• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

--R

Being sued right now, please help me find a lawyer
Oct 25, 2017
y_5fe14efa01724.jpg

As every year, Famitsu asked multiple game creators on their favorite games this year. Marvel's Spider-Man was the favorite in 2018 and Death Stranding was the favorite in 2019.

The top 5 list goes:

1. Ghost of Tsushima​
  2. Animal Crossing: New Horizons​
  3. Final Fantasy VII Remake​
  4. Sakuna: Of Rice and Ruin​
  5. Fall Guys: Ultimate Knockout​
www.famitsu.com

ファミ通“超流行りゲー大賞2020”、1位は『ゴースト・オブ・ツシマ』! ゲームクリエイター&ゲーム好き著名人132人が選んだ2020年一番ハマった作品 | ゲーム・エンタメ最新情報のファミ通.com

ファミ通が毎年末にお届けしている“超流行りゲー大賞”。ゲームクリエイター&ゲーム好き著名人132人が2020年に夢中になった遊んだゲームを公開!

Chaos2Frozen

Nov 3, 2017
Damn, big congrats to Sucker Punch.

They took a gamble on something different from their usual games and it paid off in a big way.

ToddBonzalez

The Pyramids? That's nothing compared to RDR2
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Interesting. Is it rare for them to choose a western game?

That1GoodHunter

My ass legally belongs to Ted Price
Oct 17, 2019
]Bbbbut I thought SIE does not make games that appeal to Japan!

Sony games taking Famitsu's top spot, 3 years in a row?

NO, NO, NO

I was told, only a AA JRPG from Sony would be able to connect with audiences, my argument is in shambles 😭

/🤡

(If the Famitsu poll is not Japan centered, ignore this comment XD)

Last edited:

Dragoon

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
FFVII Remake was my GOTY but congrats to SP. Fantastic game, especially once the free (amazing) online content came out!!

Jawbreaker

Oct 25, 2017
New York City
Not too surprised by this. Ghost of Tsushima is a bright spot in Sony's lineup of declining/stagnant IPs in Japan. They've found some successes — not huge, of course — in Spider-Man, Horizon: Zero Dawn, and now Ghost of Tsushima. Hopefully they'll continue to create IPs that perform well in Japan, even if they never quite find their Splatoon or Ring Fit Adventure.

Bbbbut I thought SIE does not make games that appeal to Japan!

NO, NO, NO

I was told, only a AA JRPG from Sony would be able to connect with audiences, my argument is in shambles 😭

Don't do this. You're just going to derail the thread.

Last edited:

Piston

Oct 25, 2017
Bbbbut I thought SIE does not make games that appeal to Japan!

NO, NO, NO

This is an awful post.

Ghosts of Tsushima has been pointed out as a recent success by Sony in Japan, it did very well there and was well received by the public and apparently the games industry as well.

Warukyure

Banned
Feb 23, 2019
I bet Nagoshi did this! He's been campaigning hard for this game since it came out. He can't get away with it!!!

That1GoodHunter

Oct 17, 2019
Put it behind a spoiler

Now I'm just gonna dip 🏃

Congratulations SP, much deserved

illmatic22

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Super Bowl LII Champions
]Bbbbut I thought SIE does not make games that appeal to Japan!

NO, NO, NO

If it ain't a JRPG it don't count according to the First Party Thread 😏

At least these creators have good taste.

Sharpeye

Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
I just posted this in the Playstation OT, but it seems appropriate here to show just how well received the game was in Japan.
Here's something nice I came across, a Torii gate on Tsushima was recently destroyed by a typhoon and a crowdfunding campaign was launched to repair it. They've made four times their goal with about 20 and half million yen (~$200,000) raised already with a month left seemingly due to fans of Ghost of Tsushima chipping in to help. Here's a link to the story if anyone's interested.

Rozart

Oct 28, 2017
Wow! Congrats to Sucker Punch!

I wasn't interested in the game because it didn't look all that interesting but all the buzz it's been receiving is making me curious.

That1GoodHunter

Oct 17, 2019
Now keep the Japan momentum going with GoT2 and a Tokyo Infamous game, thanks in advance SP 🥰

Deleted member 1698

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Damn, big congrats to Sucker Punch.

They took a gamble on something different from their usual games and it paid off in a big way.

Was a huge evolution from an open world game with lots and lots of repetitive activities to producing an open world game with lots and lots of repetitive activities...with a different setting.

Rolling those dice.

Cactuar

Banned
Nov 30, 2018
It is very much without question the Game of the Year, so well deserved. Congrats Sucker Punch.

Zeroth

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Was a huge evolution from an open world game with lots and lots of repetitive activities to producing an open world game with lots and lots of repetitive activities...with a different setting.

Rolling those dice.
You can simplify basically any game to that. Execution is what matters, and GoT's execution was well received