of the complaints people who have left the game had.

ZangBa

Oct 25, 2017
What do you think Bethesda's expectations are for Fallout 76? It failed to take off, it was critically panned, and it's destroyed their reputation. With The Division 2 coming out soon, and Anthem released, is it realistic to think the audience is going to grow? The roadmap looks like the kind of roadmap you'd make if your game was doing well. It doesn't seem like it addresses any of the complaints people who have left the game had.

I still play the game and the roadmap clearly addresses a lot of the complaints we have. Player vending, legendary scrapping, camp decoration and prestige are big ones for me. I have less than 0 interest in ever playing Anthem and The Division 2 and I don't feel like these games are even all that similar to F76 tbh. If I had to play a looter shooter, I'd still play Destiny 2 over them.

mercenar1e

Banned
Dec 18, 2017
The roadmaps for Anthem, Fall out and Division 2 have been very well laid out with content and features despite their troubled releases.

They have to be commended for this.

yeah let's clap for developers that release games not completed and charge full price for shit. very commendable indeed.

SolidSnakeUS

Oct 25, 2017
Like the roadmap, but the way that they handle balancing and changes in the game, it still won't bring me back. Just the fact that they got their builds mixed up for major updates and the fact that all they ever do is nerf shit compared to actually making weak things better does not make me want to come back.

Sotha_Sil

Nov 4, 2017
Maybe I'll venture out to this game at some point. I love exploring BGS worlds, this is the only one I've avoided.

Is it possible to have a TESO type rebound?

Spacecowboy

Oct 27, 2017
Nice, grabbed a copy a couple of weeks ago for like 12$. Had fun and will be back for more content.

Great to see they're still supporting it

ThisIsBlitz21

Oct 22, 2018
I hope Bethesda can make a No Mans Sky type comeback.

Now if they come out at E3 and apoligize sincerely about the game, I might actually get it.

Last edited:

Deleted member 26753

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I still play the game and the roadmap clearly addresses a lot of the complaints we have. Player vending, legendary scrapping, camp decoration and prestige are big ones for me. I have less than 0 interest in ever playing Anthem and The Division 2 and I don't feel like these games are even all that similar to F76 tbh. If I had to play a looter shooter, I'd still play Destiny 2 over them.
That was kind of my point. The roadmap seems to address the issues of people still playing the game. That's good for those players. Those complaints should be addressed. I was just wondering if Bethesda is fine with the current player base and is trying to keep them engaged, or if they plan to try and expand the audience and pick up some of the more traditional fan base.

The roadmap seems to indicate they're not going to try any of the more radical, or drastic things to broaden its appeal. There's no mention of mod support or private servers. There's no mention of populating the wasteland with traditional NPCs.

DrScruffleton

Oct 26, 2017
I believe so yes, also your avatar is amazing!

Awesome, thanks! And Chloe is one of my favorite video game characters ever!

Mostly Yes, up to and including launching a nuke. There's some quests on the map designed for multiple players though (not main or side quests). Probably can't take on a Scorchbeast queen solo either, in terms of super bosses, but the likely hood of there not being other players around one of those is pretty low.

Thanks! Good to know, im still interested in trying it out. Kinda holding out to see if it ever goes on game pass but might grab it when price is very low

Last edited:

tuxfool

Oct 25, 2017
The roadmaps for Anthem, Fall out and Division 2 have been very well laid out with content and features despite their troubled releases.

They have to be commended for this.
Or they could make an untroubled release and still lay out a roadmap.

Any fool can lay out a roadmap.

Aswitch

Nov 27, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Whoo man do they have their work cut out for them. Honestly i bought the game at release and didn't even bother playing it as of yet, but considering the changes they're going to be making, i'll have to at least try it out. Maybe after everything is out.

Goodacre0081

Oct 25, 2017
so was there any follow up to all the retail stores trying to give this game away for free with purchases of other items or outright removing them from shelves?

Katarn343

Jan 22, 2018
MĂ©xico - United States
This sounds very nice. I left the game for over two months and came back a week and a half ago, I'm having a lot of fun. I missed like four updates and I can tell that the game is a lot more responsive.

aspiring

Oct 25, 2017
Im a massive fallout fan, and a friend just got me this for my birthday as a "joke" present. This actually sounds awesome though and makes me want to play!

Katarn343

Jan 22, 2018
MĂ©xico - United States
I just glossed over it, but you will be able to use clutter items as decoration, finally! I've been asking for a non-modded version of this feature since Fallout 4. Also, that little image with the Wastelanders update seems to indicate some sort of robot companion? Fingers crossed for automatron customization from Fo4.

maxresdefault.jpg

Meows

Oct 28, 2017
I think this game had a lot of problems but I still really enjoyed my time with it (especially the map). I'll come back if they implement these things.

Se_7_eN

Oct 25, 2017
I bought 76 with the Blue Yeti microphone on Black Friday and still haven't played it yet.

This roadmap looks fantastic... Especially when compared to another roadmap that was released today.

Deleted member 249

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I got Fallout 76 at launch but bailed a few hours in, because it was a fucking shitshow, but this roadmap suggests that there's some cool stuff planned for the game coming up. Bethesda's handling of the game has been a train wreck so far, and this doesn't absolve them, but if they follow through on the stuff they are planning here, they could start to pull the game up to the initial promise of its potential, if nothing else.

peppersky

Banned
Mar 9, 2018
I watched the Joseph Anderson video about the game and it actually kinda made me want to get the game. The locations seem pretty cool and the absence of NPCs doesn't actually sound that bad, considering how bad Bethesda's writing has been since basically Morrowind.

I'm just kinda worried about it still being incredibly buggy and about it not performing very well on my PC.

ASaiyan

Oct 25, 2017
I mean, at least they're not giving up. Plenty of GAAS games have indeed been saved by updates and persistence.

Deleted member 6056

Oct 25, 2017
Well...Id hate to see a favorite franchise die. Here's hoping they can turn this around but as a WV native I can tell you that around here everyone is pretty much done with it and try not to mention it. It was like a black eye being added to an already battered frame. Folks dont talk about it because they thought they'd finally have something cool to boast about around here.

Hope it turns around but its probably too late for anyone here to give it a shot. They were pretty upset by this.

mas8705

Oct 27, 2017
That's... actually a pretty decent roadmap.

I'm going to cross my fingers and hope this goes well for them since it seems like we can't go one or two weeks without Fallout 76 somehow digging an even bigger hole for itself than it already has.

BizzyBum

Oct 26, 2017
New York
I still laugh at people who thought Bethesda already abandoned the game and it was going F2P and then shut off by the end of 2019.

TerryLee81

Oct 26, 2017
There are 280 viewers watching Fallout 76 right now on Twitch. 10 less than Fallout 4. There seems to be zero interest in this anymore.