• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Sargerus

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Viking Expansion is up there with the settings i really want in AC, alongside Feudal Japan and WW1/WW2

Artdayne

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
The boat exploration would certainly lend itself to it. I personally want to see it go back to the middle ages, the only game set in the middle ages was AC 1, would be cool to explore it more.

chespace

Hearthstone Esports Global Franchise Lead
Oct 27, 2017
I just picked up both Origins and Odyssey. Which do I play first? Which one is better?

Thanks.

rhandino

Oct 25, 2017
First, I want the Imperial Rome game they been teasing for a while.

Then I don't now... would be cool to have a Viking Assassin's Creed game and there are hints about it in the lore and the new gameplay systems from Origins/Odyssey would make a perfect fit for it.

Would be cool to find that Odin's Gungnir and Thor's Mjolnir are Pieces of Eden like the Staff of Hermes, fight against Fenrir or Jörmungandr or explore a section of the "new world"

I just picked up both Origins and Odyssey. Which do I play first? Which one is better?

Thanks.
My advice would be Origins and then Odyssey but mostly because the way the modern day plots is presented.

The historical stories are pretty much standalone and both games have enough differences that you could play them in any order if you want.

Mesoian

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
Short answer yes
Long answer, can we please get to japan already?

jerfdr

Dec 14, 2017
Honestly, I'd much prefer for Ubisoft to finally drop the whole "Assassin's Creed" part (and its baggage both in terms of lore and in terms of mechanics) altogether and just make a full-fledged historical or fantasy open-world RPG in vein of Witcher 3 or Kingdom Come: Deliverance. It seems that they are up to the task by now.
Vikings setting would be rad, though I would prefer Chinese or otherwise oriental-themed setting.

Last edited:

SunBroDave

Oct 25, 2017
giphy.gif