Famitsu Details Kingdom Hearts III World Order, Pudding Heartless, Gummi Ship Customization and More

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Rychu, Feb 12, 2018.

1. Rychu

Rychu Member Original Poster

Untranslated Source: https://www.famitsu.com/news/201802/11151608.html

Translated Source: https://www.khinsider.com/news/Fami...tless-Gummi-Ship-Customisation-and-More-11333

• As previously revealed, development of the worlds are split up into three different sections. The first round of worlds are around 90% complete, the middle round of worlds are around 60-70% complete.
    • Toy Story and Monsters Inc. are in the first round of worlds, alongside Olympus. Tangled is in the middle round of worlds.
    • There are roughly 10 worlds over the 3 parts, but it is unclear if that is just Disney worlds or all of the worlds in the game.
    • The Rare Heartless will be a giant-sized Japanese pudding themed Heartless. Co-director Tai Yasue says that there will be different fruit accessories that they wear.
    • The Giantland (Mickey and Jack and the Bean Stalk) segment will be implemented like an old LSI game. This is something that Nomura really wanted to put into Kingdom Hearts 3.
    • You will be able to customize the Gummi Ship with accessories. It is not like Kingdom Hearts 1 level of customisation, but more in tune with how you could accessorize Aqua in Kingdom Hearts 0.2 Birth by Sleep.
    Also, not from the article, but considering based on leaked, rumored and confirmed information we should be getting Land of Departure/Castle Oblivion, Twilight Town, Mysterious Tower, Keyblade Graveyard AND Radiant Garden, I’m going to assume there’s 8-10 Disney worlds.

EDIT: Here’s a look at Giantland.
    [​IMG]

2. Aokiji

Aokiji Member

Keeping hope alive for marvel & Star Wars :(

hyped for pudding heartless

4. Mullet2000

Mullet2000 Member

Did we know about the Jack and the Beanstalk level before this? I'd never heard that before.

5. Falchion

Falchion Member

Toy Story early is awesome because I want to get there as soon as possible.

6. RiderKairuu

RiderKairuu Member

Good to hear about the Gummi Ships, the customization was needlessly complicated and it should be simplified. What does LSI mean?

7. Hystzen

Hystzen Member

yeahhhhh gummi ships zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

8. Habimaru

Habimaru Member

Message from the translator over KHInsider
    Don't panic, people.

9. jett

jett Community Resettler Member

wtf is LSI?

10. Wrestleman

Wrestleman Member

Sounds pretty much like KH2 size then. Not to mention they say worlds are much larger this time.

11. Rychu

Thanks, added it to OP.

12. Hexa

Hexa Member

By LSI do they mean graphical style? Also, why LSI for Giant Land? That seems random.

13. DNAbro

DNAbro Member

It’s like a Game and Watch game.

14. LukarWuff

LukarWuff Member

Limited Gummi Ship customization sounds good to me. I always just chose the premade blueprints because creating my own felt way too complicated. It sucks for anyone who really liked that aspect though.

Also, I really hope Castle Oblivion does make a return (though it sort of has to). I know there wasn’t much to that place, but I loved the whole storyline of it, between Birth by Sleep and Chain of Memories.

15. Nothing Loud

Nothing Loud Member

Is Giantland its own world?

16. jett

jett Community Resettler Member

Oh no, this?

Why.

17. ezekial45

ezekial45 Member

Games like this.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

18. Eylos

Eylos Member

One more World confirmed?
    [​IMG]

Like those tiger games where part of the screen is fixed while the rest of the screen is rendered via led(s)

20. Sub Boss

Sub Boss Member

Giant what?

21. Kain

Kain Member

I'm guessing kind of game &watch?

Also yeah, so much info means the release date must be earlier than expected.

22. RiderKairuu

RiderKairuu Member

Oh wow I never heard of those. Thanks!

23. Habimaru

Habimaru Member

[​IMG]
    We got a look at the LSI game from the behind the scene thingy

it definitely sounds like the Giantland world is the one Nomura’s wanted to do for a while.

25. Peff

Peff Member

Yep

[​IMG]

EDIT: Beaten.

26. Kain

Kain Member

This looks amazing

27. Z-Beat

Z-Beat Member

Press the Doug button to climb the beanstalk

Oh wow they really put the work in.

28. Chibs

Chibs Member

Jesus, the news about KH3 just keeps on coming!
    It all sounds awesome dammit!
    [​IMG]

29. Rychu

The world leak we got (which isn’t a complete list of worlds) said we would be getting Land of Departure and I imagine Castle Oblivion would be included in that world. Plus, Sora has to wake up Ventus in there so it’s practically confirmed.

Star Wars is definitely happening, I have zero doubt that this is the item for the final worlds Nomura has wanted to do since FFVII.

Frozen is a given as well, no way Disney would let this game go out without having their biggest animated cash cow as a part of it.

As for Marvel, I get the feeling it's a no go. Square Enix is already doing the Avengers game, and with Big Hero 6 as a part of the game, that might be splitting the difference.

31. Nothing Loud

Nothing Loud Member

I'm genuinely surprised at how near to completion this game seems to be. Looks like we are getting a story trailer and 2018 release date at E3.

Osaka team always delivers.

32. Rychu

I would bet Frozen is going to be a huge E3 reveal.

33. LukarWuff

LukarWuff Member

Yeah, that’s why I said it sort of has to be in the game lol. Just looking forward to it.

34. BriGuy

BriGuy Member

Goddamn am I sick of Olympus. Hercules wasn't a good enough movie to justify revisiting it so many times.

35. ArmsofSleep

ArmsofSleep Member

Pretty cool I guess

Damn is is pretty fucking lit. PUDDING HEARTLESS

NOW THIS IS WHAT I CAME HERE FOR

36. Ishiro

Ishiro Member

LSI is the new retro pixels

[​IMG]

Edit: triple beaten

37. BKatastrophe

BKatastrophe Member

Interesting, interesting, interesting.

I still need to play 2.8 before this comes out. Fuck Chi.

38. Rychu

Watch X Back Cover movie, it’s related to chi but the things in that movie are likely the only things about chi/unchained/Union they will talk about in the game.

39. Chibs

Chibs Member

There's gonna be some crazy hard trophy attached to this thing... I can feel it in my bones.

40. LukarWuff

LukarWuff Member

I’m kind of in the same boat, but it at least looks a lot more exciting in the footage we’ve seen so far.

On the bright side, at least it isn’t Atlantica or Wonderland ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

41. Rychu

It’s better in KH3. In KH1, you got Olympus Coliseum. In KH2, you got Olympus Coliseum and Underworld (basically Hell).

In KH3, Olympus is so expanded that you get Olympus Coliseum, Heaven, Mount Olympus, Underworld and City of Thebes.

42. Rychu

I personally would love to revisit Wonderland, it has so many unique crazy areas and so many things they could do, but they wasted the world on a boring fetch quest of finding items hidden throughout the world. If done right, I would love revisiting it.

43. Meelow

Meelow Member

Yeah, this looks amazing. I secretly hope this is like Timeless River from KH2.

44. Napalm_Frank

Napalm_Frank Member

Real shame if Gummi building is removed.

45. Cornbread78

Cornbread78 Member

sweeeet. Give it too us!

I just can't see it happening, Marvel and Star Wars are disney's current golden gooses and they are control freak when it comes to those franchise, just see how controlling they were on battlefront 1 and 2, they didn't even want character customization because everything needed to be perfectly faithful, can you imagine their reaction if they hear star wars themed Keyblade or star wars themed heartless? I just don't see it

47. Boddy

Boddy Member

I guess this is one way to stop people from building Donut-Shaped gummi-ships..

48. Napalm_Frank

Napalm_Frank Member

All they needed to do to fix that is make the enemies aim for the cockpit instead of the center of building grid :P

49. Eylos

Eylos Member

There's StarWars Lego i dont think Its Impossible

50. Zomba13

Zomba13 Member

I don't want to put earrings and a pretty necklace on my Gummi Ship, I want to make my own space aeroplane with lasers and missiles and spreadguns and a radar and 4 engines and a net.

:(

I like the gummi ship bits. I like building my ship and playing Star Fox :(