• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Foltzie

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Scott Kurtz from PVP weighs in. . .

pvp20180622.jpg

Remember

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Chicago, IL United States
It would be a weaker film if he hit you over the head with what the themes were I think. It works because its more subtle than these sort of movies typically are and rewards multiple viewings. I wouldn't like it nearly as much if it was more blatant with its message and themes.

The issue is that you're assuming I want the complete opposite. That's not what I'm asking for. I'm asking if you all believe him and his team could have handled those subtleties better.

kvetcha

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The issue is that you're assuming I want the complete opposite. That's not what I'm asking for. I'm asking if you all believe him and his team could have handled those subtleties better.

I think the movie is imperfect, so obviously there is room for improvement. Very few films are truly impeccable.

But at least you and Osahi are having a rational, civil discussion, and that's a far cry from the people who just make insane blanket statements like I HAVE SEEN 1000 MOVIES AND THIS ONE IS BY FAR THE WORST and expect to be taken seriously.

kvetcha

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I am still convinced that "I am a film expert I saw 1000 movies" guy was trolling. I hope.

Either way I hope it becomes a copypasta.

Also, I suppose my core issue is that people are unable to differentiate between "I did/did not like a thing" and the objective qualities of said thing. Okay, you hated a movie. That doesn't necessarily make the movie garbage.

It's okay not to connect with a well-made movie. It's okay to enjoy a poorly-made one. But the hyperbole concerning TLJ is just mindboggling.

Oct 25, 2017
Im not really interested in Star Wars, so I havent watched the new ones yet. That said, with the way people whine about these movies I think I'll try and watch one soon

Osahi

Oct 27, 2017
Osahi, if those who really liked the movie have to tell people who didn't, that they don't fully understand good storytelling and that they need to learn what x means, do you think that the director might have not done as good of a job conveying this with his intent for the movie as he could have?

You can dislike a very well told story. But that doesn't mean you don't like the story because it is not well told. A lot of the arguments about what would made TLJ better, would in my opinion actually make it worse, and yes, that's a sign to me that they don't understand some aspects of good storytelling. Asking for more blatant exposition when it is not nessecairy to understand the characters arcs and drama is one of those. I can understand that if you were pumping yourself up for two years to get an answer on who Snoke was, you're disapointed this isn't adressed. But the movie doesn't need this at all to work, and in TFA it was never set-up as a mystery needing answers to begin with. It's completely besides the case in the story, so forcing it in would amount to heavy exposition and diminishing what is actually one of the strongest scenes in the movie.

So, would you consider this to be a peak storytelling from Rian Johnson without need for improvement?

There is always room for improvement. But the solution you asked for and what I jumped on (having more lore for Snoke) wouldn't improve the movie at all, it would actually weigh it down.

But yes, pacing issues and some wonky dialogue aside (stuff every Star Wars movie suffers from imo), Rian Johnson has written this movie with the right writer's instincts imo. Give your character's hell, don't give them what they want, go for unexpected answers and let the character's drive the movie, not the plot.

Either way I hope it becomes a copypasta.

Also, I suppose my core issue is that people are unable to differentiate between "I did/did not like a thing" and the objective qualities of said thing. Okay, you hated a movie. That doesn't necessarily make the movie garbage.

It's okay not to connect with a well-made movie. It's okay to enjoy a poorly-made one. But the hyperbole concerning TLJ is just mindboggling.

This. So much.

Mr Swine

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Sweden
Would watch if it shown that Snoke is the love child of Emperor Palpatine and Luke Skywalker and that Jar Jar Binks is the big bad villain of the movie!

Calamari41

Oct 25, 2017
How hard is it, if you truly hate these films, to just not watch them and carry on with your life as if they don't exist?

Yippiekai

The Fallen
May 28, 2018
Toulouse, France
You can dislike a very well told story. But that doesn't mean you don't like the story because it is not well told. A lot of the arguments about what would made TLJ better, would in my opinion actually make it worse, and yes, that's a sign to me that they don't understand some aspects of good storytelling. Asking for more blatant exposition when it is not nessecairy to understand the characters arcs and drama is one of those. I can understand that if you were pumping yourself up for two years to get an answer on who Snoke was, you're disapointed this isn't adressed. But the movie doesn't need this at all to work, and in TFA it was never set-up as a mystery needing answers to begin with. It's completely besides the case in the story, so forcing it in would amount to heavy exposition and diminishing what is actually one of the strongest scenes in the movie.

There is always room for improvement. But the solution you asked for and what I jumped on (having more lore for Snoke) wouldn't improve the movie at all, it would actually weigh it down.

But yes, pacing issues and some wonky dialogue aside (stuff every Star Wars movie suffers from imo), Rian Johnson has written this movie with the right writer's instincts imo. Give your character's hell, don't give them what they want, go for unexpected answers and let the character's drive the movie, not the plot.

This. So much.

Well, to be fair, when I see the "did/did not like" and "good/bad movie", it almost always makes me question what is a good or a bad movie. Sure, there are some where the answer is given, mostly when everything is wrong, from the visuals to the story and everything in between. But how can anyone say a movie is "good" or "bad"? Isn't it better to just stop trying to put a movie behind one of those terms if we can't agree with it? Or is it just a shortcut for saying we liked it or not? Art is relative and our vision of it is too so it's always a mistake to take the problem literally like there are some good answers and bad answers to a physics test.

That said, I didn't like TLJ, for various reasons and not because of missing answers. And I don't think it should be remade, even when Johnson says it should. It's the artistic view of its director and should stay the way it is, divisive or not. No movie should be retconned into oblivion just because a hysterical mass of fans cannot accept that someone else can make their own version of the universe they love.

Osahi

Oct 27, 2017
Well, to be fair, when I see the "did/did not like" and "good/bad movie", it almost always makes me question what is a good or a bad movie. Sure, there are some where the answer is given, mostly when everything is wrong, from the visuals to the story and everything in between. But how can anyone say a movie is "good" or "bad"? Isn't it better to just stop trying to put a movie behind one of those terms if we can't agree with it? Or is it just a shortcut for saying we liked it or not? Art is relative and our vision of it is too so it's always a mistake to take the problem literally like there are some good answers and bad answers to a physics test.

That said, I didn't like TLJ, for various reasons and not because of missing answers. And I don't think it should be remade, even when Johnson says it should. It's the artistic view of its director and should stay the way it is, divisive or not. No movie should be retconned into oblivion just because a hysterical mass of fans cannot accept that someone else can make their own version of the universe they love.

Sure. That's what I try to say. You can find a painting very ugly, but still acknowledge the artist has a great technique. I don't want to claim every TLJ-critic is the same or has the same opinion. I reacted at first on the argument that not having enough lore surrounding Snoke was a bad thing, while I firmly believe that adding that kind of lore is unessecairy and would detract from the quality. And in a lot of TLJ discussions I find that what grates some people are actually examples of great storytelling or at least a good writers instinct (for example, the 'anticlimactic' answer to Reys lineage, Luke's arc, ...)

Just out of curiosity: what didn't you like about TLJ?

Oct 26, 2017
Rian Johnson murdered my cherished childhood franchise aided by the feminist agenda of the corporate hacks at Disney! He must pay for what he has done, and now we, the true fans must rise up against him! Repent! Repent my fellow nerds, and give me millions of dollars to tackle the biggest concern of our generation, a space fantasy film that I didn't like!

Plotinus

Oct 30, 2017
Oh please let this get as far as scripting, the results would be hilarious.

Yes yes yes, I desperately want this project to get as far along as possible. Imagine the comedy gold we could get. Not just incredible fan-made scripts, but Twitter fights, internet drama, financial mismanagement, crazy decisions. Please please please move forward with this.

mael

Avenger
Nov 3, 2017
You're looking for a grand reveal when one likely doesn't' even exist not because the creatives don't know or have an idea but because everyone in the film except for the main characters thrust into adventure for the first time in their lives get the gist of the situation and the players involved. They don't NEED a scene explaining who Snoke is, because that's not the pressing issue at any point in time during the narrative, "who is Snoke" is never at all presented as a mystery during the 4 hrs and 47 minutes of combined runtime in the two films, that question exists entirely OUTSIDE of the films, it's not something the characters are asking .

Read the bolded and underlined over and over until it clicks. If you still don't get it, then read it again until you do.
That was my point.
Any text that would reveal anything about Snoke would be utterly pointless and 4th wall breaking.

Kin5290

Oct 26, 2017
Couldn't they, if necessary and if they use replacement actors, release it on YouTube or vimeo as a fan project like the other fan projects out there(Darth Maul Origin Story, Vader tales, etc)? I think if they did it this way they could easily release it under the specific title of "fan remake". That's why I think when this eventually happens, they should keep it simple with the changes.

I'm not going to argue back and forth with the others who quoted me because at the end of the day we will just agree to disagree. Rian Johnson preferred to explain next to nothing and convinced people it's a genius move in filmmaking. Then again, so did J.J. Abrams with Lost and he won accolades for it. I've already accepted the sad fact that the SW cartoons and books do a better job of telling a better fleshed out story than the new trilogy. Maybe this is the result from the prequels being too dialogue heavy but it is what it is.
Their funding strategy refers to preordering "tickets" so they apparently intend to somehow monetize this thing. That fact alone would get such a project nuked from orbit even if the somehow managed to miraculously secure their $200 million worth of crowdfunding.

Fan projects live and die on the sufferance of the rights holder. The risk of "brand confusion" or "brand dilution" are pretty real. Just look at all the trouble that Prelude fo Axanar had with Paramount for making a Star Trek fan film, or Nintendo nuking any Pokemon fan project from orbit. Disney and Lucasfilm could C&D this monstrosity at any moment and have no incentive to allow it to continue, even if the people behind this Remake could miraculously turn out a halfway decent Star Wars movie from crowdfunding. That's why the Remake folks are either idiots who know nothing about moviemaking or scammers.

Serpens007

Well, Tosca isn't for everyone
Oct 31, 2017
Chile
The Silmarillion is better than Lord of the Rings.

The reason that Snoke coming out of nowhere and then dying is annoying isn't because "BUT MUH LORE!", it's because it's narratively unsatisfying. There's 6 movies where one guy is the ultimate villain and then suddenly a 30 year timeskip where some other old dark side wizard man is the villain and then he dies. He has no motivation other than "rule the galaxy" and there's not much in story terms to distinguish him from the first old dark side wizard man. He feels like a rehash in a shiny new golden robe.

Now you can say "But Palpatine came out of nowhere in the OT and had little backstory", but for Palpatine we had a three film buildup. We were aware he existed in ANH, got a tease in ESB that revealed he was Force sensitive, and he became the final villain in ROTJ. He didn't have to have a big backstory or motivation because he fulfilled an archetypal role for the first time. We already know the Empire is in control of the galaxy and he's the one ruling it. Snoke leads some kind of vaguely defined neo-Imperial force and has no distinguishing characteristics for himself. He's there as a plot device. That's "fine" but it's also boring because he has nothing that makes him distinct as a character himself when compared to the emperor.

I am personally fine with his backstory being told in books and cartoons because I consume that all, but it's silly to think that for all viewers that will be OK since they only watch the movies. It's a legitimate issue.

Have you ever considered that Snoke was not the main villain, and that Kylo Ren is? Contrary to Darth Vader, Snoke is the way Kylo deeps further into the dark side by killing him, while Palpatine in the OT is the way Vader rise to the light side by killing him.

kvetcha

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Have you ever considered that Snoke was not the main villain, and that Kylo Ren is? Contrary to Darth Vader, Snoke is the way Kylo deeps further into the dark side by killing him, while Palpatine in the OT is the way Vader rise to the light side by killing him.

We finally get a movie that actually rhymes like poetry and people are freakin' out.

Someone on Twitter also posted a comparison between the framing of Luke's journey into the cave in ESB and his telling of the night he nearly killed Ben. They are very intentionally mirrored.

Arkanim94

Oct 27, 2017
Rian Johnson murdered my cherished childhood franchise aided by the feminist agenda of the corporate hacks at Disney! He must pay for what he has done, and now we, the true fans must rise up against him! Repent! Repent my fellow nerds, and give me millions of dollars to tackle the biggest concern of our generation, a space fantasy film that I didn't like!
pff poser, everybody knows it's Ruin Johnson, not Rian.

Deleted member 2109

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Can't these nerds just fast forward through all the dogshit and just watch the Kylo/Rey/Luke parts like I do? Save a whole lotta time and money.

sphagnum

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Yes, I know all that. Doesn't matter. Snoke himself is uninteresting which dampens my enthusiasm for Kylo killing him.

Snoke doesn't have to be boring to rhyme.

Yippiekai

The Fallen
May 28, 2018
Toulouse, France
Sure. That's what I try to say. You can find a painting very ugly, but still acknowledge the artist has a great technique. I don't want to claim every TLJ-critic is the same or has the same opinion. I reacted at first on the argument that not having enough lore surrounding Snoke was a bad thing, while I firmly believe that adding that kind of lore is unessecairy and would detract from the quality. And in a lot of TLJ discussions I find that what grates some people are actually examples of great storytelling or at least a good writers instinct (for example, the 'anticlimactic' answer to Reys lineage, Luke's arc, ...)

Just out of curiosity: what didn't you like about TLJ?

I think I was pulled out of the movie by its pace and incoherencies. It's disappointing because I liked Rey's arc (mostly) through and through and liked Poe way more than in TFA, mostly due to his better characterization as a brash pilot who understand the people around him as things goes on and that his ways are not helpful.

Leia's force scene was the first one that made me twitch. It was unnecessary and pretty stupid. While I like Finn, its "subquest" was boring. Not as in "it should have never been here" like some people say but more as in "make it at least as interesting as the other scenes it cuts" kind of way. I'm not against the fact that it impacts nothing in the end, realistically speaking, it makes more sense. But if it does nothing AND is a bore, I don't like it. It also doesn't help that Del Toro character isn't anything more than what he looks like. Lando had at least the roguish charisma that makes you wonder whose side he is with, DJ is just an asshole from beginning to end then betrays them and leave.

Meanwhile, it forces Poe's story to go at a crawling pace. I'm not into faster than light action in movies but when nothing really happens in 30 minutes, it makes me a bit sad. Speaking of faster than light, while the lightspeed attack from Holdo was beautiful (seriously, I don't like the movie but visuals were awesome most of the time), it causes concern that everyone talked about for months about the possible use of this attack in all the Star Wars saga.

For the Rey/Kylo part, I pretty much loved it until the Snoke scene. I found Kylo's part well told and the ambiguity of the side he will chose at the end was a driving force going forward. Then, Snoke died. I'm not from the ones that wanted more backstory for him. I wanted more story. In TFA, he only appeared as an hologram and in TLJ, they finally showed how powerful and intimidating he could be going fo...and he is dead. The fact that Kylo decided to remain a villain after that was maybe the only thing that did not make me leave the theater after that. There was a potential in Snoke that will probably never be used.

About the end of the movie, the suicide attack from Finn was a good scene but Rose's actions fell flat. I don't think their love story was either well presented, meaningful or necessary. And the fact that it pushed her to save Finn in exchange of all the other lives of the soldiers in the base was morally meh due to that. Luke the appeared in an emotional scene with Leia (good thing) but his final fate left me dubious, at best (I can understand that people felt otherwise, that point was a completely personal point of view). And all the building up for Kylo pretty much went out as he just became the same as he was at the start of the movie. I won't talk too much about all the small things that made me tick (e.g. how Rose could come crashing on a full speed Finn while she stopped the run earlier or the fact that Finn could bring her back in a couple of minutes on foot after that).

But to summarize, the amount of good scenes was not sufficient to forget the boring parts or bizarre choices (again, for me) in this movie. The number of plotholes or small things, while sometimes I feel I'm nitpicking too much, broke my suspension of disbelief too many times to make me enjoy the movie as much as I would have liked. It's a complete personal opinion that has nothing to do with the technical aspects of the movie that I found really engrossing.

Serpens007

Oct 31, 2017
Chile
Yes, I know all that. Doesn't matter. Snoke himself is uninteresting which dampens my enthusiasm for Kylo killing him.

I don't think he is boring, but that's highly subjective. Most people had high expectations of him because they thought he was going to be as big as Sheev. I actually liked him but he's just a plot point for the main story

kvetcha

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I don't think he is boring, but that's highly subjective. Most people had high expectations of him because they thought he was going to be as big as Sheev. I actually liked him but he's just a plot point for the main story

I actually really enjoyed Andy Serkis' performance in TLJ, but ultimately Snoke is just not important to the core narrative. He's just a deliciously hammy stepping stone for Kylo Ren.

joylevel11

Banned
May 19, 2018
lol. i actually like it. it's not perfect sure but it's a good film. the humour is a bit odd, snoke dying, and superwoman leia was disappointing but eh.

i guess that's star wars fans for you.

Serpens007

Oct 31, 2017
Chile
Saw this meme today that said something like "People who say that SW is ruined by RJ should be sit with their eyes open and forced to watch Attack of the Clones on a loop"

I wonder why they don't go and remake that movie instead

Ushojax

Oct 30, 2017

Snoke being a boring retread of the Emperor was the single biggest reason they got rid of him so fast, JJ fumbled that one. There was nothing interesting about another withered old man giving orders from his throne room. Making him a personal obstacle to Kylo's ambition was much more appropriate than having another Dark Lord as the big bad.

kvetcha

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Snoke being a boring retread of the Emperor was the single biggest reason they got rid of him so fast, JJ fumbled that one. There was nothing interesting about another withered old man giving orders from his throne room. Making him a personal obstacle to Kylo's ambition was much more appropriate than having another Dark Lord as the big bad.

It simultaneously puts Kylo Ren even further outside the Darth Vader mold.

Spectone

We don't need Snokes backstory, he is dead and is not going to be in the next movie so who cares?

You know what is going to be in the next movie? Porgs! But we don't know anything about their backstory.

Thus I propose we remake TLJ Porg Edition and fill in these important details.

Are they indigenous to that planet? Have they travelled in space before? What sort of society do they have? Do they lay eggs? Do they mate for life? And the most important question is what do they taste like?

mael

Avenger
Nov 3, 2017
This topic just reminded me a book I read recently that was just exposition after exposition with bits of story in between.
It was interesting because it was a critic of European Monarchy circa 1700s and it was really well written.
But dear god it killed any pacing the story had and the narrative or the characters felt like an afterthough over how the author felt about Monarchy.
I'm really absolutely glad they didn't go that route or the Prequel route of expogab forever and keep that at the minimun.

kvetcha

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This topic just reminded me a book I read recently that was just exposition after exposition with bits of story in between.
It was interesting because it was a critic of European Monarchy circa 1700s and it was really well written.
But dear god it killed any pacing the story had and the narrative or the characters felt like an afterthough over how the author felt about Monarchy.
I'm really absolutely glad they didn't go that route or the Prequel route of expogab forever and keep that at the minimun.

If you're gonna do this, you have to be really, really good at it, like Neal Stephenson.

mael

Avenger
Nov 3, 2017
If you're gonna do this, you have to be really, really good at it, like Neal Stephenson.
All I know is that I'm not sure if I'm ready to read another Victor Hugo book.
Like people make fun of others for only knowing Notre Dame through the Disney movie, but yeah you kind of don't want to read the book when Hugo feels like going through a digression on how the gargoyle made 3 centuries before was really a work of art by itself and how it shows that people with uncommon features were treated like shit and no one gave to 2 thoughts about it.
Like woah, you have to be really committed to the book for that.

You can have movies that are more about making a point about a subject than about characters and how they progress.
I imagine that you could have a space opera movie about the struggle of autoritarianism vs freedom and whatever but it's clearly not Star Wars and thank god that it is not Star Wars.
If you want extended lore and shit, that's what tv shows are for and you can't really do that well in a cartoonishly simple setting as the Star Wars universe.

Osahi

Oct 27, 2017
I think I was pulled out of the movie by its pace and incoherencies. It's disappointing because I liked Rey's arc (mostly) through and through and liked Poe way more than in TFA, mostly due to his better characterization as a brash pilot who understand the people around him as things goes on and that his ways are not helpful.

Leia's force scene was the first one that made me twitch. It was unnecessary and pretty stupid. While I like Finn, its "subquest" was boring. Not as in "it should have never been here" like some people say but more as in "make it at least as interesting as the other scenes it cuts" kind of way. I'm not against the fact that it impacts nothing in the end, realistically speaking, it makes more sense. But if it does nothing AND is a bore, I don't like it. It also doesn't help that Del Toro character isn't anything more than what he looks like. Lando had at least the roguish charisma that makes you wonder whose side he is with, DJ is just an asshole from beginning to end then betrays them and leave.

Meanwhile, it forces Poe's story to go at a crawling pace. I'm not into faster than light action in movies but when nothing really happens in 30 minutes, it makes me a bit sad. Speaking of faster than light, while the lightspeed attack from Holdo was beautiful (seriously, I don't like the movie but visuals were awesome most of the time), it causes concern that everyone talked about for months about the possible use of this attack in all the Star Wars saga.

For the Rey/Kylo part, I pretty much loved it until the Snoke scene. I found Kylo's part well told and the ambiguity of the side he will chose at the end was a driving force going forward. Then, Snoke died. I'm not from the ones that wanted more backstory for him. I wanted more story. In TFA, he only appeared as an hologram and in TLJ, they finally showed how powerful and intimidating he could be going fo...and he is dead. The fact that Kylo decided to remain a villain after that was maybe the only thing that did not make me leave the theater after that. There was a potential in Snoke that will probably never be used.

About the end of the movie, the suicide attack from Finn was a good scene but Rose's actions fell flat. I don't think their love story was either well presented, meaningful or necessary. And the fact that it pushed her to save Finn in exchange of all the other lives of the soldiers in the base was morally meh due to that. Luke the appeared in an emotional scene with Leia (good thing) but his final fate left me dubious, at best (I can understand that people felt otherwise, that point was a completely personal point of view). And all the building up for Kylo pretty much went out as he just became the same as he was at the start of the movie. I won't talk too much about all the small things that made me tick (e.g. how Rose could come crashing on a full speed Finn while she stopped the run earlier or the fact that Finn could bring her back in a couple of minutes on foot after that).

But to summarize, the amount of good scenes was not sufficient to forget the boring parts or bizarre choices (again, for me) in this movie. The number of plotholes or small things, while sometimes I feel I'm nitpicking too much, broke my suspension of disbelief too many times to make me enjoy the movie as much as I would have liked. It's a complete personal opinion that has nothing to do with the technical aspects of the movie that I found really engrossing.

See, even though I don't agree on all your points, this is the kind criticism I can accept. You didn't like stuff because the way it was presented, not because of some fantasies you had about what the movie. should be.

I for instance liked how Canto Bight showed a new side of the galaxy, but I can understand people who didn't like that part (it's the closest to the PT we got in the ST). I also think it was a good idea to kill Snoke off, as it would've only led to another Vader/Palpatine-dynamic. I find it way more interesting to have Kylo being the one and true badguy now, not the puppet of some master.

Yippiekai

The Fallen
May 28, 2018
Toulouse, France
See, even though I don't agree on all your points, this is the kind criticism I can accept. You didn't like stuff because the way it was presented, not because of some fantasies you had about what the movie. should be.

I for instance liked how Canto Bight showed a new side of the galaxy, but I can understand people who didn't like that part (it's the closest to the PT we got in the ST). I also think it was a good idea to kill Snoke off, as it would've only led to another Vader/Palpatine-dynamic. I find it way more interesting to have Kylo being the one and true badguy now, not the puppet of some master.

I think a part of me would have love to see Kylo overthrow Snoke in some way without killing him that easily. I can understand the fact that Snoke was overconfident in his win and his power over Kylo, that it was what cost him is life and everything that happened was entirely his fault. But seriously, even the Emperor did not show that sheer level of power and control over Luke. The way he played with Rey and completely overpowered her was frightening. The simple thought of a 3-way power-battle between him, Rey and Kylo would have hyped me for SW IX.

And I just saw I totally forgot to talk about Phasma. I don't want to get angry about it again so let's leave it here... What a mess...

But yeah, "it wasn't what I wanted" is not a viable enough criticism for any movie. Even though I didn't like it, kudos to Johnson for the risk taking on some plot points through the movie. It won't be my favorite SW but it will most likely be the one that made me think the most about what I expect from Star wars and what path the saga will take in the future.

Oct 26, 2017
Good. Johnson almost made a great movie, but it wasn't quite there, and I think a new version is exactly what fans deserve. In terms of the story, clearly it's brilliant. But there is one critical element that's missing. It needs a sexual punch-up. We need to get a female lead character in there that Kylo can bang throughout the whole movie. See, one of the problems with Star Wars films is that they lack a certain eroticism. What if we were to bring an incredibly hot but skeptical female Knight of Ren partner into the mix? And then that way, whenever Kylo's not out busting heads because he's sensed rebellion, he's back at the Supremacy performing outrageous sexual experiments on her supple, young body. Now here's the twist. And there is a twist. We show it. We show all of it. Because what's the one major thing missing from all Star Wars films these days? Full penetration. We're gonna show full penetration, and we're gonna show a lot of it. I mean, we're talking, you know, graphic scenes of Kylo Renn really going to town on this hot, young Knight of Ren from behind, 69, anal, vaginal, cowgirl, reverse cowgirl All the hits. All the big ones. All the good ones. And then he senses rebellion again. He's out busting heads. Then he's back to the Supremacy for some more full penetration. He senses rebellion. Back to the Supremacy, full penetration. Rebellion, penetration, rebellion, full penetration, rebellion, penetration. And this goes on and on and back and forth for 90 or so minutes until the movie just sort of ends.

Oct 26, 2017
Appalachia
I thought all the banging was gonna happen in the next movie between Kylo & Rey as they try to work their feelings out while everyone around them is still killing each other completely unaware the franchise took a genre shift