• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

peppermints

Oct 25, 2017

How many opponents in your league with this scoring format have gotten negative points for their defense when facing the Titans this season?
New England in Week 10? Houston in Week 2?

Also, bear in mind that both those games were in Nashville. Tonight's game is not.
My inclination in this instance is to keep the Texans D in your lineup.

Are you in PPR or fractional points? If you are in PPR or NOT Fractional points, you might want to ride it out. A carry can be stat-corrected to a catch, and if a player had 59 yards and gets a correction to 60 yards, that's a whole point in non- fractional leagues

If you're not in the running for highest scorer (if your league even does that), you can just bench them. 1.5 pts is a pretty hefty stat correction and likely won't happen.

As far as potential for negative totals, the scoring is:
28-34 points allowed (PA28) -1
35-45 points allowed (PA35) -2
46+ points allowed (PA46) -3
350-399 total yards allowed (YA399) -1
400-449 total yards allowed (YA449) -2
450-499 total yards allowed (YA499)-3

This has allowed for a lot of teams in the negative compared to my other league. That's my main reason for concern. Unlikely but if the Titans put up 35 pts then that's an L on the week for me.

I think I'm gonna bench them. There is a payout for highest total for the week, but I'm no where close to that.

ryul2

Banned
Nov 5, 2017
At least these players had the decency to go directly to IR instead of staying on the shelf indefinitely and tying up bench space.

yup, I drafted andrew luck last year and got baited into holding him for 8-10 weeks

glad I went in again since he's on fire (no one wanted him so I was able to get him for a 12th round pick in my work league)

Deleted member 11626

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
If you, like me, had Jack Doyle as your ROS tight end starter, and if you're in a league where people are holding two tight ends across the board (ie Brate, Njoku, Smith are all gone) then consider Gerald Everett. In 0.5 PPR, he's put up 8 or more points since Kupp went down, and is a monster red zone threat. Since the middle to back-end TE1s put up about 6 or so per game, a single touchdown gets him the production you'd expect. In the wasteland that is 2018 fantasy tight ends, a guy that gets end zone targets in a high octane offense like the Rams might fare better than some of these other scrubs.

Mike LaCosse might be worth a look as well, since Heuerman went down and since Keenum loves his tight ends.

Neither are likely to be owned, and in Yahoo you can scoop Everett right now without having to spend FAAB or put in that waiver you've been waiting to use

Doomsayer

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I drafted Eric Ebron to backup Delanie Walker... I dropped Ebron before week 1.

Oops.

Now I have Tre Burton and Austin Hooper. Ugh

Deleted member 11626

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Everett's already gone in my 16-teamer thanks to the Heuerman owner getting a 90-minute head start on the Doyle owner. Gotta love injury report timing!

Damn that sucks. 16 team league sounds like something straight out of one of the circles of hell. I don't think I could ever be in one. I'm in a 10 team and I'd willingly participate in a 12 team, but no higher than that. At that point, you better have drafted extremely well or you're toast...and I play the waiver wire quite a bit regardless of my draft.

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
I had one of my best weeks all year this week. I started Roethlisberger, Nick Chubb, Fournette, and Lamar Miller.

I STILL LOST.

Fantasy football is painful for the soul.

VoxPop

Oct 30, 2017
Man being a first pick Fournette owner has been rough

Lol what. You took Fournette with the #1 pick or he was your first pick?

So I shouldn't start Tyler Boyd this week :(

Idk. Boyd was getting nothing with Dalton out there and once Driskel came in, he instantly got a TD and huge catches. Even had a 40 something yard catch called back in the end too. Seems to be Driskels favorite target so far so I'd play him unless you have a better option.

ryul2

Banned
Nov 5, 2017
i was so set on dropping jordan howard for a 2nd defense this week but now im thinking i should drop lewis instead

ugh

ryul2

Banned
Nov 5, 2017
whee dropped corey davis weeks ago

oh well, I honestly don't think i'd ever be comfortable starting him rest of season though

still sucks

Deleted member 2145

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
11-1!

clinched a first round bye! fuck yeah

man, this gordon situation. would be amazing if he played week 14 so I'm not gambling on whether or not they ease him back in the first week he's active. other than that I'm feeling real good. got dak with indy, tampa week 15 and 16 or trubisky with green bay, san fran. redskins d with the jacksonville tennessee match ups. got ekeler for gordon, will get artis-payne for cmc, tyreek is a beast, dj moore is ascending with nola and atl both at home for week 15 and 16. man

ryul2

Banned
Nov 5, 2017
wow

2nd week in a row in era league that I lose by ~1 point

bleh

at least I avoided elimination in my work league

now to just win this upcoming week and next week...

red_taiyaki

Oct 25, 2017
Finally had a win that wasn't a blowout, but clinched my second straight playoff appearance in my league thanks to the Titans just scoring enough points against the Houston DST :D.

My previous six wins have all come down to blowouts so they've been rather anticlimatic.

But now to find a replacement for Gordon, although I have Chubb and A.Jones. Thinking Justin Jason?

CyrilFiggis

Nov 3, 2017
Pennsylvania
A loss means I haven't clinched. At 7-5 (after starting 0-4) I could end up anywhere from the 2nd seed (and get a bye) to first out of the playoffs. Six teams make it and three 8-4s have clinched, leaving me and another 7-5 and two 6-6s for the last three spots.

Win and I'm in, but if this exact situation happens I would be out in agonizing fashion:
1. I lose
2. The two 6-6 teams win their games - one of which is against the other 7-5 - making a 4-way tie at 7-6 each for the final 3 spots
3. Two of those teams are comfortably above me in total points scored (the tiebreaker) and would get in, and the other one is currently 22 points below me, meaning that he would have to score >22 points more than me to get the last spot.

Gonna be a nail biter even though I'm playing a 1 win team who hasn't set their lineup since like week 2. I have a strong hunch either he or the GM will set his lineup for him in attempt to screw me over for laughs.

BurtonGuster

Oct 26, 2017
mannnn, 11-1 but i have Melvin Gordon, Boyd, and Marvin Jones Jr. What a shit week. Hopefully Boyd can still produce cause i have to leave him in. Starting Ekeler, Josh Adams, and Gus Edwards as well. A W guarantees me 1st place going into the playoffs and at least my money back cause im not liking my chances now..

Deleted member 11626

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
A loss means I haven't clinched. At 7-5 (after starting 0-4) I could end up anywhere from the 2nd seed (and get a bye) to first out of the playoffs. Six teams make it and three 8-4s have clinched, leaving me and another 7-5 and two 6-6s for the last three spots.

Win and I'm in, but if this exact situation happens I would be out in agonizing fashion:
1. I lose
2. The two 6-6 teams win their games - one of which is against the other 7-5 - making a 4-way tie at 7-6 each for the final 3 spots
3. Two of those teams are comfortably above me in total points scored (the tiebreaker) and would get in, and the other one is currently 22 points below me, meaning that he would have to score >22 points more than me to get the last spot.

Gonna be a nail biter even though I'm playing a 1 win team who hasn't set their lineup since like week 2. I have a strong hunch either he or the GM will set his lineup for him in attempt to screw me over for laughs.

If your commissioner sets this guy's lineup for him after letting his team sit idle all season, all but guaranteeing a win for every other team throughout the year, then you should raise hell. If he sets it himself that's one thing, but under no circumstance should his team be set by anyone but him.

ryul2

Banned
Nov 5, 2017
i should change my team name in my work league to team georgia bulldogs (have both chubb and michel)

they are single handledly carrying my team with so many bad picks (dj-he isn't a bust but I could have picked kamara, barkley, hunt etc, jordan howard, doug baldwin, dion lewis-basically pick 1,3,4,5 were all bad for me)

CyrilFiggis

Nov 3, 2017
Pennsylvania
If your commissioner sets this guy's lineup for him after letting his team sit idle all season, all but guaranteeing a win for every other team throughout the year, then you should raise hell. If he sets it himself that's one thing, but under no circumstance should his team be set by anyone but him.
Agreed. Plus the other 3 teams in the hunt with me have gotten to play him twice for two free wins (they are all in the same division). This is the only time I play him. I don't know the 1-11 guy though, so it would be hard to prove, and you can't just throw accusations like that out there. Just hoping it doesn't come to that. I should be able to win, but 1-11 does have some scary players (Gronk, Rodgers, David Johnson).

VoxPop

Oct 30, 2017
The dream of 2 chips in 1 year died yesterday with that Corey Davis garbage time TD :(

1st place right now in my main league but could drop to 3rd and have no bye week if I lose this week. Hoping my Saints stack steps it up and brings me home this $3000 pot and my 2nd championship!

Oct 26, 2017
UK
i should change my team name in my work league to team georgia bulldogs (have both chubb and michel)

they are single handledly carrying my team with so many bad picks (dj-he isn't a bust but I could have picked kamara, barkley, hunt etc, jordan howard, doug baldwin, dion lewis-basically pick 1,3,4,5 were all bad for me)

My draft was a mess. I also took DJ with my first pick and knowing I could have had Kamara or Hunt etc kills. I don't think any of my first four picks are still on my team.

Bigkrev

Oct 25, 2017
In the past, when this has happened, we have allowed everyone to get 1 free win against him, but as soon as he's played everyone in the league once we make a legal lineup and keep it for the rest of the season

Oct 26, 2017
UK
So I need to pick 3 of: Cooks, Edelman, Boyd, Ridley and Reynolds

Cooks is a lock and at the momemt leaning towards Edelman and Ridley, any suggestions

OP
OP
UberTag

UberTag

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Kitchener, ON
No Fournette, no Bort, new OC
No Bort always discourages me.

vCpM6Pz.jpg

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
Locked the playoffs in for two of my leagues, in 2nd place in both, one of which is locked to at least second place, the other I could drop down to 4th I think, but could take 1st in both leagues.

Want to say in the beginning of the season I threw it out there whether I should keep Joe Mixon or Larry Fitzgerald, with the weight of each, and had a few folks pushing me into keeping Fitzgerald as an obvious choice. Well, I followed my gut and went with Mixon and I've been happy with that, especially as this league slightly favors Mixon-like RBs more so than most (we do 0.5 PPR and 0.5 PPFD, point per first down, which rewards a workhorse back like Mixon slightly more than 1.0 PPR / 0 PPFD like most leagues).

Also after getting like a D rating from Yahoo on my draft analysis, I'm happy to be a top team which I think validates my genuis. I loaded up on RBs this year, snatching every decent RB I could both in the draft and free agency, and ended up with a pretty stacked backfield... Christian McCaffrey, Melvin Gordon, Joe Mixon, and Aaron Jones. My Wide receives are very weak. If I knew that FItzgerald would be a bust then I'd assume my team would be horrible as I was taking chances on all of them .. .Robert Woods, Boyd in Cincinatti, and Ridley in Atlanta, with a smattering of 4th string trash (Sterling Sheppard, Fitzgerald, etc). I'm lucky also that this season has been rough on Tight ends because my TEs of Burton and Njoku (I used to rarely carry two but in such a TE weak season, I think it's helpful) means that my shitty tight ends are squarely average to above average this year.

In my ~10 years of "serious" FF, I've only won one year and it was in the 2nd year playing.. back in like 2010, but that was before my group of friends took it as "Seriously" as we do now. So it'll be nice to have another shot this year.

Oh and my third team I'm 5-7 dogshit but I stopped worrying about that one a while ago.

Deleted member 11626

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So I need to pick 3 of: Cooks, Edelman, Boyd, Ridley and Reynolds

Cooks is a lock and at the momemt leaning towards Edelman and Ridley, any suggestions

I'd say keep Edelman out there, in PPR he's been scoring double digits for weeks now. Last spot is a bit of a toss up to me though. I think I like Josh Reynolds against Detroit more than I do Ridley against Baltimore, but that's just me. Boyd is a question mark because of the QB.

Oct 26, 2017
UK
I'd say keep Edelman out there, in PPR he's been scoring double digits for weeks now. Last spot is a bit of a toss up to me though. I think I like Josh Reynolds against Detroit more than I do Ridley against Baltimore, but that's just me. Boyd is a question mark because of the QB.

My only concern with Reynolds is I'm always a bit hesitant to start two receivers from the same team. Though with how potent the Ram's offense has been it might not be an issue, I played them both against the Chiefs and that paid off.

Deleted member 11626

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
My only concern with Reynolds is I'm always a bit hesitant to start two receivers from the same team. Though with how potent the Ram's offense has been it might not be an issue, I played them both against the Chiefs and that paid off.

Fair enough. Normally I'm not in favor of multiple eggs in one basket, but the Rams and Chiefs are safe exceptions I think. Reynolds and Everett seem to be the main beneficiaries of Kupp's unfortunate injury. In the two most recent games without Kupp, Reynolds scored 17 in 0.5 PPR. I'm just hesitant to trust Ridley since he seems like a boom or bust guy, and Baltimore still has a good defense

Tom Nook

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Need a win + a loss from an owner I'm tied with clinch a playoff spot.

Is it crazy to bench Kamara and MT? Dallas on the rise, Thursday game, 10-1 Saints might rest starters (more likely clinch the division) and give Ingram and other WRs more work.

I'm thinking using A Jones, Sony, ekler (flex), Hopkins and Thielen. STD League.

any feedback is appreciated. Thanks

Bigkrev

Oct 25, 2017
Need a win + a loss from an owner I'm tied with clinch a playoff spot.

Is it crazy to bench Kamara and MT? Dallas on the rise, Thursday game, 10-1 Saints might rest starters (more likely clinch the division) and give Ingram and other WRs more work.

I'm thinking using A Jones, Sony, ekler (flex), Hopkins and Thielen. STD League.

any feedback is appreciated. Thanks
Yes you would be fucking stupid to bench your best players going against a defense that allowed 23 points to Colt McCoy playing with 4 days notice

Deleted member 2145

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
it feels weird to say this because I'm a proponent for kickers are fucking stupid and should be done away with

but I was real glad to get butker back this morning

Oct 28, 2017
California
Need some serious help on this one in my 16-team .5 PPR league.

I need to put one in TE and Flex another one, here are my choices:

John Ross, Anthony Miller, Matt LaCosse, Chris Herndon

ryul2

Banned
Nov 5, 2017
it feels weird to say this because I'm a proponent for kickers are fucking stupid and should be done away with

but I was real glad to get butker back this morning

i'm on the #bankickers wagon

i'd honestly rather have another wr spot to set because the kicker position is just so random. I managed to pick up greg the leg in my work league when he got injured and up until then, it was a total shitshow