• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 12224

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Sitting at 1-3.

2 QB, 3 RB, 3 WR, 1 Flex 1 TE, 1 D, no kickers. 0.4 per catch.

QBs - Lamar, Matt Ryan, Jake Brisket
RBs - Saquon, Mixon, Freeman, AP, and Darnell Williams
WRs - Amari, Diggs, Edelman, Lockett, Kirk, DeMarcus Robinson
TE - Waller

Received an offer of Saquon for David Johnson straight up.

Not a fan of DJ or the Cards offense but am desperate and tempted.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Smurf

Smurf

Oct 25, 2017
Sitting at 1-3.

2 QB, 3 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 D, no kickers. 0.4 per catch.

TE - Waller

yeah, you take that deal

YaBish

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Just putting this out here: I'm sitting at 1-3 and thinking about shipping Saquon and Gallman. What players would you all target in that situation? Not sure who I should target.

I have Cook, Montgomery, Sanders, and Breida as my other RBs. I have no WR1 tier players.

Dr_LawyerCop

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
I'm 4-0, so just trying to improve on the margins. I'm not in love with my TE (Delanie Walker). Should I pick up Jimmy Graham or Chris Herndon? I'd drop Dante Pettis (I'm set at WR, he's just a flyer).

OP
OP
Smurf

Smurf

Oct 25, 2017
I'm 4-0, so just trying to improve on the margins. I'm not in love with my TE (Delanie Walker). Should I pick up Jimmy Graham or Chris Herndon? I'd drop Dante Pettis (I'm set at WR, he's just a flyer).
I see Graham as more of a spot start while Davante Adams is out, while Herdon is a gamble that could become an every-week starter.

Oct 27, 2017
Think I'm on the verge of being done with Watkins and I just don't trust OBJ. Might offer them both up as trade bait. I've switched to going with an RB at flex so I want to try and find just 2 reliable WR's. Have spent the first 4 weeks rotating combinations of 3 of them and being disappointed every week - chiefly with OBJ and Watkins (who I benched for week 1)

SealedSeven

Prophet of Regret
The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Phillip Dorsett
Golden Tate
Demarcus Robinson
Will Fuller

Need to pick up a WR as Kirk (my current flex for Golladay) is likely out.

Which one should I go for? I'm think Dorsett as he had 2 games looking good, and the other 2 were with Antonio Brown and last week against Buffalo's good defense (Brady struggle). Thinking he'll have a bounce back week, but same could be said about the others too.

tmtyf

Oct 27, 2017
Was thinking of trading Damien Williams and marquise brown for either ty hilton, Zeke or David Johnson. Should I try to go for one of those or just keep Williams and drop brown? (Trying to pick someone up off waiver wire ) ppr league

Cat Party

Oct 25, 2017
What the fuck am I supposed to do about a TE? Every year, it's the same shit. I draft a decent one, who immediately gets a long term injury (Hunter Henry this year), and then the FA pool is all utter garbage. Been going with OJ Howard so far but he's doing nothing.

Any TEs out there worth gambling on at this point? This is a 12-team league where people know what they're doing.

OP
OP
Smurf

Smurf

Oct 25, 2017
What the fuck am I supposed to do about a TE? Every year, it's the same shit. I draft a decent one, who immediately gets a long term injury (Hunter Henry this year), and then the FA pool is all utter garbage. Been going with OJ Howard so far but he's doing nothing.

Any TEs out there worth gambling on at this point? This is a 12-team league where people know what they're doing.
Chris Herndon or Ben Watson are your best bets

Was thinking of trading Damien Williams and marquise brown for either ty hilton, Zeke or David Johnson. Should I try to go for one of those or just keep Williams and drop brown? (Trying to pick someone up off waiver wire ) ppr league
You'll never get Zeke or DJ with that offer. I'm not high on Hilton but that's not a bad trade if you're sold on him.

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017

Just take comfort in the fact that almost everyone else's TE sucks too. That's all you can do.

I just looked it up. On average (for games played), the 10th highest scoring TE is Ricky Seals-Jones because he had one decent game. I don't think you'd even have 7 TEs who will consistently score points to the point that you'd consider them automatic starts. The only really decent waiver wire pickup that probably wasn't drafted would be like Dissly (and Hockenson, who had a goose egg himself).

You can gamble on Herndon but he won't help you in the near term. I'm actually surprised you were able to get Howard when you drafted Henry already.

NSA

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
TE is so weird. I started playing fantasy in 2010, and I remember I picked Gronk off the wire the last couple weeks of the season because he was a no-one. For the next like.. I dunno, 7-8 years.. SUPERSTAR TE's were all the rage (Gronk and Graham specifically), sometimes getting taken in the first round. Lots of teams were trying to replicate that success.. and now I feel like.. they're all mostly useless.

A few seem like they have solid use in the offenses (Engram, Waller) but the others are maddeningly inconsistent. I almost wish the TE spot was another flex.

Also:
Patriots placed K Stephen Gostkowski (hip) on injured reserve, ending his 2019 season.

Year of the Kicker indeed

Deleted member 12224

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Sitting at 1-3.

2 QB, 3 RB, 3 WR, 1 Flex 1 TE, 1 D, no kickers. 0.4 per catch.

TE - Waller

Traded Saquon for DJ and then traded away Jake Brisket for Damien Williams and a dead Mitchell Trubisky. 🤷‍♂️

natjjohn

Oct 25, 2017
Would you trade Kyler Murray for Alston Jeffrey and Golden Tate? Leaning towards yes. Half PPR, 6 point passing TDs.

Current roster:

QBs: deshaun, Kyler
RBs: Kerryon, Royce, Mattison, Penny
WRs: Edelman, Watkins, Beasley, Sanu
TE: Kelce, Kittle, (Henry on IR)

Would you do? Thought was Alshon and Golden help give more flex options (in this league there are three flex while have to start one RB, WR, TE).. Do think Murray about to go off so could be selling my QB depth low.

Gonna tag some fantasy names Smurf UberTag

Bigkrev

Oct 25, 2017
Would you trade Kyler Murray for Alston Jeffrey and Golden Tate? Leaning towards yes. Half PPR, 6 point passing TDs.

Current roster:

Would you do? Thought was Alshon and Golden help give more flex options (in this league there are three flex while have to start one RB, WR, TE).. Do think Murray about to go off so could be selling my QB depth low.

Assuming this isn't a 2QB league, and that it's not 16 teams and every other backup is owned, you should do that in a heartbeat. You don't need a second QB.

OP
OP
Smurf

Smurf

Oct 25, 2017

Current roster:

Yes, that is good value on your QB. I would also wait for Kittle to have a big game(his schedule is opening up now) and try to ship him for a RB.

natjjohn

Oct 25, 2017
Assuming this isn't a 2QB league, and that it's not 16 teams and every other backup is owned, you should do that in a heartbeat. You don't need a second QB.

Yes, that is good value on your QB. I would also wait for Kittle to have a big game(his schedule is opening up now) and try to ship him for a RB.

Thanks all. Who would you drop? Was thinking Sanu or Beasley but both being peppered with targets. Would like to hold on to Mattison as probably the most elite handcuff with league winning upside if Cook goes down.

Tradenwill be processed tomorrow, and if Penny stinks it up will probably cut him.

Different league traded Russell wilson for Bell (PPR, .2 points per carry) and felt great about that (has Lamar Jackson; preferred trading him but guy wanted Russ). I assume folks will think that was great, but would love to hear some confirmations!

Bigkrev

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks all. Who would you drop? Was thinking Sanu or Beasley but both being peppered with targets. Would like to hold on to Mattison as probably the most elite handcuff with league winning upside if Cook goes down.

Tradenwill be processed tomorrow, and if Penny stinks it up will probably cut him.

Different league traded Russell wilson for Bell (PPR, .2 points per carry) and felt great about that (has Lamar Jackson; preferred trading him but guy wanted Russ). I assume folks will think that was great, but would love to hear some confirmations!
Why would you need to drop someone? I only count 12 players on your team, and your kicker and defense should make 14, leaving you with an open roster spot?

natjjohn

Oct 25, 2017
Why would you need to drop someone? I only count 12 players on your team, and your kicker and defense should make 14, leaving you with an open roster spot?

Have two Ds. D scoring is heavier than typical so if don't have a dominant d like to play matchups with two. League also has a fee for all FA moves and if two teams go after same player it's a blind bid for the FA. So cost savings to keep the two in a way as well (streaming every week can be done but also the money adds up).

Doomsayer

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
My RB2 situation is bad.

Breida, Darrel Williams, or Ronald Jones?

Ooof. I should really trade Hooper for a RB.

(the guy who sent me the Melvin Gordon trade asked everyone to veto because he didn't know he was coming back so soon)

Oct 25, 2017
Somewhere in Zanarkand
My RB2 situation is bad.

Breida, Darrel Williams, or Ronald Jones?

Ooof. I should really trade Hooper for a RB.

(the guy who sent me the Melvin Gordon trade asked everyone to veto because he didn't know he was coming back so soon)

1. It's some bullshit that a guy got a trade vetoed because he was dumb enough to send Gordon away. It's crap, and it's why we removed vetoes from our league. Live with the consequences of your decisions.

2. Darell can be dropped from those three. Maybe package him and Hooper for a RB 2 before his value vanishes - he'll only take space when Damian comes back, and there's little chance you play him anyway with the other two on your roster. See what you can get.

Doomsayer

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
1. It's some bullshit that a guy got a trade vetoed because he was dumb enough to send Gordon away. It's crap, and it's why we removed vetoes from our league. Live with the consequences of your decisions.

2. Darell can be dropped from those three. Maybe package him and Hooper for a RB 2 before his value vanishes - he'll only take space when Damian comes back, and there's little chance you play him anyway with the other two on your roster. See what you can get.
Yeah, I'm pissed that everyone went a long with it. The dude fucked up and I shouldn't have to eat it... though to be fair, if that trade went through I would stomp this league and probably not lose another game.

I plan on dropping Williams when someone else comes about. I have Guice stashed as well but who knows what he will look like when he returns and Washington is a dumpster fire.

OP
OP
Smurf

Smurf

Oct 25, 2017
Don't drop Darrel yet, wait to see how they use their RBs this week. It's no guarantee this is Damien's job once he gets 100% healthy.

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
I dunno, I'm usually only ok with vetoing if there's obvious collusion, but if it's a league-altering decision I think I'd want to veto too. Like if someone traded, say, Patrick Mahomes for Gardner Minshew because he's a big Jacksonville fan, yeah, I'd want to be able to veto that.

Doomsayer

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I dunno, I'm usually only ok with vetoing if there's obvious collusion, but if it's a league-altering decision I think I'd want to veto too. Like if someone traded, say, Patrick Mahomes for Gardner Minshew because he's a big Jacksonville fan, yeah, I'd want to be able to veto that.
I'm upset because this would've guaranteed my league victory. I can see how others maybe wouldn't share my same enthusiasm.

I've ran this league for 10+ years, and I have not won it once. I've made the championship game 5 times. I've won so many other leagues but for whatever reason I can't seem to win this one.

natjjohn

Oct 25, 2017
I'm upset because this would've guaranteed my league victory. I can see how others maybe wouldn't share my same enthusiasm.

I've ran this league for 10+ years, and I have not won it once. I've made the championship game 5 times. I've won so many other leagues but for whatever reason I can't seem to win this one.

Know the feels. Won every league I've done except the one I've done the longest. Been to multiple championships including back to back, and lost both. Want more pain... was undefeated last year into the championship game... had second highest score that week, played the highest score... so sad. Also started Tarik Cohen for the championship week, netted me just over a point. Start one if my bench guys, could've won.

NSA

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Need flex advice..

Mecole Hardman
Will Fuller
Darrel Williams

0.5 PPR.

I am leaning Fuller since the matchup is great, but he's been an absolute disappointment this year. Mecole screwed me with -0.10 points last week.. BUUUT.. it could be a Sunday night scorefest. Darrel Williams has been solid, but if Shady and Damien are back, it's really risky.

Tom Nook

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Need flex advice..

Mecole Hardman
Will Fuller
Darrel Williams

0.5 PPR.

I am leaning Fuller since the matchup is great, but he's been an absolute disappointment this year. Mecole screwed me with -0.10 points last week.. BUUUT.. it could be a Sunday night scorefest. Darrel Williams has been solid, but if Shady and Damien are back, it's really risky.

Fuller

Damien and Tyreek are coming back.

Piston

Oct 25, 2017
Hmm, need to decide between the following for my WR/Flex spots in a full PPR league:

Adam Thielen
Larry Fitzgerald
Golden Tate
Robert Woods
Emmanuel Sanders

I'm definitely going Woods. Thielen has been disappointing so far (it's mostly Cousins), so I might take him out for the week. Golden Tate is a wild card, not sure how much he will play and how in sync he will be with Danny.

My other team, I have Kupp starting for sure, then have to decide between JuJu, Edelman, John Ross III, DJ Chark, and Hollywood Brown for the other WR slot and Flex. I'm only two deep at RB so the flex has to be a WR.

Finally remembered to drop Philly D this week and managed to pick up the Titans D against Buffalo.

OP
OP
Smurf

Smurf

Oct 25, 2017
Hmm, need to decide between the following for my WR/Flex spots in a full PPR league:

Adam Thielen
Larry Fitzgerald
Golden Tate
Robert Woods
Emmanuel Sanders

I'm definitely going Woods. Thielen has been disappointing so far (it's mostly Cousins), so I might take him out for the week. Golden Tate is a wild card, not sure how much he will play and how in sync he will be with Danny.

My other team, I have Kupp starting for sure, then have to decide between JuJu, Edelman, John Ross III, DJ Chark, and Hollywood Brown for the other WR slot and Flex. I'm only two deep at RB so the flex has to be a WR.

Finally remembered to drop Philly D this week and managed to pick up the Titans D against Buffalo.
Thielen has a great matchup and he just called out his QB, you can't sit him this week.

Instro

Oct 25, 2017
I'm being offered Ronald Jones/James Conner along with Sterling Shepard for my Kerryon Johnson. Any thoughts? I have 3 other good backs, so it wouldn't be a particularly stinging loss, and I'm not sure I like Johnson's upcoming schedule either. On the flip side I don't particularly like the players being offered, but they are/could be ascending.

Doomsayer

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Know the feels. Won every league I've done except the one I've done the longest. Been to multiple championships including back to back, and lost both. Want more pain... was undefeated last year into the championship game... had second highest score that week, played the highest score... so sad. Also started Tarik Cohen for the championship week, netted me just over a point. Start one if my bench guys, could've won.
Oh yeah, 2 years ago in the championship game I was winning by 1.5 and Jarvis Landry fumbled. I lost the championship game by .5 points.

I almost quit on the spot.

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
Emmanuel Sanders or Chris Thompson for FLEX?

Sanders is inconsistent, but the Skins are going up against the Pats with no idea who the QB will be. I'm leaning Thompson just for the PPR numbers, but Sanders feels like he could go off for 100 yards + TD any game.

Rodan

Nov 3, 2017
What's y'all's first reactions to this: got an offer of Leveon Bell+Josh Gordon for Devante Adams?

My other WRs are Golladay and Dorsett, and my RBs are Connor, Melvin Gordon, and David Montgomery. I've got Scary Terry, Tyrell Williams and Jaylen Samuels on bench (.5ppr).