• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Angie

Best Avatar Thread Ever!
Nov 20, 2017
Kingdom of Corona

ryokutya2089.com

『ファイナルファンタジー X-3』は実現するのか?野村哲也さん「あらすじはある」鳥山求「可能性は0ではない」 | ゲームよりどりサブカルみどりパーク

ファミ通最新号より 野村「もしX-3があるならこんな感じという野島さんが書いたあらすじがいちおうある。 willや2.5もそれに基づいて書かれた。 今は眠っているが構想自体はある」 鳥山「可能性は0ではない。まずは7リメイク制作を終わらせないとお話しできる段階ではありませんよね」 野島一成「一時期7をプレイしてゲーム業界に入った、という人と仕事をする機会があったが今はそのフェーズが移りXをプレイして業界に入った、という方々とご一緒するようになった」 HDリマスターももう10年くらい前なのか・・・。 松本まりかさんが20年後ブレイクするとは。

So you telling me there is a chance. Spira <3
8e7db34877fafdb1b5fc708bf1464b2c.gif

jiggle

Dec 23, 2017
Is this where tuna turns into jenova?

I hope theyremake X looking like that CG first

Mendrox

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
No don't. Not after that shitty inbetween novel. I love Spira, but I would rather take a remake in 10 years.

duckroll

Oct 25, 2017
Singapore
They should just make FFX-3 a mobile game with time wasting mechanics where you have to collect materials for Shinra to build his colony ship. And each stage of the ship that you succeed in completing will unlock a series of visual novel diary entries about the first colonists on Gaia.

Delaney

Oct 25, 2017
With how much they keep talking about this non-project in hopes of wishing it into existence, I expect for it to eventually be worked on in between one of the latter VII Remake episodes by the same team.

Hero_Select

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Now is this X-3 before or after Tidus dies by kicking a blitzball?

FFX didnt need a sequel.
FFX-2 was probably as best of a sequel that you could make considering how X ended.
FFX-2 doesn't need a sequel.

I love the world of Spira but.. no guys.. just let it go.

Seiez

Oct 29, 2017
Please... just kill it as long as it still doesn't have the ability to move.
Square please stop hurting me retroactively by revisiting my childhood

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Please just stop before it's too late SE, you've tarnished the legacy of FFX enough already.

Zeal543

Next Level Seer
May 15, 2020
05904cbf16465931e787be84a78e021f0f903a9cc0da78732d3855f2be847c14.jpg

Please god no have you not defiled X enough with X-2 and that audio drama? I was hoping FF7R would quarantine these motherfuckers.

silva1991

Oct 26, 2017
Why would anyone want a third game after X-2 is beyond me. Unless it's gonna have X or X-2 turn based combat, but we all know it's not gonna happen.

plow

Oct 28, 2017
I'd be way happier with a prequel, honestly.

I thought about that. But knowing that everything you do will result into nothing cause Sin will come back makes it a little bit of a time wasting adventure.

Now, making a Pre-Sin Prequel ( sorry if you meant that ) would be a nice idea.

Oct 28, 2017
You know what, fuck it, I want to see this shitstorm live. Give me your worst, I want to see how deep a hole they can dig.

badcrumble

Oct 25, 2017
I thought about that. But knowing that everything you do will result into nothing cause Sin will come back makes it a little bit of a time wasting adventure.

Now, making a Pre-Sin Prequel ( sorry if you meant that ) would be a nice idea.
Nah, I meant Auron/Braska/Jecht.

But I disagree that knowing the outcome makes the story boring; FF7 Crisis Core, Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep, Metal Gear Solid 3, and Red Dead Redemption 2 are all basically tragic prequels, and the story format works quite well for games IMO.

seroun

Oct 25, 2018
Don't you FUCKING dare Nojima to write something like that fucking novel. DON'T YOU DARE.

Okabe

Is Sometimes A Good Bean
Aug 24, 2018
Been in the talks for years

is it time? Finally? yes ?!

Dreamboum

Oct 28, 2017
I see no issue with this if CBU1 wants to spend 15 years doing remakes and sequels. As long as other teams inside Square are in charge of new mainline games, I see this as an absolute win. They had their time.

Nov 1, 2017
No. Please god no. No more FFX stuff. Move on. I finally played X-2 recently after playing FFX back on the PS2. I hated it. Incoherent mess of a game with terrible writing and awful characters. It's like if you asked a bunch of men who's only exposure to what women are like is the Spice Girls and got them to write a game with female characters. I'm honestly shocked that seemingly at no point did Yuna actually jump into the air shouting "Yay! GIRL POWER!", i mean they might as well have done cause that's the vibe they were going for. Why was Yuna almost a different character? Why did Brother spend the entirety of the game trying to fuck Yuna? Why was Paine (that fucking name!) even there? Why were there multiple jokes about Wakka getting fat when his character model is the exact same fucking 6 pack ripped model from FFX? Never mind that, why the fuck did they make Lulu pregnant and not even change her character model?! I could write a whole thesis on just how absolutely stupid every aspect of FFX-2 is plotwise.

I actually thought the battle system could have been a big improvement except for the fact that job switching is a tedious nightmare forcing you to sit through mostly the same kind of animation each time and yes i know there is an option to skip the animations in the options. Except the game still forces you to watch the job switch animation at least once for every single slight variation of job switching because god forbid you let the player play the damn game as opposed to forcing them to watch their painstakingly animated fashion show. But even if the game mechanics are mostly sound the difficulty is a trainwreck. I spent time in the game doing sidequests and unlocking jobs and, you know, engaging in the content and as a result 99% of the game was insultingly easy. And then out of nowhere i reached what i now know to be the last mission/endgame area and the bosses destroy me in what is by far the most obnoxious difficulty spike i have ever witnessed in a game, bar none. I normally like the see a game through to its conclusion but that's the point where the game's shittiness overpowered the sunk cost fallacy of me playing that piece of garbage.

The final insult was that when i looked up the game plot to see what i missed i found out that the entire thing was bollocks. The antagonist looking like Tidus is some red herring bullshit that goes nowhere and there was basically nothing connecting X and X-2 other than the setup of Yuna looking for Tidus. If you are some sort of masochist carefully reading a guide to try and get the otherwise totally unfeasible 100% then you get some out of nowhere "payoff" that is just the epitome of "Fuck it, that'll do".

Zelda - Majora's Mask is basically the game you want when you're doing what is essentially a quick asset recycling sequel. FFX-2 is what happens when you get it horribly wrong. FFX wrapped up the story in about as satisfactory a way a Final Fantasy game can. Leave it alone.

Last edited: