• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

sinonobu

Oct 25, 2017

The remake of the two famicom detective club games (Famicom Tantei Club: Kieta Kōkeisha and Famicom Tantei Club Part II: Ushiro ni Tatsu Shōjo) will come to Switch in Japan on 2020.

The remake will be collaborative effort between Mages and Nintendo.

Sakamoto and the original staffs would also be directly be involved for the remakes.

The game will also be fully voiced.

in game screenshot
16cfe602979242da.png

direct segment

Last edited:

Clov

Oct 25, 2017
I'm happy that it's being remade, though it's not a great sign for localization if it wasn't shown in the English language Direct. Hope that it does get picked up.

How is this collaboration working? Mages is developing, but is Nintendo publishing, or did Mages just lisence the property from Nintendo?

Argot

Oct 29, 2017
The SNES remake of the sequel is great and I've always been disappointed there's not as much as a fan translation of the original. Really hope this makes it over here.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
is there even a glimmer of hope that this gets localized?

Aeana

Oct 25, 2017
I love these games. The remakes look excellent. I hope they take the opportunity to translate them so other people can experience these great games.

Het_Nkik

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I imported these several years ago and never played them. I was hoping somebody would fan-translate them. How do I get Nintendo to bring this over.

lsayer

Oct 26, 2017
How do we start a project rainfall 2 for these? Can someone step up to the mantle and get the ball rolling?

Deleted member 2793

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Funnily enough, in the last shareholder meeting someone asked them specifically about Famicom Tantei Club and the production of future Nintendo Adventure games:

Zm5boy4.png

These were Takahashi and Miyamoto's answers:

Ugy3bbD.png

BxxQJGV.png

ChunkyChowder

Oct 25, 2017
Yo what the hell Nintendo, this is the perfect opportunity to introduce these games to the west.

Last edited:

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
I've tweeted at NOA for a localization and can only pray it's in the cards.

Derachi

Oct 27, 2017
As the owner of the URL FamicomDetective.club, I'm stoked. Hope there's a localized version.

kikuchiyo

Nov 9, 2017
I'd bet they're not localizing this. Time for some of y'all go to make those Japanese Switch accounts and pick up Genki Iand II.

FormatCompatible

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Holy shit I'm sooo fucking happy! This and Moon were my favorite announcements of this direct. Please, please Nintendo localize this!

Naga

Alt account
Banned
Aug 29, 2019
That's pretty insane, especially after what Miyamoto said at that investors meeting...
Hope it's localized.

Zan

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
LOCALIZE THIS.

MARIO VS DONKEY KONG 38 CAN WAIT.

jph139

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I really, really, REALLY hope we're beyond the point of Nintendo leaving these sorts of games in Japan. I'd love for an official translation of the series.

If anyone is curious after seeing this, I STRONGLY encourage seeking out the fan translation of the SNES game. It's a really, really solid little text adventure game. It has a vibe that can't be beat.

MaitreWakou

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
May 15, 2018
Toulouse, France
This is 2020 Nintendo can't just not release one of their game here like if it's 2006, come on come to the west !!!
Megaton of the direct seriously and we didn't even saw it lmao

-shadow-

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Region free but most likely no English support... Damned Nintendo!

Symphony

Oct 27, 2017
Seriously, localise this Nintendo, I've been wanting to try Famicom Detective Club for many years.