• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Blitzrules240

Self requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Midwest
Seasons over.

Reasoning: Started Boyd and Sutton over any combination of Drake, D.J. Moore and Dante Pettis. Antonio Brown busted. Amazingly Amari Cooper carries me into this game tonight but he got his 6 points from Cohen and Zuerlien

Oh well, still love this dumb game lol

TheeFanatic

Oct 26, 2017
Season's over for me in Taco bell league. Rolling with Rodgers was the bad choice.

I'm ahead in one and losing in another. But the one I'm losing in will be a good thing because I won't have to face that opponent again next week. But I'm not feeling Brees anymore and may take my chances with either Matty Ice or Deshaun(I just picked him up last week).
Ugh....

Heisenberg

Oct 25, 2017
I had Gordon and Conner out this week. I can thank Amari Cooper for getting me to the final round of my playoffs. I never would have guessed that trading Will Fuller for Amari Cooper right after Week 6 would get me to my fantasy championship. But he did. God, I love fantasy football.

Metalix

Oct 28, 2017
Barring Thielen getting 35 points somehow I am into the next round of the playoffs! Our 1st seed got the highest score ever in our league this week...whilst on 1st round bye lawls.

ViperVisor

Oct 29, 2017
I was a game from being in the playoffs (Thanks Le'Veon) but the week to week peaks and valleys is why I don't spend more than $50 on a league.

vacantseas

Oct 27, 2017
Up by 28 going into tonight's game. I'm done and my opponent has Lockett and Thielen going tonight. I'm feeling only ok about my chances of a win.

Corran Horn

Oct 25, 2017
Only way I survive now is if Diggs has 30+ points more than Thielen. Wonderful way to end my season thanks to Cooper and Kittle destroying me.

Deleted member 12224

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Dak. Kittle. Saquon. JuJu. Lions D/ST (Bears on bench too). Thielen and Cook haven't even played yet and I'm up by 30. Won the play-in game and posted another weekly high score, this time for the big "keep everyone interested in a bye week" prize.

Setting up nicely to crater next week against the top seed. Again. I've collected weekly high score payouts the week before having my team put out its 2nd and 3rd worst weeks overall against the top seed in two matchups so far. From 185 to 137 and 189 to 132. This time looks like another 185-190+ before playing the top seed. Third time's a charm, I hope.

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
Made the playoffs in all 4 of my leagues, and lost 3 of them by an average of 60 points. One of my opponents started Derrick Henry, George Kittle, and the Giants defense which I got promptly destroyed in.

Moppy

Oct 27, 2017
I had first round bye this week, but would've been a good week to play. At 130 right now, thanks to some standout performances from Kittle, Hilton, McCaffrey, and the Bears' defense. And that was with Gurley putting up almost nothing.

Looking like I'm playing the "Derrick Henry" guy next week in semi-finals, and that's probably the softest roster out of everyone in the playoffs right now, so hoooooopefully this keeps working out.

VoxPop

Oct 30, 2017
Going against my fantasy arch nemesis (100% loss rate against him for whatever reason) in the semis next week. Team is in ultimate struggle mode. Need the Saints to have a big Monday game against the Panthers to have a shot. PLEASEEEEEE

Mortemis

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Oh my god, I'm still high off this win. I was down by 1.8 points with Tyler Lockett starting for me at the end of the game. Chris Carson gets the touchdown, and I lost hope. Then Tyler gets the fucking 2pt conversion and I won.

Holy shit.

red_taiyaki

Oct 25, 2017
Sitting here during my first round bye with the highest waiver priority out of all the playoff teams in my league. So tempted to pickup a bunch of defenses just to block them from my opponents 🤣

natjjohn

Oct 25, 2017
Rivers on the road against the chiefs this Thursday?

OR

Big Ben at home against the Patriots on Sunday?

peppermints

Oct 25, 2017
Whelp knocked out in the first round in both my leagues..

In one league it was just a beating, didn't stand a chance.

Other league, at the last minute I swapped the Bears D for Cowboys. Got scared of the Rams offense. Cowboys got 5 DST pts, Rams 21. I lost by 15. Would have won by one if I had stuck with the Bears. Feel like a real dummy.

ryul2

Banned
Nov 5, 2017
it was like a .005% chance of making it, but officially eliminated from playoffs in my work league (and was elimiated in era league)

gg

NSA

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Made playoffs and still alive in 2/3 leagues, despite the worst luck all year.. I'm content with that. I don't think I have teams in any league to win it all.. but you never know. Backed in at 6-8 in one league, but had the 3rd highest points and 1st most points against. F me.

Man I whiffed hard this year on who I thought would be good.

VoxPop

Oct 30, 2017
Should I go with the JAGS D one last time vs WAS? or Broncos D vs CLE?

Thanks

I'm in the same dilemma.

CHI vs GB

JAX vs WAS

DEN vs CLE

My brain says just go with CHI but defensive points come mostly off turnovers which Aaron Rodger doesn't really do and I need some really big plays. They put up 14 pts against GB week 1 but that's when Rodgers got injured and Hundley (?) played most of the game.

JAX has burned me so many times this season. I've dropped them twice now only to pick them up and get burned again which is the case here. I'm thinking there's no way Sanchez does anything but Derrick the bum Henry just burned them so hard so I don't know.

I wouldn't play DEN with Chris Harris injured and Mayfield looking pretty good. Which probably means DEN def is the play to make haha.

I would probably go JAX tho..

CyrilFiggis

Nov 3, 2017
Pennsylvania
Diggs or Edelman

Aaron Jones or Mack or Gus Edwards

This week is going to be weird
Diggs has a higher ceiling but Edelman has a higher floor and has been very consistent. If you think you'll need a big day out of one I'd go Diggs but to me the safe play is Edelman. Plus NE has been quite good against PIT recently.
As for your RBs, that's a nice problem to have. I'd go with Jones (volume, receiving, and potential TD upside) - especially in PPR - but only by a hair or two over Gus.

Oct 27, 2017
Diggs has a higher ceiling but Edelman has a higher floor and has been very consistent. If you think you'll need a big day out of one I'd go Diggs but to me the safe play is Edelman. Plus NE has been quite good against PIT recently.
As for your RBs, that's a nice problem to have. I'd go with Jones (volume, receiving, and potential TD upside) - especially in PPR - but only by a hair or two over Gus.

I have Thielen and Robert Woods as my other WR, so I am looking for a bit of consistency since the Vikings have been meh recently. I am very concerned with a Packers team that is out of the playoff hunt playing an invigorated Bears D that loves bottling up runners.

OP
OP
UberTag

UberTag

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Kitchener, ON
Made playoffs and still alive in 2/3 leagues, despite the worst luck all year.. I'm content with that. I don't think I have teams in any league to win it all.. but you never know. Backed in at 6-8 in one league, but had the 3rd highest points and 1st most points against. F me.

Man I whiffed hard this year on who I thought would be good.
Sometimes that's how fantasy years play out. You either whiff hard on who you think will perform or you guess right but it doesn't matter because injuries decimate your team.

The trick is to roll with the punches, work with the hand you've been dealt and find a way to overcome the adversity. My fantasy season has been an absolute debacle and yet I'm still somehow in a decent position to make it a profitable one.

MrNewVegas

Oct 27, 2017
I need some serious help. Semis with the most muddled RB situation.

Pick 2:

D. Henry
J. Connor
Justin Jackson(Starting LAC back)
S. Ware
D. Williams
J. Wilson

I'm leaning Justin Jackson and James Connor

CyrilFiggis

Nov 3, 2017
Pennsylvania
I have Thielen and Robert Woods as my other WR, so I am looking for a bit of consistency since the Vikings have been meh recently. I am very concerned with a Packers team that is out of the playoff hunt playing an invigorated Bears D that loves bottling up runners.
I get the concern with Jones, but I still think the volume will be there since he is the bellcow back in GB. Plus, there are concerns with Gus this week. Lamar Jackson (who will get the start over Flacco) is running a bunch and Kenneth Dixon is also eating into Gus' workload. Harbaugh said Monday he expects Dixon's role to grow. And Ty Montgomery will get some touches as well. Looking like a committie in Baltimore, plus a running QB. That's a big yikes to me.

Oct 27, 2017
I get the concern with Jones, but I still think the volume will be there since he is the bellcow back in GB. Plus, there are concerns with Gus this week. Lamar Jackson (who will get the start over Flacco) is running a bunch and Kenneth Dixon is also eating into Gus' workload. Harbaugh said Monday he expects Dixon's role to grow. And Ty Montgomery will get some touches as well. Looking like a committie in Baltimore, plus a running QB. That's a big yikes to me.

I didn't know Flacco was going to be out again. I agree, a RBBC and a mobile QB is a bad position if you need 10+ points. I'll stick with Jones and hope that GB figure out the Bears D. Thanks

CyrilFiggis

Nov 3, 2017
Pennsylvania
I didn't know Flacco was going to be out again. I agree, a RBBC and a mobile QB is a bad position if you need 10+ points. I'll stick with Jones and hope that GB figure out the Bears D. Thanks
Flacco actually will be active, but Harbaugh is sticking with Jackson. And from what I gather Joe will be a straight-up backup QB, not splitting snaps with him as some thought might happen when he came back.
You're welcome. Good luck!

Haruko

Oct 25, 2017
Can't believe I may be starting Justin Jackson and Damien Williams tomorrow in the semifinals.

Lost Emmanuel Sanders and Ekeler recently. Hoping MG3 sits another week or two.

Metalix

Oct 28, 2017
Hmm, replaced Wentz with Cousins, it's in God's hands now.

Debating sitting Jones given Gurley couldn't do anything against the Bears last weekend however I only have a patchwork of middling RBs to replace him with - Carson, Ingram or Mack. Bet Green Bay can perform better in the cold than LA, too...

OP
OP
UberTag

UberTag

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Kitchener, ON
Hmm, replaced Wentz with Cousins, it's in God's hands now.

Debating sitting Jones given Gurley couldn't do anything against the Bears last weekend however I only have a patchwork of middling RBs to replace him with - Carson, Ingram or Mack. Bet Green Bay can perform better in the cold than LA, too...
Those RBs aren't so middling compared to Jones. Carson especially should have a comparable day against the 49ers run D after his 22 touches last week provided that Wilson doesn't torpedo the Seachickens offense.

bshock

Self-requested permanent ban
Banned
Nov 3, 2017
Need Kamara and Fornette back on track to have any shot at winning this week, currently down 35. Monster team all year in the top 96% on ESPN and the bottom falls out last week.

Deleted member 12224

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Top seed opponent is down Conner, Kerryon, and AJ, and if Gordon plays he loses all value from Gordon's backup as a fill in.

Fuck I better win and not post a third dud score against this dude.

spyder_ur

Oct 25, 2017
Alright, need some tips for my fantasy playoffs - one final, one semi. Been hit by this rash of injuries, but many teams have.

League 1 (14 team half point PPR, standard otherwise except 1/25 kick and punt return yards) : Starting Fournette, McCaffrey, Cooper for sure. I need a WR and another flex out of this group: Golladay, Lockett, Damien Williams (who I'd need to play tonight). Leaning towards Golladay and Williams.

League 2 (half point PPR, 1/25 KR and PR yards): This one's a bit trickier. Starting Fournette, Cooper, T. Hill, and Beckham (assuming they all play). I need a RB out of the following choices: Damien Williams tonight, or wait until Sunday where I have Connor (if he plays) and Michel as backup.

Just glad I have Mahomes in both leagues.

Smurf

Oct 25, 2017
Alright, need some tips for my fantasy playoffs - one final, one semi. Been hit by this rash of injuries, but many teams have.

League 1 (14 team half point PPR, standard otherwise except 1/25 kick and punt return yards) : Starting Fournette, McCaffrey, Cooper for sure. I need a WR and another flex out of this group: Golladay, Lockett, Damien Williams (who I'd need to play tonight). Leaning towards Golladay and Williams.

League 2 (half point PPR, 1/25 KR and PR yards): This one's a bit trickier. Starting Fournette, Cooper, T. Hill, and Beckham (assuming they all play). I need a RB out of the following choices: Damien Williams tonight, or wait until Sunday where I have Connor (if he plays) and Michel as backup.

Just glad I have Mahomes in both leagues.
I would only play Williams if Ware is out.

BurtonGuster

Oct 26, 2017
If Gordon's out my starting Rb's will be D Williams and Gus edwards this week..ehhhh. 1st place in regular season and looking like im screwed because of injuries. Hoping for a miricle, same to all fellow Gordon owners/teams plagued by injury!