• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Angie

Best Avatar Thread Ever!
Nov 20, 2017
Kingdom of Corona
Recently Famitsu interviewed Yasutaka Ogura the producer of Armored Core 6, at the Taipei Game Show, and asked him questions about what fans can expect with AC6

y_63dcfe3dae581.webp

Mori: "Bearing in mind this key element of the game, then, what are the biggest differences between this title and the previous one of 10 years ago?"

Ogura: "Perhaps the biggest difference came from the freedom to spend more on the game's development and resources, so this was one practical consideration. The other factor was that as 10 years had passed between titles, we at FromSoftware had developed so many other titles in the interim, from Dark Souls II to Bloodborne, Dark Souls III, Deracine, and of course others, like Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice, and most recently of all, Elden Ring, all of which changed us. The experience and know-how that our game designers and developers built up through these titles was able to be made use of in this title."

Mori: "What has been the major developmental focus for this Armored Core title?"

Ogura: "We were determined to take advantage of FromSoftware's experience and know-how to really establish freedom for the player in terms of what can be done with game controls and the customization that lies at the series' core. That was the key point we focused on. When you play the game, you will see how changing parts affects the action elements. The action and customization elements really do work together symbiotically, and I really think this is the most important thing. Defining the parameters that govern this relationship was absolutely key."

Mori: "So you would consider this a beginner-friendly title, then. Last year, you released Elden Ring to great worldwide acclaim, even winning 'Game of the Year.' With this being the first new title since, I am sure that a great many gamers are very excited about this title. Have you put in place any measures to make the game easier to play for newcomers to the series?"

Ogura: "We have. We plan to release more details about this in the coming days, but I can talk about one such element today. As I mentioned earlier, one of the key elements of Armored Core is the assembly of various parts to customize your very own mech. it is the element of the game with the most depth, and for many fans, it is the most enjoyable. Seen from the perspective of new users, though, it is a very detailed and complex system, which take as long time to master for a lot players. At leas, that has been the case in many of the series' previous titles. This time, we have put a number of new measures in place to help make assembly and customization more intuitive and logical than it has been in the past."

Mori: "One thing FromSoftware is famous for is developing hardcore games that are seriously difficult to clear. Just how difficult is the latest Armored Core title?"

Ogura: "In this game, as always, we have striven to create a game that poses a stiff challenge for our players, and I'm confident we have achieved that. Our approach to the issue of difficulty level in Armored Core VI is slightly different to other titles, in that the most distinctive feature of the Armored Core series is the combination of parts to customize the player's mech. As this lies at the title's core, it is really the adjustment of these parts that is the key to overcoming difficulties within the game. This is the point on which we placed the most emphasis in combination with the action system. We have designed a game that rewards using the most appropriate actions in each situation to overcome difficulties and attain a sense of achievement."

translated by Gematsu. And full interview in Emglish on Gematsu: https://www.gematsu.com/2023/02/arm...ra-talks-mech-action-at-taipei-game-show-2023

Huge thank you salromano

More at Famitsu: https://www.famitsu.com/news/202302/03291680.html

Last edited:

signal

Oct 28, 2017
AC fans detesting any possible change of the series in the direction of souls franchise in shambles.

Anyway at least SOME influence of souls+ series would be a good thing. AC single player has featured a lot of bland missions for a while. Something besides assault this base and destroy turrets is a good thing.

The Quentulated Mox

▲ Legend ▲
Jun 10, 2022
-Please tell us your impressions of the response and other comments you have received since the announcement.

It has been 10 years since the last work, so I realized that many fans had been waiting for this work. Last year was the 25th anniversary of the series, so we felt that we managed to make the announcement just in time.

--What are the major differences from the previous "Armored Core" series?

We spent more money and resources on this game than we have in the past. Also, our staff has developed a lot of knowledge and expertise through the "Dark Souls" series and "Eldenring". We are developing a new action game that combines these elements with the concept of the AC series. We hope you will look forward to it.

--Is Mr. Hidetaka Miyazaki, president of From Software, involved in the production of this game?

I was in charge of directing the early stages of the game under the title of "Initial Game Director. I determined the direction of the game's base, maps and action.

--What direction did you decide on?

I reexamined the freedom of operation by reconfiguring the robot parts, which is unique to the AC series. We defined the direction in which the actions would change depending on the parts.

--What kind of parts will appear in the game?

There are barriers, quadrupeds, and pile bunkers in this game, just like in past games. There is a lot of information about the game hidden in the trailer, so if you take the time to look at it, you will be able to think, "What can I do with this? If you take a good look at the trailer, you will be able to think about what you can do with it.
--How difficult is the game?

The response is typical of FromSoftware. Our approach is different from other games in that the core of the game is the reassembly of parts. The key is to use this as a clue to overcome the difficulties.

The boss battles are typical of our company's boss battles. It is challenging to learn the enemy's movements, catch faint signs, and repeat the most appropriate attacks.

Also, as a characteristic of mechas, both enemy and own machines move in a flashy manner. The combat will be dynamic, with a dizzying mix of close quarters and long range.

--Is there a multiplayer element to the game?

The story is single player. We also have an online arena. There is also an element where you can exchange emblems that you can put on your aircraft. You can create your own original mecha, including coloring.

--Please tell us about the storyline of this game and how it is connected to the previous games.

There is no storyline connection with the previous work, so there is no problem if you start from this work.

The title "FIRES OF RUBICON" comes from the worldview of this game. The story takes place on the planet Rubicon 3, where a mysterious new tropic has been discovered. Various companies and organizations are competing for the privilege. The protagonist throws himself into the ravages of war as an independent mercenary.

pvin626

Nov 16, 2017
"Boss battles are battles with bosses that are typical of our company. Learning the enemy's movements, grasping subtle signs and repeating the optimal attack is rewarding."

All I needed to know.

Kuro

Oct 25, 2017
Reminder that this is machine translated before people make confirmations

platocplx

2020 Member Elect
Oct 30, 2017
People are gonna get their hopes dashed. ALL this is saying is that they are more experienced Devs than previous due to all their work on other titles thats it.

salromano

Mr. Gematsu
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
This is just a short version of the official Taipei Game Show interview. I posted a full English transcript here:

www.gematsu.com

Armored Core VI: Fires of Rubicon producer Yasunori Ogura talks mech action at Taipei Game Show 2023

Bandai Namco hosted an 18-minute interview with Armored Core VI: Fires of Rubicon producer Yasunori Ogura of FromSoftware as part of its Taipei Game Show 2023 parallel show BNE FUN LIVE 2023, durin…

"Perhaps the biggest difference came from the freedom to spend more on the game's development and resources, so this was one practical consideration. The other factor was that as 10 years had passed between titles, we at FromSoftware had developed so many other titles in the interim, from Dark Souls II to Bloodborne, Dark Souls III, Deracine, and of course others, like Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice, and most recently of all, Elden Ring, all of which changed us. The experience and know-how that our game designers and developers built up through these titles was able to be made use of in this title."

samcastor

Apr 21, 2021
I really really hope it doesn't have the souls'like formula for the gameplay loop. I think I have had enough of it even within the estabilished IPs with those systems lol.

SacredMoonPrincess

Alt-Account
Banned
Dec 30, 2022
FROM taking stuff from there most successful franchise to revitalize something that's been considered super mediocre is very good news to me.

OP
OP
Angie

Angie

Best Avatar Thread Ever!
Nov 20, 2017
Kingdom of Corona
This is just a short version of the official Taipei Game Show interview. I posted a full English transcript here:

www.gematsu.com

Armored Core VI: Fires of Rubicon producer Yasunori Ogura talks mech action at Taipei Game Show 2023

Bandai Namco hosted an 18-minute interview with Armored Core VI: Fires of Rubicon producer Yasunori Ogura of FromSoftware as part of its Taipei Game Show 2023 parallel show BNE FUN LIVE 2023, durin…

"Perhaps the biggest difference came from the freedom to spend more on the game's development and resources, so this was one practical consideration. The other factor was that as 10 years had passed between titles, we at FromSoftware had developed so many other titles in the interim, from Dark Souls II to Bloodborne, Dark Souls III, Deracine, and of course others, like Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice, and most recently of all, Elden Ring, all of which changed us. The experience and know-how that our game designers and developers built up through these titles was able to be made use of in this title."
If I saw yours first I would have put it. Let me edit

Fredo

Oct 30, 2017
The game is up on the PlayStation store now, so maybe there will be an actual presentation of the game soon.

Deleted member 27921

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
mechs can't bleed though, so I'm not sure how the sweaty Bleed Build Elden Ring players are going to cope with that.

Cerulean_skylark

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account.
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Every AC trailer focuses on mechanics unique to each game. I think the trailer is definitely telling us a lot by focusing so much on close range weaponry.

This is absolutely more of a "ER and DS has taught us how to design games better".

Last edited:

Masagiwa

Jan 27, 2018
I don't interpret that answer as meaning that Elden Ring will directly influence Armored Core.
I think he is saying that between now and the last AC game they've acquired a lot of experience, know-how and money.
Thats exactly what he is saying and it echoes the same sentiments of Miyazaki and Yamamura (main director) in the previous info drop. What developer doesn't use some elements from previous games they developed? I don't think I can name a single one

convo

Oct 25, 2017
I think what they're saying is that Elden Ring gave them game dev experience, like the pipeline and know-how and not exactly copying the game formula.
It sounds more like using tech and all that that they haven't done for the last armored core. Machine translations are scuffed.

Oghuz

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Misleading title.

Anyway, doesn't seem like they said too many new stuff about the game? I wonder when they will reveal the gameplay if the game is meant to release this year.

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
That's a bait title. They are talking DEVELOPMENT experience from Souls/Elden Ring, not game design. They matured/are more confident as a developer is what they saying.

Sesha

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
This interview reminded me of Kobayashi's interviews for DMC4, whenever he got asked about gameplay stuff.

YaBish

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
-Please tell us your impressions of the response and other comments you have received since the announcement.

It has been 10 years since the last work, so I realized that many fans had been waiting for this work. Last year was the 25th anniversary of the series, so we felt that we managed to make the announcement just in time.

--What are the major differences from the previous "Armored Core" series?

We spent more money and resources on this game than we have in the past. Also, our staff has developed a lot of knowledge and expertise through the "Dark Souls" series and "Eldenring". We are developing a new action game that combines these elements with the concept of the AC series. We hope you will look forward to it.

--Is Mr. Hidetaka Miyazaki, president of From Software, involved in the production of this game?

I was in charge of directing the early stages of the game under the title of "Initial Game Director. I determined the direction of the game's base, maps and action.

--What direction did you decide on?

I reexamined the freedom of operation by reconfiguring the robot parts, which is unique to the AC series. We defined the direction in which the actions would change depending on the parts.

--What kind of parts will appear in the game?

There are barriers, quadrupeds, and pile bunkers in this game, just like in past games. There is a lot of information about the game hidden in the trailer, so if you take the time to look at it, you will be able to think, "What can I do with this? If you take a good look at the trailer, you will be able to think about what you can do with it.
--How difficult is the game?

The response is typical of FromSoftware. Our approach is different from other games in that the core of the game is the reassembly of parts. The key is to use this as a clue to overcome the difficulties.

The boss battles are typical of our company's boss battles. It is challenging to learn the enemy's movements, catch faint signs, and repeat the most appropriate attacks.

Also, as a characteristic of mechas, both enemy and own machines move in a flashy manner. The combat will be dynamic, with a dizzying mix of close quarters and long range.

--Is there a multiplayer element to the game?

The story is single player. We also have an online arena. There is also an element where you can exchange emblems that you can put on your aircraft. You can create your own original mecha, including coloring.

--Please tell us about the storyline of this game and how it is connected to the previous games.

There is no storyline connection with the previous work, so there is no problem if you start from this work.

The title "FIRES OF RUBICON" comes from the worldview of this game. The story takes place on the planet Rubicon 3, where a mysterious new tropic has been discovered. Various companies and organizations are competing for the privilege. The protagonist throws himself into the ravages of war as an independent mercenary.
LOL

"What's different about this Armored Core game?"
"Well for starters we have a budget this time..."

Masagiwa

Jan 27, 2018
Misleading title.

Anyway, doesn't seem like they said too many new stuff about the game? I wonder when they will reveal the gameplay if the game is meant to release this year.
Not too much no
I was thinking E3 period for gameplay + public demos at Gamescom with a release late 2023? or am I totally off?

Lumination

Oct 26, 2017
I watched the video before this and did not that impression at all. Incredibly clickbait headline.

OP
OP
Angie

Angie

Best Avatar Thread Ever!
Nov 20, 2017
Kingdom of Corona
Do I need to change the title to the Google translated one from Famitsu?

"Armored Core 6" Interview with Ogura Producer. "It's a new action that combines the know-how gained from 'Elden Ring' etc. with the concept of the AC series."

All I did was simplify it

looprider

Oct 27, 2017

"Armored Core 6" Interview with Ogura Producer. "It's a new action that combines the know-how gained from 'Elden Ring' etc. with the concept of the AC series."

Maybe change the word "experience" to learnings or know-how?

Interesting interview, and I am all for a more user/beginner friendly AC with a budget!

super-famicom

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017

Maybe change it to "Development Experience?" A bunch of people will only read the title and comment based off that.