• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
I was down 37 points. I had Cam, he had Dickson the TE.

Cam scored 49 points. Dickson scored 12. We ended up in a Tie. I thought I had zero chance.

Moppy

Oct 27, 2017
Didn't get much off Parker, but enough to seal the deal. 7-3 now, still in 2nd place.

Yunsen

Oct 25, 2017
I got my least deserving win ever this week. I ended up scoring more points on Thursday (Wilson, Baldwin and McKissic) than Sunday and only ended up with 55.22 points. I only had 1 player on a bye too. Somehow my opponents team tanked even harder than mine though and he only ended up with 53.96 points. I'm the 2nd lowest scorer this week in a 12 team league but I went up against the lowest scorer this week. I'm now 8-2 and still have a 2 game lead in my league.

PillarEN

Oct 25, 2017
Been saving my number 1 waiver all season long:
Gurley, Ingram, D Martin are my current RB starters.
On the bench are both injured GB RBs. Do I use my waiver pick on the next up GB RB? I mean no point in holding onto the top waiver spot and never using it.

Oct 25, 2017
BeCleveland
I got my least deserving win ever this week. I ended up scoring more points on Thursday (Wilson, Baldwin and McKissic) than Sunday and only ended up with 55.22 points. I only had 1 player on a bye too. Somehow my opponents team tanked even harder than mine though and he only ended up with 53.96 points. I'm the 2nd lowest scorer this week in a 12 team league but I went up against the lowest scorer this week. I'm now 8-2 and still have a 2 game lead in my league.
Damn it Chris..

I believed in you..

Smurf

Oct 25, 2017
Hey guys, if trades are still available in your league, try targeting players on bye on teams fighting to make the playoffs, you might get em at a discount. Notable players on bye: Cam/CMC/Funchess/Hyde/Gore/Powell/Forte/Robby Anderson

edit: Also, Devonta Freeman is prob missing his game this week due to a concussion, another bye low candidate.

TylerD

Oct 25, 2017
Another win and another highest score of the week in my 8-team standard money league. I beat the 2nd worst team last week and the worst team this week. Now scored over 150 more pts than the team with the 2nd highest point total and best record.

Up to 116 PPG avg. and back to .500 and up to 4th place.

After losing Watson, I played Tyrod Taylor then Goff... that's worked out well.

VoxPop

Oct 30, 2017
Been saving my number 1 waiver all season long:
Gurley, Ingram, D Martin are my current RB starters.
On the bench are both injured GB RBs. Do I use my waiver pick on the next up GB RB? I mean no point in holding onto the top waiver spot and never using it.

I personally wouldn't. I'm not sure how serious Ty Montgomery's injury is but I'm assuming he'll return sooner than later. Should have used it on Woods a week or two ago! Your RB core is solid as well so there's no point in investing in that horrid GB backfield. There's still 4 weeks to go till playoffs so save it for something worthwhile or to really put a hurt on your opponent if they need someone.

DPT120

Oct 27, 2017
I got offered Stafford and Doyle for Wentz. Should I take it? I have Ertz at TE(no depth though) and Wilson at QB. Doyle could be a good flex option since I don't have many good WRs.

Smurf

Oct 25, 2017
I got offered Stafford and Doyle for Wentz. Should I take it? I have Ertz at TE(no depth though) and Wilson at QB. Doyle could be a good flex option since I don't have many good WRs.
You got 2 of the top QBs in the league, I think you can get better value. With wilson or Wentz, you could get a WR2 or RB2 straight up. Also, avoid using TEs on your flex..

PillarEN

Oct 25, 2017
I personally wouldn't. I'm not sure how serious Ty Montgomery's injury is but I'm assuming he'll return sooner than later. Should have used it on Woods a week or two ago! Your RB core is solid as well so there's no point in investing in that horrid GB backfield. There's still 4 weeks to go till playoffs so save it for something worthwhile or to really put a hurt on your opponent if they need someone.
Hmm, ok. Will do. I think I'm just getting a little antsy that I've been sitting on the waiver pick since day one and wondering when to use it. Probably sit on it till some sure thing comes up or one of my starters gets injured.

Bwooduhs

Oct 25, 2017
Got lucky this week and kept my undefeated season alive despite not having Elliot, Evans, Hunt or Ertz.

Thank you Juju and Alvin Kamara for stepping up

DPT120

Oct 27, 2017
Absolutely not. If anything trade one of your QBs for a WR straight up.
You got 2 of the top QBs in the league, I think you can get better value. With wilson or Wentz, you could get a WR2 or RB2 straight up. Also, avoid using TEs on your flex..
Ok, thanks. I'll look at the other guys team and see what WR or RB I can pick up. I happen to need a good RB2 after DJ went down and WR would also fit a need.

Oct 25, 2017
Pick 3.

AJ Green @ Denver
Demaryius Thomas vs Cincinnati
Sterling Shepard vs Kansas City
Robert Woods @ Minnesota
Amari Cooper vs New England

Feel good about Shepard, but the rest have tough matchups except for Cooper who is pretty inconsistent. I guess you have to start AJ Green, but Idk it's hard to trust Dalton against Denver to me even if they've looked vulnerable lately.

Oct 27, 2017
My turn for fantasy advice!

First up RB2 slot:
Latavius Murray vs LA Rams
Alex Collins vs Packers
Orleans Darkwa vs Chiefs

Now for my W/R flex spot. If you see an RB above that could fit the role here over my WR choices, lemme know.
Corey Davis vs Steelers
Davante Adams vs Ravens
Kelvin Benjamin vs Chargers

rycisko

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
I'm in 1st place, in a keeper league, and I just burned my last move (Max of 15 on the season) to pick up Aaron Rodgers because some moron in my league cut him (He's eligible to be kept in the 14th rd for two years). FML, had to gamble here's to good health the rest of the way! (Also owned OBJr RIP)

Edwardo

Oct 27, 2017
Massachusetts
Would you accept Snead and Burkhead for Cobb? 14 team 0.5 ppr

I feel like Snead is bound to do something eventually lol.

Post trade my team would be:

QB - Alex Smith
WR - Mike Evans
WR - Rishard Matthews
WR - John Brown
RB - LeVeon Bell
RB - Alvin Kamara
TE - Rob Gronkowski
FLEX - Isaiah Crowell

BN - Willie Snead
BN - Travis Benjamin
BN - Rex Burkhead
BN - Jamaal Charles
BN - James Conner
BN - Aaron Rodgers

VoxPop

Oct 30, 2017
I'm in 1st place, in a keeper league, and I just burned my last move (Max of 15 on the season) to pick up Aaron Rodgers because some moron in my league cut him (He's eligible to be kept in the 14th rd for two years). FML, had to gamble here's to good health the rest of the way! (Also owned OBJr RIP)

Damn.. limits on moves. I would've hit the max in the first 2 weeks

Edwardo

Oct 27, 2017
Massachusetts
Snead is worthless, even in a 14 teamer. Also, I would rather have Burk than Cobb, but I see you need some WR help. I would actually try to trade Crowell for a better WR, or pair Rishard and Burk for an even better one.

Lol nvm now. He revoked it shortly after I posted and made a trade with someone else.

Listen to this one:

Michael Thomas

For

Corey Coleman
Rex Burkhead
Marcus Mariota

-_-

CyrilFiggis

Nov 3, 2017
Pennsylvania
Mariota or Rivers this week?

4-6 so this is my last stand.
Between those two I would go Rivers. That Stiller D is solid and the game is in Pittsburgh on a short week.

I'm in a similar situation choosing between Matt Ryan (in Seattle) and Rivers. Rivers is hanging out on waivers and I'm not too confident about Ryan. Should I pick up and start Rivers over him?

Last edited:

Doomsayer

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Pick 2 :

Lamar Miller vs ARI
McKinnon vs LAR
Murray @ Pitt
Mixon @ Den
Martin @ Mia

Leaning towards Miller and McKinnon right now.

ZoronMaro

Oct 30, 2017
So I'm in the fortunate position that I could lose every game and still make playoffs, is there anything out there to give projections or can someone give guidelines of who I should be targeting? I especially feel like targeting a good DEF now since I can never get anyone good off the waiver wire when I'm always last in standings (resets every week based on overall standings and not last weeks scores, which I could have sworn isn't how the league started but oh well).

Also if I wanted to make trades who's more expendable between Agholor, Anderson, and Hilton, (have Brown and Landry), and is it worth trading Cousins when I have Wilson? (someone in my league had Tyrod as their only QB so I could probably trade for high value, although her team isn't great.)

Smurf

Oct 25, 2017
So I'm in the fortunate position that I could lose every game and still make playoffs, is there anything out there to give projections or can someone give guidelines of who I should be targeting? I especially feel like targeting a good DEF now since I can never get anyone good off the waiver wire when I'm always last in standings (resets every week based on overall standings and not last weeks scores, which I could have sworn isn't how the league started but oh well).

Also if I wanted to make trades who's more expendable between Agholor, Anderson, and Hilton, (have Brown and Landry), and is it worth trading Cousins when I have Wilson? (someone in my league had Tyrod as their only QB so I could probably trade for high value, although her team isn't great.)
Ravens is the best DST out there for the playoffs weeks 15/16, @Browns/Colts

Agholor is the more expendable I think. And I would only trade Cousins if you can pair him with another player, to upgrade at a certain position.

red_taiyaki

Oct 25, 2017

Depending on where you would fall, you'd likely still want to try and win games for playoff positioning I assume to try and get a first round bye like I am. I use the Fantasy Footballers, helped me get to the top of my league in terms of points, as my main source of fantasy scouting and if you follow their podcasts, they have a solid projection for players you should be targeting for the playoffs. I would say Hilton is expendable since you got more boom/bust days with Brisett. Regarding Cousins & Wilson, depends who you can get. Since you're in position for the playoffs already and the Seahawks already had their bye could be worth trying to package Hilton and Cousins to shore up a perceived weakness. Depth isn't needed as much at this time of the year, unless you want to handcuff your RB1 or Brown w/ Juju or something...

Instro

Oct 25, 2017
Being offered Juju for Sterling Shepard. I'm inclined to keep Shepard due to being the defacto no.1 on a team that needs to throw a lot. He has looked quite good since his return, especially last week. Thoughts?

ryul2

Banned
Nov 5, 2017
Being offered Juju for Sterling Shepard. I'm inclined to keep Shepard due to being the defacto no.1 on a team that needs to throw a lot. He has looked quite good since his return, especially last week. Thoughts?
i'd rather have shepard

easy ros schedule and juju will be at the very best, #3 or #4 on that team after ab/bell and possibly bryant

it's basically only shepard and engram for the g-men

and people have started to stash 2nd defenses in my league so i'm basically just kind of praying this point for a decent game from this week's streamer (chiefs bleh)

Saganator

Oct 26, 2017
My league sucks. No one is trying to make trades or anything to make their push into playoffs. People should be trying to pick up guys from my 3-7 team but no offers. Not a single trade has been made in the league. I got one really dumb trade offer (Matt Stafford and Denver D for Leonard Fournette) early in the season, and I tried to make a trade but the guy never responded to it so it was cancelled.

Somnia

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
I was hoping you guys could help me out and let me know what you think my best lineup would be? This is a dynasty league, non-ppr. Now before you question my players, this team has been ran by 3 different people in the last few years before I took it over. It's in total re-build mode, I've made some trades (had no 1st round rookie pick next year, now I do) and have gone 4-6 which is way better than I thought I would.

Right now my starting lineup is:
QB - Dak Prescott
RB - Tevin Coleman
RB - Doug Martin
WR - Dez Bryant
WR - Alshon Jeffery
TE - Cameron Brate
FLEX - Latavius Murray
D/ST - Vikings
K - Greg Zuerlein

Bench:
Jamison Crowder
Willie Snead
Jonathan Stewart (on bye)
Ted Ginn Jr
Jacquizz Rodgers
Jonnu Smith (keeping him for longer term when Walker is gone)
Nelson Agholor
Rod Smith
Petyon Barber
Cole Beasley

Currently planning if waivers work out to drop Peyton Barber for Houstons Defense against Arizona and dropping Jacquizz Rodgers for C.J. Fiedorowicz (don't know if hes worth starting this year without Watson though).

ZoronMaro

Oct 30, 2017
Ravens is the best DST out there for the playoffs weeks 15/16, @Browns/Colts

Agholor is the more expendable I think. And I would only trade Cousins if you can pair him with another player, to upgrade at a certain position.

I noticed Ravens had pretty good matchups, but the person who has them though isn't going to let go easily.

Depending on where you would fall, you'd likely still want to try and win games for playoff positioning I assume to try and get a first round bye like I am. I use the Fantasy Footballers, helped me get to the top of my league in terms of points, as my main source of fantasy scouting and if you follow their podcasts, they have a solid projection for players you should be targeting for the playoffs. I would say Hilton is expendable since you got more boom/bust days with Brisett. Regarding Cousins & Wilson, depends who you can get. Since you're in position for the playoffs already and the Seahawks already had their bye could be worth trying to package Hilton and Cousins to shore up a perceived weakness. Depth isn't needed as much at this time of the year, unless you want to handcuff your RB1 or Brown w/ Juju or something...

We don't have byes in our playoff (even number of players). I'll check out fantasy footballers see if they recommend anyone I could possibly trade for or maybe even pick up, it's a small league so maybe.

ryul2

Banned
Nov 5, 2017
My league sucks. No one is trying to make trades or anything to make their push into playoffs. People should be trying to pick up guys from my 3-7 team but no offers. Not a single trade has been made in the league. I got one really dumb trade offer (Matt Stafford and Denver D for Leonard Fournette) early in the season, and I tried to make a trade but the guy never responded to it so it was cancelled.

if it's a league you know the people in real life and can speak to them(eg a work league) you have to go and talk to them and test out the waters. I had to do that last year in my work league and it was a pain in the ass.

PillarEN

Oct 25, 2017
Tossed away the Panthers TE (not Olsen lol) for Peterman just for the hell of it. I had no decent backup QB and Ryan is somewhat frustrating as a starter so I'm just taking a chance to stash Peterman in case something bad happens to Ryan or if Peterman surprises with a couple touchdowns per week.

EDIT: ... against the LA Rams though? Lol. Set up to fail in his first game. Good thing after that he has teams that give up a ton of points to the QB position.

Last edited:

Smurf

Oct 25, 2017
Tossed away the Panthers TE (not Olsen lol) for Peterman just for the hell of it. I had no decent backup QB and Ryan is somewhat frustrating as a starter so I'm just taking a chance to stash Peterman in case something bad happens to Ryan or if Peterman surprises with a couple touchdowns per week.
Unless I can swing a trade for a QB, I'm starting Peterman this week in a league. My backup?C.J. Beathard.

20 team leagues, don't play it boys.

PillarEN

Oct 25, 2017
Eeek. I'm in a 12 team league and that seems like just the right amount. For the sake of flexibility when injuries happen and such

ryul2

Banned
Nov 5, 2017
20 man is rough. I hope there's small benches (maybe 4 and even then I still think it'd be rough). My work league did a 12 man last year and it was difficult. We did a 10 man this year and while there's still a shortage at a few spots, it's much better than last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.