• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

AdaWong

Nov 1, 2017
Raccoon City
FrgxPKuWAAAGsdz

Only the Top 4 got +1K points
#1: Leon S. Kennedy (2637 pts)
#2: Jill Valentine (1675 pts)
#3: Chris Redfield (1530 pts)

#4: Ada Wong (1019 pts)

Below 1K pts:
#5: Claire Redfield (858 pts)
#6: Albert Wesker (731 pts)
#7: Ethan Winters (721 pts)
#8: Rebecca Chambers (377)
#9: Piers Nivans (355 pts)
#10: HUNK (330 pts)

Interesting notes:

• Leon (1st) and Jill (2nd) have a whopping 1K points difference!
  • Only Leon, Jill, Chris and Ada managed to score over 1K points
  • Claire is not that popular in Japan it seems (only 858 pts)
  • Albert Wesker fell off hard lol, he's usually in the Top 5 for popularity rankings
  • Ethan Winters was very close to overtake Wesker (only 10 pts diff)
  • Piers Nivans is so popular in Japan he might overtake Rebecca Chambers soon (with only 22 pts difference)
  • Piers Nivans and Ethan Winters are the only characters in the TOP 10 to debut outside of RE1 and RE2 (RE6 and RE7, respectively!)

-Le Monde-

Avenger
Dec 8, 2017
Leon landslide. As expected.
Shame about Claire. Lol Wesker.
Also nice to see some Ethan love.

Vaern

Jan 9, 2023
Color me SHOCKED at #1.

Legit surprised though seeing Ethan just barely losing to Wesker.

Aurc

Oct 28, 2017
Chris is my personal favorite, but any RE fan knows that Leon and Jill are always the top two, popularity-wise. The gap between Jill and Chris is small, but Leon dwarfs both, lmao.

Piers being that high up is amazing. Love him.

addik

Oct 28, 2017
Ok, RE team this is your sign to have RE9 star Jill Valentine (instead of another Chris cameo)

Aurc

Oct 28, 2017
Wow, Ada doesn't have her own game (yet) does she? Looks like her time is coming!
I think it's because she's fairly one-dimensional, and lacks meaningful relationships to others, simply by nature of the type of character she is. Since her debut, they've done little with Ada besides have her star opposite Leon, in the usual "Will they? Won't they?" storylines. The Carla and Simmons stuff in RE6 was particularly dreadful, and that's her most significant storyline.

I'd love it if Ada got her own game, and they gave her some much needed depth.

Grisby

Oct 29, 2017
Feel like the top five was similar to a poll done here a few years ago, but Jill was in first.

yap

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
It's notoriously known on Twitter how every 3rd party (DBD, mobile games, movies, etc) collab with CAPCOM they always utilize Ada's popularity except for CAPCOM themselves, I guess they hate money lol
They've been doing this with Jill and even Claire too, who only get the occasional spotlight. Compare that to Chris and Leon, who have multiple starring roles and whole ass movies dedicated to them. I don't know why they're so weird with their popular women characters.

People were hyped as fuck to play Jill in DBD.

PAFenix

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 21, 2019
I guess I'll accept Jill in 2nd with Leon being in 1st...... Would like to see her more though.

Deleted member 3208

Oct 25, 2017
Disappointed Claire isn't in the top five.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
I will never understand the love for Claire.

Aside from that, looks about right to me.

Lowblood

Oct 30, 2017
Yeah, considering how long Wesker's been on the shelf, it's almost surprising he's still that high. And gotta love HUNK still hanging around despite not ever really doing much of anything, lol.

There's probably potential for an Ada-focused game featuring Wesker and HUNK that takes place around RE4's timeframe. Revelaitons 3, baby!

Jake fans in the mud

Jake? Who's Jake? Sounds like the kind of character who would get a huge focus and have ties to series lore, and possibly even a post-credits sequence teasing future developments, then get unceremoniously dropped and ignored. We have Billy Coen at home.

Bansai

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 28, 2017
Jake snubbed.

Wesker needs to come back, people are starting to forget him if Ethan Whatevers is closing in.

Ashes of Dreams

Unshakable Resolve
May 22, 2020
Ok, RE team this is your sign to have RE9 star Jill Valentine (instead of another Chris cameo)
Don't worry, now that they've established she doesn't age they can use her again in future storylines so people don't have to worry about seeing a woman that looks older than 20 in a video game.