• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

NateDog

Jan 8, 2018
While I want to play this I don't think I really have the time, especially since I'm just getting through FFX for the first time right now and that'll probably take a few months with the speed I progress at. Hoping someone might just upload the cutscenes to YT, most videos I've seen are either recaps or the entire game.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
I know this is a hell of a bump, but I wasn't sure where else to ask about it. Really sorry if this isn't okay.

I downloaded this over the weekend, but found myself unable to actually... well, play it. It starts up and goes to the title screen, but none of my keys and none of the buttons on my Xbox One controller do anything. If I alt-tab out and back in, it goes to some kind of playable environment where I have a playable avatar and there are NPCs (enemies?) walking around, but I'm still unable to do anything. Moving my mouse in a specific way somehow gets my character to move, but it's unreliable and I don't get it.

Anyone have any idea what the problem might be? All I did was download the files from the game's rpgmaker.net page. Didn't download anything else that may be needed that I'm unaware of.

Starlatine

533.489 paid youtubers cant be wrong
Oct 28, 2017
Rpg maker 2003? Wonder why he didnt use a newer version?

before MV wasnt 2003 the only with an easy out-of-box side battle "engine" (dunno how to properly call it)? and it seems its from 2017 so it was probably started and done before MV and maybe even VX were a thing

aaaaaaaaand i just noticed this thread was bumped by one year. goddamnit lukar

Bradford

terminus est
Aug 12, 2018
I played this remake recently and unfortunately I found it to be a pretty poor showing. Full of grammar and spelling mistakes and cuts down on the character class choices from the original.

I was excited when I heard about it but... It's not really a good port, even for a fan work.

Like I said, wasn't sure where else to ask. Sorry. :(

I think you need to use a keyboard -- arrow keys and zxc should be the controls.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
I played this remake recently and unfortunately I found it to be a pretty poor showing. Full of grammar and spelling mistakes and cuts down on the character class choices from the original.

I was excited when I heard about it but... It's not really a good port, even for a fan work.

I think you need to use a keyboard -- arrow keys and zxc should be the controls.
I tried my keyboard, but couldn't figure the controls out. I thought I tried pressing every key and nothing did anything on the title screen, but I'll give it another go later.

OP
OP
DiipuSurotu

DiipuSurotu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I know this is a hell of a bump, but I wasn't sure where else to ask about it. Really sorry if this isn't okay.

I downloaded this over the weekend, but found myself unable to actually... well, play it. It starts up and goes to the title screen, but none of my keys and none of the buttons on my Xbox One controller do anything. If I alt-tab out and back in, it goes to some kind of playable environment where I have a playable avatar and there are NPCs (enemies?) walking around, but I'm still unable to do anything. Moving my mouse in a specific way somehow gets my character to move, but it's unreliable and I don't get it.

Anyone have any idea what the problem might be? All I did was download the files from the game's rpgmaker.net page. Didn't download anything else that may be needed that I'm unaware of.
I'm not sure if RPG Maker 2003 are even compatible with Windows 10 anymore :/