Ambient80

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I love that this has like super popped off, they did such a great job of capturing the essence of Fallout with the visuals, humor, and crazy gore. It actually reinvigorated my love for the games and now I'm deep into FO76 and loving every minute of it. I never thought I would say that after playing it at launch haha, but they've really improved it, even if it still has its issues.

Edit for timeline question: The show takes place after all of the games, yes? It's like (relatively) shortly after the events of Fallout 4?

AgentStrange

Oct 25, 2017
I knew the show would do decent numbers but man. This is so great to see. Cannot wait for S2. Hope they put it on Blu-ray down the line. I'd love to have steelbook to add to my collection.

CrichtonKicks

Oct 25, 2017
terms of minutes viewed (their previous record with a binged release was Reacher's 1.84B in 3 days vs Fallout's 2.9B in 5 days - RoP did 9.4B in 4 months) so RoP may currently have the edge worldwide in terms of number of viewers. But I think Fallout will end up 1st in the long run due to being a lot better show.

Yeah, it's not possible to do an apples-to-apples comparison right now with Fallout and RoP because the latter was week-to-week (with two episodes dropping day one IIRC) versus Fallout releasing all at once. So the first week numbers are going to inherently favor Fallout. But there is an excellent chance that Fallout will be ultimately bigger.

Kiyamet

Apr 21, 2024
It was great. I might actually rewatch it after Im done with my NV playthrough. I always thought Fallout would be a good springboard for a show/ movie and Im glad to see this adaptation was filled with creatives showing love for the source material while creating something new.

Ambient80

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I knew the show would do decent numbers but man. This is so great to see. Cannot wait for S2. Hope they put it on Blu-ray down the line. I'd love to have steelbook to add to my collection.
Ooh, I would love this. Knowing Amazon they'll want to funnel everyone they can into subscribing to their streaming service, but maybe once the show is complete they would consider it? That would be very nice

Chippewa Barr

Powered by Friendship™
Aug 8, 2020
Googling GoT
"Game of Thrones ended its run by averaging just under 12 million viewers for its initial airing on HBO and a staggering 44 million across all platforms over the course of its eighth and final season"
Understandable%2C_Have_a_Great_Day.jpg

But for real - damn that's a shitload lol.

I know the era of streaming has progressed even since then but still, great news for Fallout.

Goes to show what happens when the showrunners actually give a shit and respect the source material while at the same time adding to the universe in their own ways.

Ripcord

Oct 30, 2017
I love that this has like super popped off, they did such a great job of capturing the essence of Fallout with the visuals, humor, and crazy gore. It actually reinvigorated my love for the games and now I'm deep into FO76 and loving every minute of it. I never thought I would say that after playing it at launch haha, but they've really improved it, even if it still has its issues.

Edit for timeline question: The show takes place after all of the games, yes? It's like (relatively) shortly after the events of Fallout 4?
I think it takes place right after the events of New Vegas.

Oct 28, 2017
Googling GoT
"Game of Thrones ended its run by averaging just under 12 million viewers for its initial airing on HBO and a staggering 44 million across all platforms over the course of its eighth and final season"
Ive been searching and can't quite find streaming viewers from reputable sources. It's all based on minutes watched, which again doesn't do me any good. 44 million seems wild for a season finale when against Fallouts premier.

OP
OP
FarSight XR-20
Jan 4, 2018
Rings of Power:
- 24h : 25M
- 1 month : "nearly 100M"
- 3.5 months : 100M

Fallout:
- 16 days : 65M
- 1 month : 80M

Thalanil

Fallen Guardian
Aug 24, 2023

NullPointer

Oct 27, 2017
Mars
I can't stop watching this.

Every time I notice more details, tidbits and lil moments. Just fantastic, densely constructed and very rewatchable.

Heraldic

Prophet of Regret
The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
This was one of the best series I've watched in quite awhile. I typically only watch movies and don't have the patience for tv series to progress. Glad it's getting the attention it deserves.

Kasai

Jan 24, 2018
It was such a treat of a show and was almost everything I could've wanted in a show. I liked how they had their own wasteland abominations and didn't just make a mirelurk or a death claw as a big bad. We had a fucking yao guai and a finger lizard thing.

And the final shot of the show? Fucking magical. I started hooting and hollering and my brother was at a total loss. I had to boot up NV again, for proabbly the 7th time, and I'm in love.

TinTuba47

Nov 14, 2017
I've watched the first 6 episodes, dig it a lot

Cool thing is that my girlfriend likes it a lot, and she has zero familiarity with Fallout as a game franchise. They really did a great job of appealing to both fans and newcomers

Gestault

Oct 26, 2017
I'm eatin' a full course of crow on this one, re: the quality. I expected so little from this based on the early promo stuff.

Nephtes

Oct 27, 2017
It was me. I was the 80 millionth viewer.

Amazing show. Really captured the quirky humor I loved from Fallout 3/New Vegas.

Absolutely stoked for another season.

Dyno

AVALANCHE
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Started it today and tbh I don't get the hype. I'm forcing myself through it since a friend wanted to chat about it but it just seems like any other modern drama. Glad it's doing well but definitely not for me at all

Mesoian

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
I mean that sounds good, but honestly, I have no idea what that metric means in 2024. For all we know, that could still be a failing mark in the eyes of Amazon.

NullPointer

Oct 27, 2017
Mars
I'm eatin' a full course of crow on this one, re: the quality. I expected so little from this based on the early promo stuff.
Still burping up crow-flavor every so often from when I thought The Last of Us wouldn't fly on TV, even if only from post-apocalyptic zombie fatigue.

Turns out I don't know shit, and both of these shows are incredible. Its lovely to be wrong sometimes.

(still don't think Horizon Zero Dawn live-action will work at all, so maybe everybody should just get a head start and reinstall those games now)

eXistor

Oct 27, 2017
Didn't think too much of it myself, didn't really feel this was that special in any way except for Walton Goggins who's always great.

OP
OP
FarSight XR-20
Jan 4, 2018

View: https://twitter.com/falloutonprime/status/1790452141976613367

Breakthrough Comedy Series
Bodkin
Colin from Accounts
Gen V

Breakthrough Drama Series
Black Cake
Fallout
Mr. & Mrs. Smith
The Curse
X-Men '97

Breakthrough Limited Series
Baby Reindeer
Ripley
The Sympathizer
Shōgun
Under the Bridge

Breakthrough Nonfiction Series
Black Twitter: A People's History
Jerrod Carmichael Reality Show
Life on Our Planet
Murder in Boston: Roots, Rampage & Reckoning
STAX: Soulsville, U.S.A

Outstanding Performance in a Comedy Series
Robyn Cara, Bodkin (Netflix)
Siobhán Cullen, Bodkin (Netflix)
Harriet Dyer, Colin from Accounts (Paramount+)
Kaya Scodelario, The Gentlemen (Netflix)
Jaz Sinclair, Gen V (Amazon MGM Studios)
Kristen Wiig, Palm Royale (Apple TV +)

Outstanding Performance in a Drama Series
Nathan Fielder, The Curse (Showtime Networks)
Walton Goggins, Fallout (Amazon MGM Studios)
Mia Isaac, Black Cake (Hulu)
Emma Stone, The Curse (Showtime Networks)
Zine Tseng, 3 Body Problem (Netflix)

Outstanding Performance in a Limited Series
Richard Gadd, Baby Reindeer (Netflix)
Lily Gladstone, Under the Bridge (Hulu)
Ambika Mod, One Day (Netflix)
Tobias Menzies, Manhunt (Apple TV+)
Andrea Riseborough, The Regime (HBO | Max)
Hiroyuki Sanada, Shōgun (FX Network)
Anna Sawai, Shōgun (FX Network)
Andrew Scott, Ripley (Netflix)
Hoa Xuande, The Sympathizer (HBO | Max)
Ji-young Yoo, Expats (Amazon MGM Studios)

OP
OP
FarSight XR-20
Jan 4, 2018
S2 filming apparently starting September 2.

And if what was listed in this week's Production List is true, we're also impressed with how quickly work on the second season is getting underway. Apparently, filming is set for September 2, 2024, in both Los Angeles, California, and Toronto, Canada. While there's always the huge chance that this could just be early, preliminary filming, it's still a nice boost seeing "Season 2" listed.

bleedingcool.com

Fallout Season 2: Prime Video Series Sets September Filming Date

Based on this week's Production List, it appears Prime Video's Fallout Season 2 has a filming date set in September in Los Angeles & Toronto.

deathsaber

Nov 2, 2017
I'm way late to the party now, but just watched episode 1 and I'm floored. Never really ever had a thought of wanting a Fallout show, but now that I have seen it, what was I thinking?

In short, its finally something based on a videogame- that actually feels like an authentic representation of the game and game world itself. Its its own story, but flawlessly fits right into the narrative and world that the games have portrayed.

Don't get me wrong- The Last of Us was a very good TV show, and I like it, but in the end, it feels like an artsy fartsy Emmy bait HBO series version of The Last of Us. Pedro Pascal and Bella Ramsay are great in it, but I don't really see game Joel or Ellie in any of them, and they really marginalized the action aspects and the danger of the infected, in general, which just don't get screentime.

But Fallout- it's just that world and game on the screen. That mix of serious and grim, with a slight sprinkle of camp. The bits of ultraviolence which is pretty hardcore, but again- always kind of tongue in cheek. And visually- just spot freaking on. Absolutely nailed the vaults, opening the hatch. And the Brotherhood of Steel and fucking power armor. Absolutely terrifying for anyone having to face down a Knight. Lucy the vault dweller, her plucky but naive demeanor, love her opening scene practically telling us her SPECIAL stats and skill selections

Just one episode in, but they seemed to have nailed everything. Can't wait to keep watching.

OP
OP
FarSight XR-20
Jan 4, 2018
I'm way late to the party now, but just watched episode 1 and I'm floored. Never really ever had a thought of wanting a Fallout show, but now that I have seen it, what was I thinking?

In short, its finally something based on a videogame- that actually feels like an authentic representation of the game and game world itself. Its its own story, but flawlessly fits right into the narrative and world that the games have portrayed.

Don't get me wrong- The Last of Us was a very good TV show, and I like it, but in the end, it feels like an artsy fartsy Emmy bait HBO series version of The Last of Us. Pedro Pascal and Bella Ramsay are great in it, but I don't really see game Joel or Ellie in any of them, and they really marginalized the action aspects and the danger of the infected, in general, which just don't get screentime.

But Fallout- it's just that world and game on the screen. That mix of serious and grim, with a slight sprinkle of camp. The bits of ultraviolence which is pretty hardcore, but again- always kind of tongue in cheek. And visually- just spot freaking on. Absolutely nailed the vaults, opening the hatch. And the Brotherhood of Steel and fucking power armor. Absolutely terrifying for anyone having to face down a Knight. Lucy the vault dweller, her plucky but naive demeanor, love her opening scene practically telling us her SPECIAL stats and skill selections

Just one episode in, but they seemed to have nailed everything. Can't wait to keep watching.

You're in for a treat.

715063bc96d19b127b36605708106e67ad3784f2.gif

Cudpug

Nov 9, 2017
I'm not a Fallout fan so watched it as a show relatively unbiased.

I had some issues with the writing near the end but what I will say about this show - the production values are really good. Everything looks of a high quality. The environments must have taken a ton of effort to put together. As well as great acting from most of the cast, the environments, attention to detail and cinematography is excellent.

Nothing looks cheap, and the combat scenes are solid.

Extra Sauce

Oct 27, 2017
That's great.

I'm sorry, and I did like the comic book stint we got. But games are so much better suited to adaptations than comic books. There's just so much more diversity in settings, themes, artstyles, and stories. Comic books tend to have the exact same structure too. There's so much to be able to be done with games that it will literally provide multiple decades worth of content, rather than a single decade.

comic books are just as varied as any medium, it's not all superhero stuff.

for example, I would like to see an adaptation of this:

remission-cover.jpg

davepoobond

Oct 25, 2017
www.squackle.com
so, im like 6 episodes in.

i'm not crazy about the show. i like the mystery with the vaults, i like the production value, etc. I think there's something going on where i feel like all of the different elements you wanted to see applied from the games are a little bit too haphazardly thrown in and the show doesn't really feel focused as a result.

i am not particularly fond of the extended flash backs, i think it is a bad narrative device for Fallout since the "before times" were always a bit of a mystery and part of the fun was piecing together what it was like before the apocalypse. it is a bit too clear that there is a lot of anachronistic technology available for the "1950s" and lessens the believability of the the vaults existing.

i've only played and beaten Fallout 3, so i suppose i'm not hugely educated on the series, so maybe i'd feel different if i'd played at least some of the other games.

Het_Nkik

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
It's crazy to me because I think it's a good show and all, but it doesn't come off (to me) as something with this kind of mass appeal.

Even my gf who didn't really feel like checking it out because she said it sounded like something she'd hate ended up loving the first episode and watched the whole season with me.

Big props to the show's makers.

Diablos

has a title.
Oct 25, 2017
I'm gonna have to buy eps because I don't need Prime for shopping and the rest of their shows are not anything I want to see

bounchfx

Oct 25, 2017
Muricas
Played 3 and 4 at launch but was never a big fan of either. Just finished the show last night and really quite enjoyed it a lot! It made me want to dive back into the wasteland

So I reinstalled fo4 and oh man I think I only lasted ten minutes before noping on out of there. I can't believe how bad it felt on PC but especially how bad the UI experience was. Is it worth trying 76 at all? How is the inventory management and UI/control experience? I love the idea of fallout so much more than I enjoy playing the games I guess

Lashes.541

Dec 18, 2017
Roseburg Oregon

I believe nine to ten years is what they have said

Last edited:

Dyno

AVALANCHE
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I found it pretty mediocre as well.
Yeah I mean it wasn't bad or anything. I dunno I'd just expected a bit more as the hype online has been pretty high, plus a friend was talking it up a lot too. I'm also not exactly huge on drama though and didn't expect it to lean as hard into that angle I guess.