• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

grang

Nov 13, 2017
For what it's worth, the other day AB posted a shot of the bottom of his feet on instagram and they were covered in gnarly looking blisters. Could very well be related to that rather than a sprain or bone issue.

grang

Nov 13, 2017
Duke Johnson Jr traded to the Texans. Great pickup for them. I know Miller is consistent but I'm gonna reach a bit for Duke in all leagues.

Also just in real life terms, what a get for Houston. Fills one of the only holes on O they had. If Fuller can stay healthy, that's a scary group of skill players.

OP
OP
Smurf

Smurf

Oct 25, 2017
Duke is an intriguing option for sure, but at the same time with Nuk, Fuller, and Coutee healthy I'm not sure how much we can trust him.

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
I can't remember a season when the Browns were a joke that Duke ever did anything noteworthy. Only once did he have a season with over 1,000 total yards from scrimmage. I think he's going to be a 3rd stringer at best.

Coolduderedux

Oct 25, 2017
Do we do a fantasy league around here? I'd love to take part in it. Started a new job last year and nobody cared there and they don't care now.

PillarEN

Oct 25, 2017
Started listening to the Fantasy Pros football podcast. Fun to hear some football talk even though aside from some of the basic tips and speculation it all seems kinda pointless as various people will get injured, others will surprise in team depth charts. Almost seems pointless to even worry about anything until the week of your draft to just quickly summarize who is injured/holding out/suspended/will break out/will take a backseat. Hell the only thing I will need is some chart to know who are the running back cuffs. Everything else you can almost wing the day of the draft by just having the fantasypros rankings sheet open in a side tab.
Guess I just miss regular season football and anything will beat the Skip Bayless and Stephen A Smith type of drama talk shows I often see on Fox/ESPN.

gimmmick

Nov 26, 2017
Started listening to the Fantasy Pros football podcast. Fun to hear some football talk even though aside from some of the basic tips and speculation it all seems kinda pointless as various people will get injured, others will surprise in team depth charts. Almost seems pointless to even worry about anything until the week of your draft to just quickly summarize who is injured/holding out/suspended/will break out/will take a backseat. Hell the only thing I will need is some chart to know who are the running back cuffs. Everything else you can almost wing the day of the draft by just having the fantasypros rankings sheet open in a side tab.
Guess I just miss regular season football and anything will beat the Skip Bayless and Stephen A Smith type of drama talk shows I often see on Fox/ESPN.

They are my favorite fantasy football podcast.

Metalix

Oct 28, 2017
Drunk drafted on Saturday after determining the order through numerous shots, went 7th in a 14 (!) person PPR league, snake draft:

1. Deandre Hopkins
2. Damien Williams
3. Aaron Jones
4. Josh Jacobs
5. Allen Robinson
6. Baker Mayfield
7. Christian Kirk
8. Geronimo Allison
9. Austin Hooper
10. Desean Jackson
11. N'Keal Harry
12. Chris Thompson
13. Duke Johnson
14. Giovani Bernard
15. Quincy Enunwa

Reasonably happy, not entirely sold on Hooper as TE but that far down the list grows thin, what can you do?

Had to cut Jackson & Enunwa already to pick up DEF/kicker.

OP
OP
Smurf

Smurf

Oct 25, 2017
Drunk drafted on Saturday after determining the order through numerous shots, went 7th in a 14 (!) person PPR league, snake draft:

1. Deandre Hopkins
2. Damien Williams
3. Aaron Jones
4. Josh Jacobs
5. Allen Robinson
6. Baker Mayfield
7. Christian Kirk
8. Geronimo Allison
9. Austin Hooper
10. Desean Jackson
11. N'Keal Harry
12. Chris Thompson
13. Duke Johnson
14. Giovani Bernard
15. Quincy Enunwa

Reasonably happy, not entirely sold on Hooper as TE but that far down the list grows thin, what can you do?

That's a nice roster. I personally wouldn't have gone for Baker on the 6th or Hooper on the 9th, but otherwise, I like your picks.

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017

1. Deandre Hopkins
2. Damien Williams
3. Aaron Jones
4. Josh Jacobs
5. Allen Robinson
6. Baker Mayfield
7. Christian Kirk
8. Geronimo Allison
9. Austin Hooper
10. Desean Jackson
11. N'Keal Harry
12. Chris Thompson
13. Duke Johnson
14. Giovani Bernard
15. Quincy Enunwa

Lot of risk with your rbs tbh. They have upside but williams, jones, and jacobs are either going to be huge for you or let you down completely. Kirk is a good get in the 7th and allison is great as well. Your depth in a 14 person league is rather solid with some nice hand cuffs with upside (duke was a great pick at that spot). Sucks you had to drop your 10th for a defense but what are you gonna do.

OP
OP
Smurf

Smurf

Oct 25, 2017
I made a Sleeper account because of all the good word of mouth......but it's not user-friendly at all I don't know what the fuck I'm doing LMAO
oh yeah, I was lost when I first started using it. Just go to the channels tab and make sure you're subbed to the alerts channel, that's the only one I leave notifications on

Metalix

Oct 28, 2017
That's a nice roster. I personally wouldn't have gone for Baker on the 6th or Hooper on the 9th, but otherwise, I like your picks.

Hah, thinking back Baker was reactionary, I was irritated that 6th picker snatched Deshaun right before me in that round.

Lot of risk with your rbs tbh.

Same thing happened last year not by choice! Had Mack, Jones & Carson (who turned out great tbf) as RB workhorses, did make the final though (albeit from snatching Chubb off the wire)!

Corran Horn

Oct 25, 2017
I made a Sleeper account because of all the good word of mouth......but it's not user-friendly at all I don't know what the fuck I'm doing LMAO
It takes a bit but it's so useful. Once the season starts I get so many good notifications before anyone else on my league, also once you draft you can get alerts about specific players etc. FantasyLife app does alerts too, I use it too sometimes. I'm also crazy and get alerts about all the things lol.

Tom Nook

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Sleeper is a great tool.

I set up my notifcations to recieve only "Breaking News" and "Hype" news. You can turn off the minor news.

Oct 28, 2017
California
Thanks guys, what confused me was trying to do a custom mock draft, I got so lost lol guess I'll just fiddle around with it.

Looks like I should at least use sleeper for the alerts.

Blitzrules240

Self requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Midwest
I have a draft Friday and Saturday.

I'll probably forgo kicker and defense this early in the preseason

One is a no buy in league so I might just get nutty with that one.

Matrix Monkey

Dec 30, 2017
What site has a good draft app that you can set custom scoring? I usually make my own VBD draft sheets but I'm getting too old for that.

Also looking for weekly lineup features and I have an auction draft this year.

I've used Rotoworld forever but wanted to change things up this year.

natjjohn

Oct 25, 2017
What site has a good draft app that you can set custom scoring? I usually make my own VBD draft sheets but I'm getting too old for that.

Also looking for weekly lineup features and I have an auction draft this year.

I've used Rotoworld forever but wanted to change things up this year.

Footballguys draft dominator. Have been using and I like it.

Blitzrules240

Self requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Midwest
Dammit so I was set on getting Kamara at 3 but a guy just traded up to get 1st overall and he's in love with Kamara so now I'm probably looking at CMC or Zeke...

It's gotta be CMC right?

OP
OP
Smurf

Smurf

Oct 25, 2017
Dammit so I was set on getting Kamara at 3 but a guy just traded up to get 1st overall and he's in love with Kamara so now I'm probably looking at CMC or Zeke...

It's gotta be CMC right?
what's the scoring? Also, I'm not touching Zeke right now with any top5 pick until he shows up for camp.

Last edited:

Blitzrules240

Self requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Midwest

Flex1212

Jul 12, 2019
My draft is next weekend - 4th pick. Is Zeke going to show up or do I need to look elsewhere? Honestly I am not thrilled with the wr's that I could get here. I feel the guys I can get in the 2nd are pretty close to what I am getting here. If Zeke is still holding out and the other big 3 rb's go off the board I may take Mahomes. Guys is a freak.

OP
OP
Smurf

Smurf

Oct 25, 2017
Full point PPR. I really can't lose with CMC or Saquon but I'm pretty sure I'm getting CMC.

Little concerned about these reports he might lose goal line work but I'm sure he'll make up for it with his receptions.
we could see a TD regression but he should be at least close to double digits TDs

My draft is next weekend - 4th pick. Is Zeke going to show up or do I need to look elsewhere? Honestly I am not thrilled with the wr's that I could get here. I feel the guys I can get in the 2nd are pretty close to what I am getting here. If Zeke is still holding out and the other big 3 rb's go off the board I may take Mahomes. Guys is a freak.
Depending on the scoring, I'm going either David Johnson or Nuk there.

TangoTango

Oct 30, 2017
You're thinking of taking Mahomes with the number 4 pick??

Flex1212

Jul 12, 2019
You're thinking of taking Mahomes with the number 4 pick??

Yeah in my scoring system he was like 150 points better than the next QB. In all of the mocks I have done the WR's in round 2 who come to me (one of Tyreek Hill, Juju or Evans is always there) and they were close or better last year than Nuk. I'll prob just take Zeke and pray as I am a RB heavy drafter.

Also the guy drafting ahead of me is a Cowboy fan so I may luck out.

DarthWalden

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Really disappointed that Evan Silvas top 150 is behind a 30$ pay wall now. That list was always super helpful and guided me to back to back championships but I don't know if I can justify paying 30$ for a draft kit when my total buyin is only 100$

Squall ASF

Oct 29, 2017
Good lord ESPN's email system is a mess right now. I've come to find out that a bunch of managers in my leagues didn't receive my league messages at all and didn't even know I reactivated the league until one of the few people that did get them let them know... Now I'm having to replace a couple managers but they don't get the invite emails and one of them needs to reset their password but doesn't get the confirmation email with the verification code from ESPN to do it...lol what a mess. Having him contact support and I think I have an alternate invite method that might work but yeesh! Now I doubt many will pay before the draft. Sigh.

gimmmick

Nov 26, 2017
My home league is drafting Sunday afternoon and I'm undecided on who to have my keeper for this season.

Saquon at 1:10 or Chubb at 12:01

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
CMC is worthy of 1st overall
absolutely.

This would be an absolutely awful decision. You draft QBs late. Always. No matter what