• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

ZeoVGM

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
He probably thought she was just taking a picture and would need to do something else after.

That being said, I dunno, "What's your friends name?" "Sarah." "Hi Sarah!" feels like it wouldn't take too much extra time.

I don't think he was really being a dick though.

Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
i saw @enemyfilm at a grocery store in new york yesterday. i told her how cool it was to meet her in person, but i didn't want to be a douche and bother her and ask her for photos or anything.
she said, "oh, like you're doing now?"

i was taken aback, and all i could say was "huh?" but she kept cutting me off and going "huh? huh? huh?" and closing her hand shut in front of my face. i walked away and continued with my shopping, and i heard her chuckle as i walked off. When i came to pay for my stuff up front i saw her trying to walk out the doors with like fifteen Milky Ways in her hands without paying.

the girl at the counter was very nice about it and professional, and was like "m'am, you need to pay for those first." At first she kept pretending to be tired and not hear her, but eventually turned back around and brought them to the counter.

when she took one of the bars and started scanning it multiple times, she stopped her and told her to scan them each individually "to prevent any electrical 'infetterence'," and then turned around and winked at me. i don't even think that's a word. after she scanned each bar and put them in a bag and started to say the price, she kept interrupting her by yawning really loudly.

Cream Stout

Oct 28, 2017
i saw @enemyfilm at a grocery store in new york yesterday. i told her how cool it was to meet her in person, but i didn't want to be a douche and bother her and ask her for photos or anything.

i was taken aback, and all i could say was "huh?" but she kept cutting me off and going "huh? huh? huh?" and closing her hand shut in front of my face. i walked away and continued with my shopping, and i heard her chuckle as i walked off. When i came to pay for my stuff up front i saw her trying to walk out the doors with like fifteen Milky Ways in her hands without paying.

the girl at the counter was very nice about it and professional, and was like "m'am, you need to pay for those first." At first she kept pretending to be tired and not hear her, but eventually turned back around and brought them to the counter.

when she took one of the bars and started scanning it multiple times, she stopped her and told her to scan them each individually "to prevent any electrical 'infetterence'," and then turned around and winked at me. i don't even think that's a word. after she scanned each bar and put them in a bag and started to say the price, she kept interrupting her by yawning really loudly.

ur 4 pages late

The Climaxan

Oct 27, 2017
NC-USA
I have a friend who works on Mr. Robot. He says that Rami Malek was very personable and friendly on set but very private off. Which to me seems very reasonable to me. There are plenty of celebrities who want the attention, go bother them instead. These people aren't zoo animals.

Ocean Bones

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017

Lol

ahoyhoy

Oct 25, 2017
I was expecting so much more. The video is nothing. Everyone involved is polite and calm and this seems like the biggest nothing to ever nothing.

Nov 13, 2017
I have trouble relating to the way some of you guys think on here. The comments in defense of Rami and sh*tting on this kid are just so whack.

Puddington

Nov 2, 2017
giphy.gif

I like that this thread went so wild that everyone missed... whatever this is.

It's a reference to TV show he's in.

devenger

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
I know I'm in the minority, but I dont get autographs or pics. I remember those encounters and don't need to prove it.

I met the Flaming Lips at the New Orleans airport. I started with an apology, said they were one of my favorite bands, and thanked them for the music. Once they realized I wasn't going to ask them for anything, they warmed up a lot and were super cool. I spent maybe three minutes with them and made a quick exit.

Euler

Oct 27, 2017
I'm HOWLING at people defending this behavior. Stop suckling at the teat of the rich. His time isn't THAT important. I don't even know who tf this guy is, yet he has the g a l l to be acting uppity and turning his nose up after being asked a simple request?

#wastehistime2019
Maybe people shouldn't act so entitled of other people's time.

Metaroo

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I saw Rami Malek at a grocery store in Los Angeles yesterday. I told him how cool it was to meet him in person, but I didn't want to be a douche and bother him and ask him for photos or anything.
He said, "Oh, like you're doing now?"

I was taken aback, and all I could say was "Huh?" but he kept cutting me off and going "huh? huh? huh?" and closing his hand shut in front of my face. I walked away and continued with my shopping, and I heard him chuckle as I walked off. When I came to pay for my stuff up front I saw him trying to walk out the doors with like fifteen Milky Ways in his hands without paying.

The girl at the counter was very nice about it and professional, and was like "Sir, you need to pay for those first." At first he kept pretending to be tired and not hear her, but eventually turned back around and brought them to the counter.

When she took one of the bars and started scanning it multiple times, he stopped her and told her to scan them each individually "to prevent any electrical 'infetterence'," and then turned around and winked at me. I don't even think that's a word. After she scanned each bar and put them in a bag and started to say the price, he kept interrupting her by yawning really loudly.

Rami Malek and Hbox really douching it up ...

Siggy-P

Avenger
Mar 18, 2018
Not really sure what the issue is.

He seemed happy to take the picture but not the video. She took the video without asking and he didn't have a go, he even said "is that alright?".

AgonyRon

Nov 27, 2017
Now place yourself in Malek and it's easy to see why this happened. It would be nice if people stop acting like being honost is embarrassing or bad.

TheBeardedOne

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Derry
He offered to let her take a picture with him, and did. There's nothing wrong with that.

When she ended up recording him, he was still nice.

m43lstr0m

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Stop treating celebs out on the street trying to live their lives as if they are in a Donald Duck outfit at Disneyland. It's not their job to entertain you and keep stopping for fans. He could have been going on a walk to clear his head and had a lot on his mind. It's offensive this girl had to make a big deal about it on social media.

TheBeardedOne

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Derry
Stop treating celebs out on the street trying to live their lives as if they are in a Donald Duck outfit at Disneyland. It's not their job to entertain you and keep stopping for fans. He could have been going on a walk to clear his head and had a lot on his mind. It's offensive this girl had to make a big deal about it on social media.

Agreed

LooneyLMD

Oct 25, 2017
Long Island, NY
Celebrities don't owe you anything.

That said, I'm aware that one taking a few minutes of his/her time could mean the world to someone that would cherish it for the rest of their lives.

Extra Sauce

Oct 27, 2017
I'm HOWLING at people defending this behavior. Stop suckling at the teat of the rich. His time isn't THAT important. I don't even know who tf this guy is, yet he has the g a l l to be acting uppity and turning his nose up after being asked a simple request?

#wastehistime2019

If I ask Angelina Jolie to say hi to my friends on video and she refuses, will you remove your avatar of her?

Biske

Nov 11, 2017
You know who is cool with fans? Lana Del Ray. Just watch any of her fan videos, woman is a delight and a treasure

SephiZack

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I'm not big into celebrity stuff but I would have no hard feelings if I asked one for a picture/autograph/video and they said no. They likely get hundreds of requests per day and it gets tiring.

From the video it looks like it's evening/night, so it might have been a long day and he's tired. There are thousands of things that could have happened that you can't judge by a 10-seconds video, but it looks like some people are really quick to jump to conclusions.

bill crystals

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I can never understand how people don't feel like massive privacy invading/entitled assholes when asking someone for a photo like that. Like way to make it all about you and getting a photo for your Twitter or whatever.

Skippy

Alt-Account
Oct 8, 2018
If you just randomly encounter a celeb on the street I think its can be quite rude asking for a picture.

yado

Oct 25, 2017

"offensive" lol
You're making a bigger deal of it than she did.

Deleted member 6263

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Seems like a reasonable response on his end. Dude doesn't owe anybody anything and was willing to take a picture with the lady, which is more than most celebrities would do.

fanboi

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
Someone post a thread about a celebrity don't want to be in a video.

Then someone post something related to Karl Marx and Capatalism.

What.

JK-Money

Attempt to circumvent a ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I saw Rami Malek at a grocery store in Los Angeles yesterday. I told him how cool it was to meet him in person, but I didn't want to be a douche and bother him and ask him for photos or anything.
He said, "Oh, like you're doing now?"

I was taken aback, and all I could say was "Huh?" but he kept cutting me off and going "huh? huh? huh?" and closing his hand shut in front of my face. I walked away and continued with my shopping, and I heard him chuckle as I walked off. When I came to pay for my stuff up front I saw him trying to walk out the doors with like fifteen Milky Ways in his hands without paying.

The girl at the counter was very nice about it and professional, and was like "Sir, you need to pay for those first." At first he kept pretending to be tired and not hear her, but eventually turned back around and brought them to the counter.

When she took one of the bars and started scanning it multiple times, he stopped her and told her to scan them each individually "to prevent any electrical 'infetterence'," and then turned around and winked at me. I don't even think that's a word. After she scanned each bar and put them in a bag and started to say the price, he kept interrupting her by yawning really loudly.
I see this posted all the time, what is this referencing lol

BumbaT BrowN

Oct 27, 2017
She is so embarrassed that she had to tell the whole world about it? No she's just excited to have met the guy that the embarrassment was worth making it public.

The reasons as to why she wants to make her experiences public are another subject and probably not something to judge her for.

Whats more dangerous is the faux outrage from both sides of the camps...