• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Blitzrules240

Self requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Midwest
WOOHOO, I may not have made it to the Championship of my league of record but I AM IN THE CHAMPIONSHIP OF THE 14 TEAM GIANTBOMB ESPN LEAGUE!

Fuck yeah!

I owe the Falcons defense a beer lol.

Oct 25, 2017
Finals baby.

Kamara got his touchdown.
Cam didn't do shit.

My coworker spent the day gloating, literally said in a meeting that he beat me, because he was up by 10 and had Cam and said Kamara wouldn't do much with Ingram there.

Tomorrow is gonna be fun.

OP
OP
UberTag

UberTag

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Kitchener, ON
Congrats to everyone collecting a big payday this week.
The fantasy promise land awaits for you all on Christmas Eve night.
Hopefully Santa has a fantasy Super Bowl trophy for your stocking instead of that runner-up lump of coal.

BurtonGuster

Oct 26, 2017
In the finals! Won by 1 pt..unbelievable. Yesterday I learned stats don't count on 2-pt conversions or else that pick Brees threw would've been -2 and a loss.

I finished the regular season in first and im playing the second place team. Could've called this from week 6 lol

YaBish

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Holy shit I won by .1 points in the losers bracket. Thanks Drew Brees and Curtis Samuels!

EJS

The Fallen - Self Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I tied the guy but had more bench points so I am moving on to the finals. Holy shit. Thank you McCaffrey!

Oct 25, 2017
Alright folks,
I'm in the finals for my work league up against a guy who never shuts up about crossfit and how great he is at sports so I really want to win this one and need advice!

QB
Trubisky or Watson? Or try someone else on the wire?

TE
TE has been shit for me all year, but was able to pick up Samuels. If Conner is back is Samuels still viable for points?

WR
TY Hilton, Dante Pettis, Curtis Samuel, and I might be able to pick up Robby Anderson as well off the wire. What two do I go with?

Thanks!

VoxPop

Oct 30, 2017
Damn missed the finals by 6.5 pts. If I had played Goff over Brees or any ofy bench players really I would have made it. Waste of a season :T

Good luck to everyone who are still in it!

Smurf

Oct 25, 2017
Alright folks,
I'm in the finals for my work league up against a guy who never shuts up about crossfit and how great he is at sports so I really want to win this one and need advice!

QB
Trubisky or Watson? Or try someone else on the wire?

TE
TE has been shit for me all year, but was able to pick up Samuels. If Conner is back is Samuels still viable for points?

WR
TY Hilton, Dante Pettis, Curtis Samuel, and I might be able to pick up Robby Anderson as well off the wire. What two do I go with?

Thanks!
Watson is the better play, if Conner is back don't think you can trust Samuels, but the TE land is so ass right now you might not have another option.

Haruko

Oct 25, 2017
If Goff's pass to Reynolds would have stood as a TD, or if his next play (pass to Gurley) would have scored instead of the following Gurley rush, i'd be in the finals defending my 2-time championship. Alternatively, I could have just started Wilson. Ugh.

Going to be a tough 3rd place match to get my money back (against the #1 seed who gets MG3 and possibly Ware back)

CyrilFiggis

Nov 3, 2017
Pennsylvania
In the Championship after starting 0-4. Finished the season winning 10 of the last 11 (incl. playoffs). Let's keep this train rolling one more week and get some $$$! (Winner takes all).

Hoping to score Jamaal Williams on waivers and will slot him right in as an RB. All my other RBs have questions at the moment:
- Conner may return, but Samuels may have earned himself some meaningful snaps
- Ware may return, but Williams will probably eat into his carries
- Coleman should feast with Ito Smith out, but it sounds like ATL wants to try out another RB (Brian Hill?) and Coleman will probably walk in free agency anyways so why not
- Breida may be out again, but Wilson would be up against the CHI defense which doesn't inspire much hope
- Sadly can't trust AP on a busted offense anymore...

Solid at other positions, though. Davante Adams and Julian Edelman are a great 1-2 punch for WRs, and Kelce speaks for himself. Gonna stick with Russel Wilson and as long as Foles is under center I think I might pop Alshon back in as a flex. As for D/ST: the Titans D against Washington seems like a solid play.

Good luck, people!

EJS

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I am going to have Jamal Williams, McCaffrey, Lindsay, and David Johnson at RB. I know I start McAff but who do you guys run with for the other in a PPR league? Lindsay has definitely missed Sanders in that offense and DJ has been very lukewarm this year. Williams seems like a good play but I am weary of starting GB backs.

Also, if Odell is playing, do I start him?

Deleted member 2145

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
so I lost but I'm in the championship game? I think I played a team who didn't pay so their team got frozen but they somehow ended up in the playoffs anyway?

I have no idea. I'm glad I checked my league just for shits and giggles I wasn't even going to look at my lineup after losing

I am so confused right now

Smurf

Oct 25, 2017
so I lost but I'm in the championship game? I think I played a team who didn't pay so their team got frozen but they somehow ended up in the playoffs anyway?

I have no idea. I'm glad I checked my league just for shits and giggles I wasn't even going to look at my lineup after losing

I am so confused right now
ESPN is acting strange today. Some players points are missing from their previous matchup, we had a change on the championship teams in one of my leagues too.

Deleted member 2145

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
ESPN is acting strange today. Some players points are missing from their previous matchup, we had a change on the championship teams in one of my leagues too.

yeah it's weird, it shows on my main team page that I won the last match up 85-82 but when I click to see the match up I lost 89-94

I set my line up but hopefully espn figures this out, it'd suck if someone lost out on a chance to win our league because of that

OP
OP
UberTag

UberTag

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Kitchener, ON
Also, if Odell is playing, do I start him?
If Odell is out there, you play him barring a totally stacked roster.

That said, I don't expect him to play this week and suspect he'll be ruled out for Week 16 sometime later today or tomorrow at the absolute latest. (It's a road trip to Indy so it'll be self-evident once he doesn't travel with the rest of the team.)

EJS

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
If Odell is out there, you play him barring a totally stacked roster.

That said, I don't expect him to play this week and suspect he'll be ruled out for Week 16 sometime later today or tomorrow at the absolute latest. (It's a road trip to Indy so it'll be self-evident once he doesn't travel with the rest of the team.)
Fair. I appreciate the post but what about my RBs lol. And is Alshon worth starting over Diggs?

OP
OP
UberTag

UberTag

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Kitchener, ON
Fair. I appreciate the post but what about my RBs lol. And is Alshon worth starting over Diggs?
Start Alshon over Diggs. Jeffery has a genuine connection with Foles and Darius Slay should be all over Diggs on Sunday. As for your RBs, you can't bench Lindsay against the hapless Raiders even with his recent downturn. He ate up Oakland for over 100 yards earlier this season. Be happy you stashed Jamaal Williams and kept him from your opponent.

EJS

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Start Alshon over Diggs. Jeffery has a genuine connection with Foles and Darius Slay should be all over Diggs on Sunday. As for your RBs, you can't bench Lindsay against the hapless Raiders even with his recent downturn. He ate up Oakland for over 100 yards earlier this season. Be happy you stashed Jamaal Williams and kept him from your opponent.
We think alike. Last question, would you flex David Johnson over Jeffrey? I am leaning to 'no' because DJ has been lackluster this year and it's the Rams.

natjjohn

Oct 25, 2017
Here are my backs and I can start four. PPR and .2 points per carry. Who would you start:

Gurley
Mccafrey
Cohen
Mack
Michel
Jamaal Williams
Elijah McGuire

I've been running the first three for most of the year with Mack and Michel mixing in.

Right now have the first three with Mack, but worried bears will shut down the niners turning it into a Howard game. Generally, ride with who you got there with but would it be cute to bench Cohen and go Mack and Michel. Have a feeling Michel will get fed the rock a lot against the Bills.

abellwillring

Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
4MysX7h.png

Any thoughts for my title game? Buffalo apparently has given up the fewest points to QBs this season. Goff has been really poor lately, but I feel like given the circumstances he is still the right play.

I hate to leave out Cooks but Williams probably demands to be played. Obviously if Deandre can't go, I'd swap him. This is a PPR league.

Edit: Updated pic.

Last edited:

Servbot24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Here's my championship matchup. I'm on the left. I could consider Elijah McGuire off waivers but will probably stick with White and Cohen.

0yVGWTh.png

EJS

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Here's my championship matchup. I'm on the left. I could consider Elijah McGuire off waivers but will probably stick with White and Cohen.

0yVGWTh.png

I feel like your opponent is doing you a solid by starting Mitch over Rivers at home. I know Baltimore is better than San Fran but Rivers is getting Allen and maybe Gordon? back.

Also be like me and start Jeffrey.

Smurf

Oct 25, 2017
Here are my backs and I can start four. PPR and .2 points per carry. Who would you start:

Gurley
Mccafrey
Cohen
Mack
Michel
Jamaal Williams
Elijah McGuire

I've been running the first three for most of the year with Mack and Michel mixing in.

Right now have the first three with Mack, but worried bears will shut down the niners turning it into a Howard game. Generally, ride with who you got there with but would it be cute to bench Cohen and go Mack and Michel. Have a feeling Michel will get fed the rock a lot against the Bills.
Full PPR I don't think you can bench Chohen. I would play Gurley/CMC/Cohen/Mack and add Michel later is Gurley is out.

4MysX7h.png

Any thoughts for my title game? Buffalo apparently has given up the fewest points to QBs this season. Goff has been really poor lately, but I feel like given the circumstances he is still the right play.

I hate to leave out Cooks but Williams probably demands to be played. Obviously if Deandre can't go, I'd swap him. This is a PPR league.

Edit: Updated pic.
I would play Goff over Brady. I know he's been ass, but this should be a get right game for him and Brady hasn't been reliable either.

JJH

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I've been going back and forth all week on who to start at QB. Dak against TB or Rivers against BAL? It's my championship, standard scoring.

Mortemis

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Made it to the championship game, and of course I lose Aaron Jones, Gurley may not play, and Brady loses Gordon.

Back to back years losing in the championship in this league I guess. :(

Maxim726x

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Made it to the championship game, and of course I lose Aaron Jones, Gurley may not play, and Brady loses Gordon.

Back to back years losing in the championship in this league I guess. :(

Have Gurley in my championship as well... Was lucky enough to pick up Williams on waivers. BUT also have Lamar Miller who is questionable... Are you gonna pick up Anderson? I was considering it. I would have to drop Michel, but I don't trust any Patriots RB in the championship game, and he's not a keeper... What to do...

Mortemis

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Have Gurley in my championship as well... Was lucky enough to pick up Williams on waivers. BUT also have Lamar Miller who is questionable... Are you gonna pick up Anderson? I was considering it. I would have to drop Michel, but I don't trust any Patriots RB in the championship game, and he's not a keeper... What to do...

I also have Lamar Miller. :(

Yeah, I picked up Anderson. With two running backs probably out and Miller possibly out, I could use as much running backs as I could get.

OP
OP
UberTag

UberTag

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Kitchener, ON
Would you drop Michel for Anderson?

I feel like Anderson would get more touches/opportunities.
I wouldn't be opposed to the idea of "dropping" Michel for Anderson (if only to keep him from your opponent)... but you're going to need to have contingency plans in play for the late games. There's no guarantee that Gurley is out or that Anderson even plays. Frankly, I still think Todd plays... they've been pretty clear all week that he wouldn't be practicing and it's not worth risking putting Anderson or Kelly in your lineup if he does.

grang

Nov 13, 2017
So I somehow stumbled into a wealth of RB for this championship. Starting Gordon tonight and then need two of

Mark Ingram v Pit
Jaylen Samuels v NO
Jamaal Williams v NYJ
CJ Anderson v Ari

Leaning Samuels and Williams but what if Gurley sits?

Also would I be insane to start Robert Foster over Keenan Allen...

Smurf

Oct 25, 2017
So I somehow stumbled into a wealth of RB for this championship. Starting Gordon tonight and then need two of

Mark Ingram v Pit
Jaylen Samuels v NO
Jamaal Williams v NYJ
CJ Anderson v Ari

Leaning Samuels and Williams but what if Gurley sits?

Also would I be insane to start Robert Foster over Keenan Allen...
I wouldn't start Anderson over Williams/Samuels even if Gurley sits. We can't be sure of the volume and I'm not willing to find out in the championship game.

The WR I legit don't know, I might have to play Foster if Julio is out, but I'm not feeling great about it.

EJS

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
This is the lineup I am going with in a PPR league championship:

Brees
McCaffrey
Lindsay
Tyreek
Alshon
Cook
David Johnson
Browns D
Dallas K

Sitting Diggs and Jamal Williams and Houston D. My gut says starting Jeffrey over Diggs is the right move. I am not ready to ride DJ all year and sit him for Jamal Williams but the potential is there. That's the only move I'm contemplating.