• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

-JD-

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I mean, he was cool enough with taking a photo. Guess that's not good enough nowadays. To twitter we go!

lucebuce

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Pakistan
I saw Rami Malek at a grocery store in Los Angeles yesterday. I told him how cool it was to meet him in person, but I didn't want to be a douche and bother him and ask him for photos or anything.
He said, "Oh, like you're doing now?"

I was taken aback, and all I could say was "Huh?" but he kept cutting me off and going "huh? huh? huh?" and closing his hand shut in front of my face. I walked away and continued with my shopping, and I heard him chuckle as I walked off. When I came to pay for my stuff up front I saw him trying to walk out the doors with like fifteen Milky Ways in his hands without paying.

The girl at the counter was very nice about it and professional, and was like "Sir, you need to pay for those first." At first he kept pretending to be tired and not hear her, but eventually turned back around and brought them to the counter.

When she took one of the bars and started scanning it multiple times, he stopped her and told her to scan them each individually "to prevent any electrical 'infetterence'," and then turned around and winked at me. I don't even think that's a word. After she scanned each bar and put them in a bag and started to say the price, he kept interrupting her by yawning really loudly.

Rapscallion

Oct 25, 2017
A video is never just a mistake.It represents something bigger. An error of thinking that makes you who you are.

Soundscream

Nov 2, 2017
I mean how much time to you expect him to give? A photo is 123 but she could ask him to say hello to a bunch of her freinds.

Deleted member 2779

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Look at the rest of their tweets for a decent Call Me by Your Name meme.

edit: Are we really scrutinising that caption zzz

Heroin Cat

Oct 27, 2017
New Zealand
I saw Rami Malek at a grocery store in Los Angeles yesterday. I told him how cool it was to meet him in person, but I didn't want to be a douche and bother him and ask him for photos or anything.

I was taken aback, and all I could say was "Huh?" but he kept cutting me off and going "huh? huh? huh?" and closing his hand shut in front of my face. I walked away and continued with my shopping, and I heard him chuckle as I walked off. When I came to pay for my stuff up front I saw him trying to walk out the doors with like fifteen Milky Ways in his hands without paying.

The girl at the counter was very nice about it and professional, and was like "Sir, you need to pay for those first." At first he kept pretending to be tired and not hear her, but eventually turned back around and brought them to the counter.

When she took one of the bars and started scanning it multiple times, he stopped her and told her to scan them each individually "to prevent any electrical 'infetterence'," and then turned around and winked at me. I don't even think that's a word. After she scanned each bar and put them in a bag and started to say the price, he kept interrupting her by yawning really loudly.

That was fast. And exactly what I wanted.

Sinder

Banned
Jul 24, 2018
In the amount of time it took him to say no he could have said hi to whoever it was.

darz1

Dec 18, 2017
This is the most embarrassing thing to happen to me, now let me post it for the whole world to see

rude

Oct 25, 2017
Seems like a pretentious asshole. He literally could've just said hi for like 3 seconds and been on his way. I won't be supporting anything this guy does in the future.

tuxfool

Oct 25, 2017
She was embarrased by that, then she should be even more embarrased at posting that publicly.

overcast

Oct 25, 2017
He seems like he's in a bad mood but also he agreed to take a picture which is a decent thing to do.

Namtab

Oct 27, 2017

The Driver

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Damn this some weapons grade cringe. He slapped her dreams so hard she apologized on the spot lmao.
Seems like a pretentious asshole. He literally could've just said hi for like 3 seconds and been on his way. I won't be supporting anything this guy does in the future.
ily rude, plz notice me

Deleted member 4372

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

I had no idea this is a copy pasta or whatever. I read a Tom Cruise version of this first, and I believed it lol

Playco Armboy

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
It's not literally 3 seconds though lol. A fan stopping him for a pic and a few words would probably take at least a minute, and a celebrity trying to rush it would be seen as callous.

That's like 30 seconds at best. 10 to exchange pleasantries and 5 to take the selfie, so 15. And Rami Malek seriously isn't big enough an actor to be noticed every one or two blocks, let alone have people sidle up to him to take selfies or engage.

So yeah.

toastyToast

Oct 26, 2017
Oh shit!

Good for him. At least after a pic they can say thanks and that's it. What the hell do you do after a video? What do you say during a video for that matter?

That's too much, man.

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
That's like 30 seconds at best. 10 to exchange pleasantries and 5 to take the selfie, so 15. And Rami Malek seriously isn't big enough an actor to be noticed every one or two blocks, let alone have people sidle up to him to take selfies or engage.

So yeah.

Let's judge people for how they don't want to waste time on total strangers who only want to put a phone in your face for likes on IG or Twitter.

Deleted member 16657

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

So yeah.

Even if the total amount of times getting stopped adds up to a paltry 5 minutes, given 30 sec stops that's 10 people stopping you. That would get tiring for anyone real fucking fast.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
People aren't always in sociable moods, as a human being you will know this, so expecting actors to always be in the right frame of mind to stop and follow commands when called to is absolutely ridiculous.

You must be joking?

Oct 27, 2017
The celebrity defense force on this forum is hilarious.
vVkoPPU.gif

rude

Oct 25, 2017
I'm HOWLING at people defending this behavior. Stop suckling at the teat of the rich. His time isn't THAT important. I don't even know who tf this guy is, yet he has the g a l l to be acting uppity and turning his nose up after being asked a simple request?

#wastehistime2019

Playco Armboy

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Yup. Leave them be and just watch from afar or something. It's not a convention and the person is not working but going about their own business. They don't owe a random passerby videos, photos or even a smile.

Let's judge people for how they don't want to waste time on total strangers who only want to put a phone in your face for likes on IG or Twitter.

Even if the total amount of times getting stopped adds up to a paltry 5 minutes, given 30 sec stops that's 10 people stopping you. That would get tiring for anyone real fucking fast.

Keep in mind, I'm not saying I'm entitled to a selfie or video. But if I'm a huge fan of them, there's no way I'm not at least trying for a pic lmao

subpar spatula

Refuses to Wash his Ass
Oct 26, 2017
Rami is a good person. He is also a better person than all of us. While we argue min-maxing interactions over the course of some city blocks, Rami is making money and getting laid. Enjoy your early AM fights.

Hops

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Madrid, Spain.
I'm HOWLING at people defending this behavior. Stop suckling at the teat of the rich. His time isn't THAT important. I don't even know who tf this guy is, yet he has the g a u l to be acting uppity and turning his nose up after being asked a simple request?

#wastehistime2019

It is not about him being an actor. I wouldn't bother anyone on the street. It's about treating them like a regular person walking on the street.

Jombie

Oct 27, 2017
I think it's kind of rude to ask a celebrity for a video and then post the denial on the internet, so said celebrity that spurned you can be unfairly raked publicly over the coals.