• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
OP
OP
UberTag

UberTag

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Kitchener, ON
Also would I be insane to start Robert Foster over Keenan Allen...
If Allen gets a clean bill of health tonight? Yes, that would be insane.
Is the Dolphins defense worth a start against Jacksonville?
Easily. Miami is at home and they don't have Kessler throwing the ball as their quarterback.
I have to choose between Rivers or Cousins.
This is more of a dart throw situation. Rivers has a safe floor even in bad matchups but it's justified to second guess him if Allen doesn't play.

I don't think I could roll with Cousins given how Detroit manhandled him the last time they played and the recent offensive coordinator change for the Vikings muddies things further. They look to have shifted over to a strictly rushing-oriented offence similar to the Ravens under Jackson. I would expect more of the same this week.

hom3land

Oct 27, 2017
Can't believe I made it! But no OBJ and JuJu I'm stressing at WR Here's my current line up

Luck
R. Anderson
Alshon
Mack
CMC
Ertz
Samuels
Lutz
Indy

I have Callaway on the bench that I can substitute over Anderson or alshon.

Good luck to all that are still in the end game

Also someone tell me I'm crazy thinking of sitting ertz.. since Wentz went down ertz hasn't done much the past few weeks

Last edited:

spyder_ur

Oct 25, 2017
Have a lineup question, though Ware being doubtful makes it easier for me.

Locked in, I have Mahomes, McCaffrey, Damien Williams, Cooper, and Bears D. I need 1 WR and 1 flex from the following: Fournette, Lockett, Golladay, Jamaal Williams. .5 PPR.

Currently leaning towards Fournette and Lockett.

Also have to decide between Burton and Ian Thomas - leaning towards Burton but no great choice there.

manzoman96

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

Locked in, I have Mahomes, McCaffrey, Damien Williams, Cooper, and Bears D. I need 1 WR and 1 flex from the following: Fournette, Lockett, Golladay, Jamaal Williams. .5 PPR.

Also have to decide between Burton and Ian Thomas - leaning towards Burton but no great choice there.
Fournette is hard to trust but he has the talent.

Also looking for some advice here. I need to start 2 of either Melvin Gordon, Damien Williams, or Jaylen Samuels, no PPR. Torn who to go with.

Edit: Also deciding between Gordon and Williams in a second league. Gordon has been my guy but playing Ravens D and coming off injury plus Williams performance last week has me wondering.

Oct 25, 2017
Fournette is hard to trust but he has the talent.

Also looking for some advice here. I need to start 2 of either Melvin Gordon, Damien Williams, or Jaylen Samuels, no PPR. Torn who to go with.

Edit: Also deciding between Gordon and Williams in a second league. Gordon has been my guy but playing Ravens D and coming off injury plus Williams performance last week has me wondering.
Well you have less than an hour to decide lol. I'm stuck with a tough choice too. Risk it with Keenan Allen or go with Mike Williams. I could also play both and take out Tyler Lockett, but that seems like a poor choice.

Your choice is a lot harder than mine and I feel like it's kind of a coin flip. I'd play Williams for sure, but between Gordon and Samuels that's tough. Think I'd have to go with Gordon. Dude is just too good.

red_taiyaki

Oct 25, 2017
I'm on mixed feelings about that garbage time pick 6 by Butler. On one hand it's classless but as someone who started them during the championship game of their home league...HECK YES!

Moppy

Oct 27, 2017
Oh god, Gurley's gonna be a game-time decision with the Rams leaning sit him? Bluuuuugggghhhhh.

Think I'll have to start Mixon to be safe since they play at 10 while the Rams don't play til 1.

OP
OP
UberTag

UberTag

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Kitchener, ON
Oh god, Gurley's gonna be a game-time decision with the Rams leaning sit him? Bluuuuugggghhhhh.

Think I'll have to start Mixon to be safe since they play at 10 while the Rams don't play til 1.
Just to help make things easier for those of you weighing Gurley decisions, here's a link to a thread highlighting some of the potential flex-worthy waiver options from the late games you may want to entertain if holding out on Gurley to the bitter end in hopes that he'll play.

Incidentally, I don't think the Rams are leaning "sit him" so much as they're leaning towards caution in the event that the knee inflammation has him at less than 100% and/or susceptible to being re-aggravated. They've done everything in their power to rest his knee this week to get him primed to play Arizona.

Moppy

Oct 27, 2017
Just to help make things easier for those of you weighing Gurley decisions, here's a link to a thread highlighting some of the potential flex-worthy waiver options from the late games you may want to entertain if holding out on Gurley to the bitter end in hopes that he'll play.

Incidentally, I don't think the Rams are leaning "sit him" so much as they're leaning towards caution in the event that the knee inflammation has him at less than 100% and/or susceptible to being re-aggravated. They've done everything in their power to rest his knee this week to get him primed to play Arizona.

Yeah, I went ahead and picked up Anderson, just indecisive about pulling the ripcord and starting Mixon instead, haha. I think I'd still lean Mixon over Anderson, but I'd do Gurley over both. :\

Smurf

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I went ahead and picked up Anderson, just indecisive about pulling the ripcord and starting Mixon instead, haha. I think I'd still lean Mixon over Anderson, but I'd do Gurley over both. :\
I would go ahead and play Mixon tbh. Even if Gurley plays, we don't know the volume he'll get. This should be an easy game for the Rams and by the looks of it, the team doesn't want to take risks, so I legit don't see him getting over 15 touches.

Now, he can do a lot even in a limited role and he has a pretty good shot at a TD, but I don't see him having a huge week to make the risk of having to start Anderson over Mixon worthwhile.

Moppy

Oct 27, 2017
I would go ahead and play Mixon tbh. Even if Gurley plays, we don't know the volume he'll get. This should be an easy game for the Rams and by the looks of it, the team doesn't want to take risks, so I legit don't see him getting over 15 touches.

Now, he can do a lot even in a limited role and he has a pretty good shot at a TD, but I don't see him having a huge week to make the risk of having to start Anderson over Mixon worthwhile.

Yeah, I'm gonna go ahead and do Mixon. Like you said, even if Gurley was a go, it'd be weird to give him a huge workload in a game that doesn't mean much.

spyder_ur

Oct 25, 2017

Locked in, I have Mahomes, McCaffrey, Damien Williams, Cooper, and Bears D. I need 1 WR and 1 flex from the following: Fournette, Lockett, Golladay, Jamaal Williams. .5 PPR with 1/25 KR/PR yards.

Still having a tough time with the above, and still leaning Lockett (in hopefully a semi-shootout) and Fournette. I could play Jamaal Williams over Fournette and Golladay over Lockett.

Somnia

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
So a bunch of us decided to start a new Dynasty league, still voting on the rules, but sounds like we'll be doing QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, TE, 2 FLEX (not super). 18 bench spots, 4 IR.

I'm in a dynasty league already, but I took over for someone, this will be the first time I ever do a dynasty draft. I have NO idea what to do haha

Oct 25, 2017
Gurley player here.
Should I wait to see if he plays and play Breida if he's out OR switch him out right now for Jamaal Williams?

spyder_ur

Oct 25, 2017
I don't envy those of you with Gurley decisions. I don't think there's any way you can bench him if he plays, but the late game makes it really difficult.

OP
OP
UberTag

UberTag

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Kitchener, ON
I'm legitimately debating subbing in Nick Foles for Josh Allen in the next 30 minutes. My fatalistic Bills fan tendencies are trying to deter me from rolling with Allen thinking that Belichick will invariably have a gameplan to thwart him.

Moppy

Oct 27, 2017
The game actually means quite a bit. The belief is just that this should be an easy layup win for the Rams given their talent disparity over Arizona.

Yeah totally, just meant not meaning much in terms of potentially injuring/further injuring your star RB right before the playoffs.

I'm legitimately debating subbing in Nick Foles for Josh Allen in the next 30 minutes. My fatalistic Bills fan tendencies are trying to deter me from rolling with Allen thinking that Belichick will invariably have a gameplan to thwart him.

Gooooooootta go Allen though, right? That's tough. I feel for you, homie.

OP
OP
UberTag

UberTag

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Kitchener, ON
Gooooooootta go Allen though, right? That's tough. I feel for you, homie.
Sticking with my Allen-Foster block because I need high ceiling plays to counter my opponent.

Just worried about having my fantasy hopes go up in smoke thanks to the Bills underachieving to the Patriots. Those losses are hard enough without heavy fantasy stakes involved. I play fantasy to have an outlet to enjoy the NFL independent of my Bills fandom. Circumstances have led to them intertwining this season, however. (I almost never roster Buffalo players.)

If the early games go sour, I have some late game desperation dart throw plays I can trot out in the form of John Kelly and Tre'Quan Smith in place of my safe floor plays of Tarik Cohen and Larry Fitzgerald / DaeSean Hamilton. Hoping it won't come to that, though. The majority of my opponent's fantasy stock won't get unleashed until the Kansas City-Seattle game as he's got both Mahomes and Carson poised to be unleashed.

Oct 25, 2017
Here we go.

Playing Lindsay, Kamara, Damien Williams and Nick Chubb.

Benching Jaylen Samuels, Tarik Cohen and Jamaal Williams.

Benched Gronk for Evan Engram so Gronk should have a good game.

Stefon Diggs is probably my riskiest play.

Moppy

Oct 27, 2017
I play fantasy to have an outlet to enjoy the NFL independent of my Bills fandom. Circumstances have led to them intertwining this season, however. (I almost never roster Buffalo players.)

Yeah, the swings the Bills make week to week seem wild, and I'm not even a fan. Bills/Patriots history would make it extra rough, I'm sure.

TheeFanatic

Oct 26, 2017
So since i got bounced from playoffs last week i decided to mess around with my lineup this and did a lot of changes to it this week.
Last week starting roster (Note: Melvin Gordon and Conner were hurt)
Brees
Theilen
Hilton
Kamara
Carson
Kelce
A. Cooper
T. Cohen
Bears D and Tucker. Total pt:50

This week roster
Mayfield
McGuire
Kamara
Adam Humphries
Roddy Anderson
Samuels
Carson
Gordon
Titans D and Tucker. Currently at 65 pts.

Gotta love fantasy football!!

Oct 25, 2017
Regretting the last second benching of Jamaal Williams for Damien, but we'll see how the latter's game turns out.

Really glad I benched Gronk tho.

OP
OP
UberTag

UberTag

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Kitchener, ON
Sticking with my Allen-Foster block because I need high ceiling plays to counter my opponent.
Anyone else start Foles today?

I'm feeling awfully sick right about now. Damn it all... that was a $300 bad decision.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
I'm still projected to win by 16, but man, I'm kicking myself for benching Jamaal Williams. This could easily turn around and watch that last second change be the thing that bites me.

Also Zuerlein, what's going on out there? I need double digits from you. You're not supposed to miss.

Maxim726x

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
CJ Anderson! On track to outperfom Gurley's projected... I was able to pick up Williams on waivers too. Feeling good.

Oct 27, 2017
With that last TD by Antonio Brown and the burst of receptions by George Kittle, I've most likely locked up the championship, barring a nuclear performance from Kelce. I only play in one paid league this year with Yahoo randoms, but I was engaged the entire season, despite making no trades at all. I'll gladly that that $160 winnings.

This year I've finally become a Zero RB convert. Not full-on mind you; I drafted Mixon in the 3rd and Kenyan Drake in the 4th, but I'm going to continue to look for stud WRs early and often. Too much turmoil in the top RB ranks. Not that I'd hit on a stud like Kittle late in every draft, but actively playing the wire will get me into the playoff more often than not.

Just wanted to breath a sigh of relief and gloat a little bit :)

hom3land

Oct 27, 2017
I know I'm looking good but first time in the championship and nervous as hell.. up by 45 but opponent has kelce and Williams playing tonight.. there's only so many points to go around... They both can't get 25+ right?