• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

tiebreaker

Oct 25, 2017
Seems solid for VC4 and NNK2, better than previous releases.

Yeah, it's Famitsu, but previews have been good too.

Vishmarx

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
both rpg's outscoring their predecessors ,(even though famitsu scores mostly mean jack shit). good stuff. it may not be an accurately reliable score but at least we can infer theyre good in the same way the last ones were.

Egida

Oct 27, 2017
And the struggle to decide which one should I get first continues.

PS: Why isn't VC4 listed on Amazon?

silva1991

Oct 26, 2017
Their reviews are worthless as usual, but I'm expecting NNK2 to get higher scores everywhere too.

NNK2 high 80s
VC4 low 80s

fiendcode

Oct 26, 2017
Since some seem to be missing it and think NNK2 and VC4 are topping previous entries:

Ni No Kuni: Dominion of the Dark Djiin (DS) 10 / 9 / 9 / 10
Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch (PS3) 8 / 9 / 10 / 9
Ni No Kuni II: Revenant Kingdom (PS4) 10 / 10 / 9 / 9

Valkyria Chronicles (PS3) 8 / 8 / 9 / 9
Valkyria Chronicles II (PSP) 9 / 9 / 9 / 8
Valkyria Chronicles 3 (PSP) 9 / 9 / 9 / 9
Valkyria Chronicles 4 (PS4) 9 / 9 / 9 / 8

signal

Oct 28, 2017

While that one example of the Famitsu guy appearing in the ad is suspect, some of the article's points are laughable:
Some would say that Famitsu has sold its soul long, long ago. The publication always has exclusives and game reveals before anyone else, arousing the suspicions of some. Then again, it can be argued that since Famitsu is the most influential game publication in Japan, it would naturally have these exclusives, as publishers would be keen to get their games to the largest audience possible!

A gaming publication getting exclusives and reveals before others should arouse suspicion, huh. Well, I agree, but be sure to keep that same energy with every other review outlet.

tolkir

Oct 25, 2017
VC4 has same score than Sonic Forces. SEGA check isn't enough to get a better score.

Skeleton

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
While that one example of the Famitsu guy appearing in the ad is suspect, some of the article's points are laughable:

A gaming publication getting exclusives and reveals before others should arouse suspicion, huh. Well, I agree, but be sure to keep that same energy with every other review outlet.

Yeah I do, I genuinely look at reviews as seeing if there are glitches or a game is broken, other than that I will just buy and make my own assumptions from that.

abrasivemurk

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
All scores are meaningless. If you give Gran Turismo a 10/10, is it now better than Baldur's Gate? The Nintendogs joke stopped being funny after the first time it was made, tbh.
Yeah Dark Souls II has higher(92) metacritic than Dark Souls I(89) which is a much better game. Review scores are generally not worth comparing.

Keldroc

Oct 27, 2017
All scores are meaningless. If you give Gran Turismo a 10/10, is it now better than Baldur's Gate? The Nintendogs joke stopped being funny after the first time it was made, tbh.

The Nintendogs score was a joke the instant they printed it.

I remember back when Famitsu was basically holy scripture in the early '90s, then Vic Ireland started translating the capsule reviews on USENET each month and the stuff the reviewers said about the games was the most vapid, "book report on a book I barely read" nonsense you could imagine. So much disillusionment in one newsgroup all at once was something to see.

Rushoff

Oct 28, 2017
If you rate chicken breast with a score of 10 and then an apple pie with 8, does it mean that in the end the first one is better? In the end what is more important are the aggregates reviews + you should rather compare games of the same genre, not totally different.

Deleted member 2791

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Review scores from Famitsu aren't meaningless because of Nintendogs, they're meaningless because the people reviewing those games only play a handful of hours of each games and their review are literally as long as a single tweet.

RalchAC

Oct 27, 2017
A bunch of games that are not as good as Nintendogs.

It's hard to top Nintendogs, the game that allowed poor kids that couldn't have pets at home to simmulate the experience of being a pet owner.

Including the fact that the novelty of having a pet wears off after a couple of months and you stop taking care of him. Sadly, your parent isn't going to take your DS for a walk in your stead.

RyoonZ

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I trust Famitsu review score. Their score generally matched with my enjoyment of the game. Also Famitsu President is very insightful of games industry, so I trust their publication a lot.