• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

MBS

Oct 25, 2017
Translation's quite rough so i tried delivering the most important tidbits as clean as possible:

• - Full development started right after DMC4SE.
  • - Team set goal for 4K/60 and as much realistic presentation as possible without being too uncanny.
  • - Facial and costume scanning
  • - Everything is rendered in real-time, no CG footage
  • - Team wanted to reveal it last year, but they decided to do it so along with RE2 Remake at this E3.
  • - Game really important for team as they aim for the "highest peak action game before the end of this Heisei period".
  • - They treat "V" character's reveal as easter egg for now, new elements will be teased with each promotion.
  • - Upgradable Devil Breaker arm with "cartridges" to be found around stages (missions are back?), shop is used to buy upgrades.
  • - Nico is human "girl in the family of a gun-maker"

Full japanese interview here: https://www.famitsu.com/news/201806/14159103.html

Last edited:
Dec 2, 2017
Okabe says at one point they thought about announcing it last year. Didn't Son of Sparda say something similar in their old leak post?

Auctopus

Self-requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Have they actually confirmed whether it's 4K/60 yet or is it still a goal?

4K with DMC's usual particle effects would look real good.

Sephzilla

Herald of Stoptimus Crime
Oct 25, 2017
If you remember the Marvel vs Capcom Infinite E3 trailer from last year it was incredibly obvious that trailer was supposed to segway into a Devil May Cry V trailer

mrmickfran

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Gongaga
That V guy doesn't have a weapon in the cover art right?

Really hoping he fights primarily hand-to-hand. Give me my God Hand successor.

Aru

Oct 28, 2017
Everything in the reveal trailer is real time? No CG? For real?
Those models look insane.

Nosgoth

Oct 28, 2017
To be clearer on Nico and devil breaker cartridges, you found them on the map, and you can buy from Nico who drives the DMC van around, like the golden statues scattered across the stage from previous titles.

Also you can see the cartridges on Nero from the keyart.

Sub Boss

Banned
Nov 14, 2017
If you remember the Marvel vs Capcom Infinite E3 trailer from last year it was incredibly obvious that trailer was supposed to segway into a Devil May Cry V trailer
I think it was the VGA with the sudden Collection announcement early in the day. The other stuff seems like obvious promotion/hints

Sephzilla

Herald of Stoptimus Crime
Oct 25, 2017
I think it was the VGA with the sudden Collection announcement early in the day. The other stuff seems like obvious promotion/hints
Nah I'm thinking of the story mode trailer from E3 that ends with Rocket taking Ebony & Ivory and shooting up the screen

2 min 5 s for the timestamp if it doesn't work

Deleted member 25108

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017

You say that, but the final shot was of rocket shooting Ebony and Ivory. That wouldn't of blended well with the E3 trailer.

That said, there is every chance that they made a new trailer for E3.

OP
OP
MBS

MBS

Oct 25, 2017
That V guy doesn't have a weapon in the cover art right?

Really hoping he fights primarily hand-to-hand. Give me my God Hand successor.

Yamato-like grip can be noticed at his right mid-torso side. I just don't get why people are still in denial on this.

aARgXuX.jpg

Last edited:

Melkezadek

Oct 27, 2017
This already is the best Devil May Cry. I have never been this excited for a video game.

I wonder if all 3 characters will be available from the start.

Nosgoth

Oct 28, 2017
From the interview, they are really tight-lipped about V, won't even confirm that's a man or not, or if that's some character we already know.

On Nero's new design, Itsuno stressed two key points, showing him to be much younger than Dante, and for him to be his father Vergil's son.

nelsonroyale

Oct 28, 2017
I am super impressed by the graphics they achieved consider res and framerate. Also the real time cutscenes are really impressive. Glad to see Capcom got their act together with their tech.

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
Nice! Just saw a Reddit post sourcing this about Nico showing up mid-mission for upgrades. Was gonna go and see if anyone knew about it and what do you know? There's already a thread.

Son of Sparda

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Thanks MBS.

• - They treat "V" character's reveal as easter egg for now, new elements will be teased with each promotion.
Dear God.

We'll be doing frame by frame analyzes of each video all the way to DMC5's release, aren't we?

I LOVE IT

philstorm95

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Soo hyped for this i waited ten years and the trailer surely delivered, i bet the game will be the best action game ever made.

JumpCancel

Oct 26, 2017
Targeting 4K 60fps. If there was ever a team of developers I'd love to meet and spend hours talking about their game, Capcom Div 1 and Itsuno.

Devil Breaker cartridges hidden in the environment sound like a translation issue. perhaps you fill a guage from killing certain enemies to get the massive arm specific attacks and moves.

Interesting to hear their their target date of the Heisei periods end. I hope DMC5 is their greatest action game.

dom

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Yamato-like grip can be noticed at his right mid-torso side. I just don't get why people are still in denial on this.

aARgXuX.jpg
Except that's not a grip, it's the weapon's sheath. You don't hold a sword with the grip behind you like that.

R.T Straker

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
aARgXuX.jpg

Can we also get a quick mention on how Vergil's biceps on 1 arm is thicker then the DMCV dude's both biceps combined? He's very skinny, like even Vergil's wrist zone is still bigger and thicker then the whole arm.

V from DMCV can't be Vergil because...

- He/She holds the weapon's sheath with their right hand meaning they're left hand dominant which Vergil is not.
- His/Her arms are like way skinnier then Vergil's and the body proportions and size don't even match.
- Has dark blue/black hair.
- Has normal skin color where Vergil in DMC5 can be seen with a very pale/grey white.
- Weapon's sheath's end is way too thin to be Yamato. It looks like a Rapier sheath.

It's not him.

Slacker247

Oct 27, 2017

aARgXuX.jpg

Because it's far too thin at any which angle to be a sword like the Yamato. We don't even know if that's a guy or girl, too. Lots of speculation on this character but nothing firm.