• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Atheerios

Oct 27, 2017
So Famitsu just confirmed another aspect that a lot of people have speculated about.

jGMjfVg.jpg

The footnote basically states that Dynamax is the new feature and both Mega Evolutions and Z-Move won't appear.

This is just a small update but a lot of people cared about Megas so I think it deserved its own thread.

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
Okay so Z-moves, fine whatever. Baddy Bad won't appear in SS either who cares.

Mega Evolution is some bullshit. I really love some of those designs. Sableye you were too pure for this world.

King Alamat

Nov 22, 2017
There isn't anything that will prevent me from preordering Sword. However, I can say that ditching Megas for this stupid kaiju gimmick is fucking bullshit.

Het_Nkik

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Ah yeah, the director said this during one of the Treehouse Live segments as well.

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
Oh but you can bet your ass Charizard will get something new since the champion has it.

pouring one out for mega banette, aggron, Sceptile.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Can't I'll miss them, especially Megas

We'll see about the new gimmick, but it being restricted to gyms and raid battles, as well as being accessible for all Pokemon sounds more appealing anyhow.

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
:(

They could have just ban them from competitive play, why are people cheering for getting less

Macca

Oct 25, 2017
Was never really fond of either concept, but it's a shame GameFreak keeps removing features and Pokémon from the games.

Serif

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Wish they never started with the 'new gimmick per generation' since Gen 6, even though I liked Megas and Z-moves, it feels like they're limiting and only making the most out of these new additions to just the generation they appeared in. Even Gen 7's Pokedex entries paint Mega Evolutions as cruel and painful for Pokemon, which felt ridiculous since Gen 6 was all about how it came from a trainer-Pokemon bond.

I don't dislike Dynamax but I don't understand why Sword/Shield 'needs' it, additions like the Wild Area and just the idea of a full HD console Pokemon seem like enough draws. I don't know.

criteriondog

I like the chili style
Oct 26, 2017
Megas always felts gimmicky. Never played Sun or Moon, so I don't know much about Z-moves.

blamite

Oct 27, 2017
Understandable, makes sense. Battle gimmicks in the last few gens have very clearly been designed in a way where they could be easily removed if need be. Dynamax is set up exactly the same way. Don't expect it to return again if Game Freak thinks it's not doing what they wanted.

Kirbivore

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Like the worst part is that it's hard to get excited because it means we lost potential new pokemon for gimmick the 3 years that will just fuck off into space. What a waste of everyone's time.

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
I hope everyone cheering this on gets has all their faves not included in Sword and Shield. You will know suffering as I have lmao

My poor Ampharos from BW2, I gotta shave you buddy. If you even get in...

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
Gamefreak must be run by some of the dumbest motherfuckers in the world that are in charge of a massive media franchise.

Bold of you to assume that Blaziken would be in the game to begin with.

If he's not in the game... Well, I'm already pretty sure I won't get it, but I'll 100% not get it if he's not in it.

Toxi

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
This shows just how fucking little Pokemon's battle system has changed in over a decade when you can easily strip out the core gimmicks of 2 entire generations.

Dynamax looks like it has even less staying power.

Wetwork

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Colorado
I was so excited for Sword with that direct; but now. I'm just probably going to pass. I don't know how they're making wrong moves, aside from the fact they're gamefreak