• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
EDIT: check threadmarks for more images.

Screenshots from Famitsu

fVk5gxv.png

NQBzcCf.png

For comparison, here's the original Opera House:

unknown.png

fuckign wild. I wonder how much of the game got that treatment. I can't imagine it's much. We already got a screenshot of Biggs and Wedge near Narshe, and it was the same perspective. Here, for the Opera House, it's straight-up Octopath Traveler.

Last edited:

EntelechyFuff

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Nov 19, 2019
The Narshe walk screenshot is blowing my mind. It's "exactly" the same, but also phenomenally better looking.

The pixel remaster team is killing it.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Not sure VI needed the 2.5D perspective, especially because the opera house scene literally grades you on how well you hit your marks and depth is always kind of finicky in 2.5D but ok.

signal

Oct 28, 2017
I actually dislike the look of these. The first is okay but the Octopathish or 'voxely' or whatever look of the Opera House isn't that nice imo.

Calamari41

Oct 25, 2017
This is almost to the level of an HD-2D or whatever remake. Hard to be sure with the potato cam but it looks great. My interest went from 0 to 10.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I actually dislike the look of these. The first is okay but the Octopathish or 'voxely' or whatever look of the Opera House isn't that nice imo.

Agreed. I don't know why people are so attracted to crunchy, voxel-heavy 3D environments. They don't actually look that much better, especially when you have a straight-up SNES sprite standing in the middle of one.

Ovvv

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Jan 11, 2019
This is fucking phenomenal

Richardbro

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
HOLY SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHIT! This might be my most hyped game ever. Please Squeenix I need a date now please.

Calamari41

Oct 25, 2017
I haven't been following these. Do we know if they're going to fix the many significant bugs in the game? Or have they just been retouching the graphics?

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I haven't been following these. Do we know if they're going to fix the many significant bugs in the game? Or have they just been retouching the graphics?

Virtually every release post-PS1 has fixed things like the M-Evade bug, etc.

I imagine they'll keep certain things like Vanish/X-Zone in, but most of the bugs have been ironed out by now in virtually every port VI got after the original PS1 port.

Zomba13

#1 Waluigi Fan! Current Status: Crying
Oct 25, 2017
That opera shot. No. Don't give me hope. Why would it have a 2.5D angle? Why would it look almost 2DHD? We've seen other stuff from it right? Like, it's still the same as the others. They wouldn't make 6 2DHD. Why just for that bit

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
The Narshe walk looks great, not sure if I like seeing so much of the castle in the opera. The smaller focus in the original might suit the scene better.

Synohan

Oct 25, 2017
Is this probably the octopath engine? Both shots definitely look straight out of it.

Emerald

Oct 25, 2017
That opera house background reminds me of some kind of promotional material you'd see in a magazine for an N64 game lol.

Calamari41

Oct 25, 2017
Virtually every release post-PS1 has fixed things like the M-Evade bug, etc.

I imagine they'll keep certain things like Vanish/X-Zone in, but most of the bugs have been ironed out by now in virtually every port VI got after the original PS1 port.

That's great, thank you for the info. I haven't played it anywhere other than SNES and the SNES Mini, so I had no clue they've already ironed it out.