• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Prolepro

Ghostwire: BooShock
Banned
Nov 6, 2017
KKL43xe.gif
Pretty much my exact reaction.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
Given the subject of the article this closing boilerplate line was really funny
reminds me of when the Xbox One & Kinect just came out, and every Machinima vid had a pre-baked in bumper at the top advertising it, and then the Super Best Friends had an intro right afterwards where they destroy the Kinect

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
I shouted "Damn", can this game not fuck up for a 36 hour period

El-Suave

Oct 27, 2017
Influencers and media getting better stuff than Collector's Edition buyers is nothing new though. Happens with well liked and actually good games as well.

ShinySunny

Banned
Dec 15, 2017
That's not the same bag.
fallout-76-power-armor-edition-canvas-duffel-bag-nylon-controversy-fake-ads-bethesda-reddit.jpg

I get that it's more scandalous if you say, "Influencers got THE bag!" But influencers just got A bag. It's not a good look regardless, but this just seems like grabbing onto something to create today's "Bethesda just keeps giving!"

Well yeah, they used all the linens on the other bag.
If Bethesda would've shaved off 30% off of each of those brown bags, they would've enough to make the West Tek bags for everyone.

Fat4all

Oct 25, 2017
here
That's not the same bag.
fallout-76-power-armor-edition-canvas-duffel-bag-nylon-controversy-fake-ads-bethesda-reddit.jpg

I get that it's more scandalous if you say, "Influencers got THE bag!" But influencers just got A bag. It's not a good look regardless, but this just seems like grabbing onto something to create today's "Bethesda just keeps giving!"
they must of used all the canvas on the influencer bags

Deleted member 888

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That's not the same bag.

Bethesda first claimed it was too expensive to use canvas, then changed that to some material shortage spin.

It looks funny as fuck either way.

Vexii

Oct 31, 2017
UK
One thing that I would like to remain cautiously optimistic about - hopefully this absolute train wreck of a video game shifts their priorities (in a much needed positive direction) for TESVI

... Right, guys?

mas8705

Oct 27, 2017
Never thought I would see the day that a company would somehow surpass EA or Konami in terms of hate, and while we could still be a ways out from that, it is all the same considering to think that Bethesda might outdo themselves in becoming "Most disliked game company of the year."

Muffin

Oct 26, 2017
I'm confused. So did influencers get the Collectors Edition with an actual canvas bag, or did they just get a completely different bag out of canvas some time before release that doesnt have anything to do with the Collectors edition?

Regardless what they pulled with the bag is already scummy on its own.

Oct 27, 2017
Lol, wow, nice job assholes. Though to be fair those still aren't what was pictured in the collector's edition anyway.

It's clearly a different promotional item but the fact that they could spring for canvas for it really isn't a good look considering what they said about the $200 collector edition.

Fat4all

Oct 25, 2017
here
I'm confused. So did influencers get the Collectors Edition with an actual canvas bag, or did they just get a completely different bag out of canvas some time before release that doesnt have anything to do with the Collectors edition?

I imagine they got everything in the collectors edition, but not from a retail box and with a nicer bag

probably sommit closer to a press kit but worth a lot more

Salty Rice

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Pancake City

Its apparently a different bag that isnt in the collectors edition but its still shitty considering the people who paid 200 bucks didnt got one because it was too expensive while they gave away other canvas bags for free.

vodalus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
CT
That's not the same bag. I get that it's more scandalous if you say, "Influencers got THE bag!" But influencers just got A bag. It's not a good look regardless, but this just seems like grabbing onto something to create today's "Bethesda just keeps giving!"

Thanks for clearing this up. This changes the situation completely.

TheYanger

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
That's not the same bag.

yeah that was my first thought...Look at that video posted too, it's obviously not THE COLLECTORS EDITION bag or content. It's just swag they got.

This is a real stretch.

TheStebe

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
London
You are kidding..... are you...

HEY Bethesda! Is this.....hey! Is this a joke?!

Wha..what? It isnt? You just made enough for influencers and reviewers but ran out for people who actually put down 200 bucks to get a canvas bag as part of the collectors edition?!

Wow