• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Rychu

Oct 25, 2017
Utah, USA
Untranslated Source: https://www.famitsu.com/news/201802/11151608.html

Translated Source: https://www.khinsider.com/news/Fami...tless-Gummi-Ship-Customisation-and-More-11333

There was a lot of repeated content in the report, so we have only included details which are new or expand on previously known information.

• As previously revealed, development of the worlds are split up into three different sections. The first round of worlds are around 90% complete, the middle round of worlds are around 60-70% complete.
  • Toy Story and Monsters Inc. are in the first round of worlds, alongside Olympus. Tangled is in the middle round of worlds.
  • There are roughly 10 worlds over the 3 parts, but it is unclear if that is just Disney worlds or all of the worlds in the game.
  • The Rare Heartless will be a giant-sized Japanese pudding themed Heartless. Co-director Tai Yasue says that there will be different fruit accessories that they wear.
  • The Giantland (Mickey and Jack and the Bean Stalk) segment will be implemented like an old LSI game. This is something that Nomura really wanted to put into Kingdom Hearts 3.
  • You will be able to customize the Gummi Ship with accessories. It is not like Kingdom Hearts 1 level of customisation, but more in tune with how you could accessorize Aqua in Kingdom Hearts 0.2 Birth by Sleep.
About the "roughly 10 worlds", let me clarify.
In Japanese, they have written 「十数個」as the counter for the number of worlds, which is a vague way to express any number from 10-19.
The simplest way to express this in English was "roughly 10", as I thought it would keep the number vague enough while also not being exactly 10.

Also, not from the article, but considering based on leaked, rumored and confirmed information we should be getting Land of Departure/Castle Oblivion, Twilight Town, Mysterious Tower, Keyblade Graveyard AND Radiant Garden, I'm going to assume there's 8-10 Disney worlds.

EDIT: Here's a look at Giantland.
DVt7_6PWAAAW6K-.jpg

Last edited:

RiderKairuu

Oct 25, 2017
Good to hear about the Gummi Ships, the customization was needlessly complicated and it should be simplified. What does LSI mean?

Habimaru

Oct 29, 2017
Message from the translator over KHInsider
About the "roughly 10 worlds", let me clarify.
In Japanese, they have written 「十数個」as the counter for the number of worlds, which is a vague way to express any number from 10-19.
The simplest way to express this in English was "roughly 10", as I thought it would keep the number vague enough while also not being exactly 10.
Sorry for any confusion. I probably could have worded that better :'(

Don't panic, people.

Hexa

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
By LSI do they mean graphical style? Also, why LSI for Giant Land? That seems random.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Limited Gummi Ship customization sounds good to me. I always just chose the premade blueprints because creating my own felt way too complicated. It sucks for anyone who really liked that aspect though.

Also, I really hope Castle Oblivion does make a return (though it sort of has to). I know there wasn't much to that place, but I loved the whole storyline of it, between Birth by Sleep and Chain of Memories.

mugurumakensei

Elizabeth, I’m coming to join you!
Oct 25, 2017
it definitely sounds like the Giantland world is the one Nomura's wanted to do for a while.

OP
OP
Rychu

Rychu

Oct 25, 2017
Utah, USA
Limited Gummi Ship customization sounds good to me. I always just chose the premade blueprints because creating my own felt way too complicated. It sucks for anyone who really liked that aspect though.

Also, I really hope Castle Oblivion does make a return (though it sort of has to). I know there wasn't much to that place, but I loved the whole storyline of it, between Birth by Sleep and Chain of Memories.
The world leak we got (which isn't a complete list of worlds) said we would be getting Land of Departure and I imagine Castle Oblivion would be included in that world. Plus, Sora has to wake up Ventus in there so it's practically confirmed.

Empyrean Cocytus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Upstate NY
Keeping hope alive for marvel & Star Wars :(

Star Wars is definitely happening, I have zero doubt that this is the item for the final worlds Nomura has wanted to do since FFVII.

Frozen is a given as well, no way Disney would let this game go out without having their biggest animated cash cow as a part of it.

As for Marvel, I get the feeling it's a no go. Square Enix is already doing the Avengers game, and with Big Hero 6 as a part of the game, that might be splitting the difference.

Nothing Loud

Literally Cinderella
Oct 25, 2017
I'm genuinely surprised at how near to completion this game seems to be. Looks like we are getting a story trailer and 2018 release date at E3.

Osaka team always delivers.

OP
OP
Rychu

Rychu

Oct 25, 2017
Utah, USA
Star Wars is definitely happening, I have zero doubt that this is the item for the final worlds Nomura has wanted to do since FFVII.

Frozen is a given as well, no way Disney would let this game go out without having their biggest animated cash cow as a part of it.

As for Marvel, I get the feeling it's a no go. Square Enix is already doing the Avengers game, and with Big Hero 6 as a part of the game, that might be splitting the difference.
I would bet Frozen is going to be a huge E3 reveal.

Lukar

Oct 27, 2017
The world leak we got (which isn't a complete list of worlds) said we would be getting Land of Departure and I imagine Castle Oblivion would be included in that world. Plus, Sora has to wake up Ventus in there so it's practically confirmed.
Yeah, that's why I said it sort of has to be in the game lol. Just looking forward to it.

BriGuy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Goddamn am I sick of Olympus. Hercules wasn't a good enough movie to justify revisiting it so many times.

ArmsofSleep

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Washington DC
  • As previously revealed, development of the worlds are split up into three different sections. The first round of worlds are around 90% complete, the middle round of worlds are around 60-70% complete.
  • Toy Story and Monsters Inc. are in the first round of worlds, alongside Olympus. Tangled is in the middle round of worlds.
  • There are roughly 10 worlds over the 3 parts, but it is unclear if that is just Disney worlds or all of the worlds in the game.

Pretty cool I guess

• The Rare Heartless will be a giant-sized Japanese pudding themed Heartless. Co-director Tai Yasue says that there will be different fruit accessories that they wear.
  • The Giantland (Mickey and Jack and the Bean Stalk) segment will be implemented like an old LSI game. This is something that Nomura really wanted to put into Kingdom Hearts 3.

Damn is is pretty fucking lit. PUDDING HEARTLESS

You will be able to customize the Gummi Ship with accessories.

NOW THIS IS WHAT I CAME HERE FOR

Lukar

Oct 27, 2017
Goddamn am I sick of Olympus. Hercules wasn't a good enough movie to justify revisiting it so many times.
I'm kind of in the same boat, but it at least looks a lot more exciting in the footage we've seen so far.

On the bright side, at least it isn't Atlantica or Wonderland ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

OP
OP
Rychu

Rychu

Oct 25, 2017
Utah, USA
It's better in KH3. In KH1, you got Olympus Coliseum. In KH2, you got Olympus Coliseum and Underworld (basically Hell).

In KH3, Olympus is so expanded that you get Olympus Coliseum, Heaven, Mount Olympus, Underworld and City of Thebes.

OP
OP
Rychu

Rychu

Oct 25, 2017
Utah, USA
I'm kind of in the same boat, but it at least looks a lot more exciting in the footage we've seen so far.

On the bright side, at least it isn't Atlantica or Wonderland ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I personally would love to revisit Wonderland, it has so many unique crazy areas and so many things they could do, but they wasted the world on a boring fetch quest of finding items hidden throughout the world. If done right, I would love revisiting it.

Oct 31, 2017
Keeping hope alive for marvel & Star Wars :(
I just can't see it happening, Marvel and Star Wars are disney's current golden gooses and they are control freak when it comes to those franchise, just see how controlling they were on battlefront 1 and 2, they didn't even want character customization because everything needed to be perfectly faithful, can you imagine their reaction if they hear star wars themed Keyblade or star wars themed heartless? I just don't see it

Boddy

User Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I guess this is one way to stop people from building Donut-Shaped gummi-ships..

Deleted member 721

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I just can't see it happening, Marvel and Star Wars are disney's current golden gooses and they are control freak when it comes to those franchise, just see how controlling they were on battlefront 1 and 2, they didn't even want character customization because everything needed to be perfectly faithful, can you imagine their reaction if they hear star wars themed Keyblade or star wars themed heartless? I just don't see it
There's StarWars Lego i dont think Its Impossible

Zomba13

#1 Waluigi Fan! Current Status: Crying
Oct 25, 2017
I don't want to put earrings and a pretty necklace on my Gummi Ship, I want to make my own space aeroplane with lasers and missiles and spreadguns and a radar and 4 engines and a net.

:(

I like the gummi ship bits. I like building my ship and playing Star Fox :(