• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Fubar

Oct 25, 2017
CMC + Aaron Jones are both over 40 points for me. Even with Dak and Keenan Allen both wildly underperforming, I am about to cross the 200 point mark for the 1st time this season as long as OBJ matches projections later on.

Gurley did well for me, and Josh Jacobs had a monster performance on my bench. Not a bad position to be in.

Tom Nook

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phillip Dorsett
Golden Tate
Demarcus Robinson
Will Fuller

Need to pick up a WR as Kirk (my current flex for Golladay) is likely out.

Which one should I go for? I'm think Dorsett as he had 2 games looking good, and the other 2 were with Antonio Brown and last week against Buffalo's good defense (Brady struggle). Thinking he'll have a bounce back week, but same could be said about the others too.

I hope you played Fuller

Keith Stat

Oct 25, 2017
Hah, this might be the most nonsensical week I've ever had in FF. Like half my team were already on byes and three of my players got injured in the first quarter of their games this week (Gallman, Watkins and Dorsett). Also, in a week where the Texans offense goes bananas, Hopkins hardly puts up any stats. With all that said, I still had the highest scoring week of my measly season so far aided by surprisingly huge games from Jacobs and Thielen out of nowhere.

... It ultimately doesn't matter as I'm still getting slaughtered this week as I had expected. But it's always fun to find new and unique ways to outperform AND disappoint at the same time.

Deleted member 12224

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Well David Johnson helped this week but seeing my true love saying he'll return from a high ankle sprain this Thursday... god damnit I should've went full on homer and held onto Saquon.

OP
OP
Smurf

Smurf

Oct 25, 2017
Nope. Didn't get a response so I stuck with Dorsett. Down 116 to 181 with OBJ and Kittle left to play. Would have been at 160 with Fuller....
You gotta wait until later on the week to ask start/sit questions. If you do it on a Wednesday, a lot of people are still waiting on injury reports, haven't read up on the matchups and etc, so your post doesn't get many if any responses and ends up getting lost in the thread.

SealedSeven

Prophet of Regret
The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
You gotta wait until later on the week to ask start/sit questions. If you do it on a Wednesday, a lot of people are still waiting on injury reports, haven't read up on the matchups and etc, so your post doesn't get many if any responses and ends up getting lost in the thread.

It was picking off waivers, so didn't have time to wait. The other 3 WR got picked up Thursday, so the window of pick up was a day.

Mean, no one could have predicted that swing. just sucks that im 2-3 with a 700 point against.....

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If you have Rivers you don't have any need for Jackson, and I don't think I would want Juju over Hill (Assuming you have a playable WR while he's still out). Not sure I'd trust many Steelers players at all in fantasy this year.

At least for this week, this comment aged poorly lol. I went from projected to win by 10 points to losing by 10 mainly due to him.

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
Easy come, easy go I guess. Gallman probably won a bunch of people the game last week, then lost them the game this week, and now he's going to be worthless.

Oct 27, 2017
This week was nuts. Look at this shit
I should have lost this week in 5 different ways

Screenshot-20191007-133847.jpg

Oct 25, 2017
Dude is trying to offer me AJ Green, Davante Adams, Joe Mixon, and Robert Woods for Keenan Allen and Dalvin Cook. Yay or nay? Seems way way too risky, I'm going with nay.

Matt Lafleur seems hellbent on making the Packers a run first team. Plus Adams will be coming off an injury. Mixon is good but on a shitty team. I don't even know what team Green will be on and he's coming off an injury. Robert Woods would be appealing if Goff wasn't playing like shit and could hit other players besides Kupp.

Anyone seeing something else that makes this trade appealing?

Olorin

Oct 27, 2017
Dude is trying to offer me AJ Green, Davante Adams, Joe Mixon, and Robert Woods for Keenan Allen and Dalvin Cook. Yay or nay? Seems way way too risky, I'm going with nay.

Matt Lafleur seems hellbent on making the Packers a run first team. Plus Adams will be coming off an injury. Mixon is good but on a shitty team. I don't even know what team Green will be on and he's coming off an injury. Robert Woods would be appealing if Goff wasn't playing like shit and could hit other players besides Kupp.

Anyone seeing something else that makes this trade appealing?

Big nope for me. Dalvin Cook is about the surest bet in FFL. His floor is ridiculous and on a run-first team. To put it another way -imagine every week as though you have an automatic 20 points. Make moves to complement cooks -don't get rid of him.

Jims

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Would like some advice on something that happened today. Was I right to tell off this owner in my league?

There's this guy in my league who keeps sending trade offers that I keep finding very one-sided in his favor. Stuff like asking offering Austin Ekeler for my Davante Adams literally the day the Melvin Gordon reporting news came out. There are at least 2 others that basically amounted to "his RB2 for my WR1" kind of offer. Josh Jacobs + flex for my Keenan Allen, stuff like that. I didn't really get that mad at the earlier offers, even though I thought he was lowballing me each time. I just rolled my eyes at them and politely declined.

Today he offers Sony Michel for my Tyreek Hill + Adrian Peterson. This is, by the way, literally the day after I get blown out by a Aaron Jones + Will Fuller owner and fell to 3-2.

I countered my kicker for all of his good players, which he declined. Then sent me an email joking about Josh Lambo not kicking well in the wind. I replied basically like, "Dude, I don't appreciate that you think I'm stupid, don't send me any more trade offers." He apologized and replied he said there was injury risk and thought I'd want to get something for Tyreek... So now I am wondering if I was just being salty about what happened yesterday. Did I overreact? Has anyone else ever dealt with someone who kept trying to pick your pocket over and over again?

natjjohn

Oct 25, 2017
Would like some advice on something that happened today. Was I right to tell off this owner in my league?

There's this guy in my league who keeps sending trade offers that I keep finding very one-sided in his favor. Stuff like asking offering Austin Ekeler for my Davante Adams literally the day the Melvin Gordon reporting news came out. There are at least 2 others that basically amounted to "his RB2 for my WR1" kind of offer. Josh Jacobs + flex for my Keenan Allen, stuff like that. I didn't really get that mad at the earlier offers, even though I thought he was lowballing me each time. I just rolled my eyes at them and politely declined.

Today he offers Sony Michel for my Tyreek Hill + Adrian Peterson. This is, by the way, literally the day after I get blown out by a Aaron Jones + Will Fuller owner and fell to 3-2.

I countered my kicker for all of his good players, which he declined. Then sent me an email joking about Josh Lambo not kicking well in the wind. I replied basically like, "Dude, I don't appreciate that you think I'm stupid, don't send me any more trade offers." He apologized and replied he said there was injury risk and thought I'd want to get something for Tyreek... So now I am wondering if I was just being salty about what happened yesterday. Did I overreact? Has anyone else ever dealt with someone who kept trying to pick your pocket over and over again?

You were fine.

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017

I usually just blow them off but what people usually say is that they start with a lowball offer to initiate negotiations. But it usually comes like right after we drafted, and I usually draft the players I want so I don't see the point. If I liked the lowball player you're offering me I would have picked them.

Blitzrules240

Self requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Midwest
So I was losing in my league of record, I was in some trouble so I made some moves over the past few weeks.

I traded Mike Evans and Kyler Murray for Russell Wilson and Aaron Jones in Week 4.

After that, Week 5 I decided to sell Odell Beckham Jr. A friend of mine offered Cooper Kupp and Derrick Henry and I took it immediately. Later in the week, a friend intrigued about me trading Robert Woods and Emmanuel Sanders, I asked for Juju Smith-Schuster and DJ Chark in return. He accepted.

This was my team that scored 218 points this week.

QB Russell Wilson
RB Aaron Jones
RB Derrick Henry
WR Cooper Kupp
WR DJ Chark Jr.
TE Will Dissly
F/x: Alshon Jeffery
F/x: Juju Smith-Schuster
K: Kai 'mi Fairbairn
Def: Tennessee Titans

Bench
-----------
RB David Montgomery
WR Jamison Crowder
RB Tevin Coleman
RB Carlos Hyde
WR D.K. Metcalf
RB Josh Jacobs
IR: RB Saquon Barkley

So now 2-3, I feel like I'm on the upswing and I can make a title run.

Always sell when you can and reap the benefits.

Oct 25, 2017
Big nope for me. Dalvin Cook is about the surest bet in FFL. His floor is ridiculous and on a run-first team. To put it another way -imagine every week as though you have an automatic 20 points. Make moves to complement cooks -don't get rid of him.
Yeah I didn't go for it. He's still trying though. I think it's because he just traded McCaffrey and feels foolish for it.

It's not something that bothers me, but I absolutely don't think you were wrong for it. Some people don't appreciate that.
But yeah there's a guy in my league that is ridiculously aggressive and will try to get shit out of you all day with very questionable trades. It just makes me laugh.

Jims

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I usually just blow them off but what people usually say is that they start with a lowball offer to initiate negotiations. But it usually comes like right after we drafted, and I usually draft the players I want so I don't see the point. If I liked the lowball player you're offering me I would have picked them.
It's not something that bothers me, but I absolutely don't think you were wrong for it. Some people don't appreciate that.
But yeah there's a guy in my league that is ridiculously aggressive and will try to get shit out of you all day with very questionable trades. It just makes me laugh.

Thanks for the feedback. I was second-guessing if my general saltiness was clouding my judgment or what. I feel like that line between what a reasonable starting offer and an insulting one is really hard to define sometimes.

Arol

Avenger
Dec 29, 2017
Someone is offering me Goff and Woods for Kupp.

My only QB is Rivers and a IR Newton, and the rest of my WR are Hopkins,Evans, Boyd and Landry.

OP
OP
Smurf

Smurf

Oct 25, 2017
Someone is offering me Goff and Woods for Kupp.

My only QB is Rivers and a IR Newton, and the rest of my WR are Hopkins,Evans, Boyd and Landry.
Kupp is looking like one of the Best WRs in fantasy. You're only giving him up for a top QB, and even then, you're overpaying.

Deleted member 2145

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
jared goff isn't even a QB 1 in my league, he's behind guys like brisket, mariota, minshew ga chu, and tied with josh allen. stafford has 3 fewer points on the season than goff but he's already had his bye. all of those guys are either available in my league or I'm the one dropping and adding them to stream (bye brisket, hello minshew madness)

you'd be trading away a top 5 option at WR for waiver fodder and a WR 3

Bigkrev

Oct 25, 2017

...I'd probably do the Sony Michel deal? Adrian Peterson is basically a bye week fill-in at best (he's about as close to zero upside as there is), and Tyreek still might not be back this week.
EDIT: If your PPR, i'd probably not do it though.

peppermints

Oct 25, 2017
Y'all think Bears D worth keeping through the bye week if I have to drop a skill player? Probably will be Agholor.

Along with that, who would you add Panthers or Packers D for this week?

Jom

Oct 25, 2017
So first I lose Saquon and now Gallman.

Who should I run for my two RBs if this is all I have:
Chris Thompson
Kenyan Drake
Royce Freeman
Peyton Barber

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017

Chris Thompson
Kenyan Drake
Royce Freeman
Peyton Barber

This looks like my team. So better luck next year I guess?

At least Saquon should be coming back shortly. If it's PPR I'd probably roll with Thompson and Freeman, but man this is like bye week filler kinds of RBs. Like a solid 7 or 8 points if you're lucky.

Piston

Oct 25, 2017
I have a dude that keeps offering me awful trades for Le'Veon Bell, there have been three so far this year all involving David Montgomery + another piece. With Darnold back, I think Bell will have a few big breakout weeks.

Anyways, finally benching JuJu because of Hodges at QB this week to start Chark like I should have been doing all along. That gives me a pretty decent WR and RB combo with Le'Veon, Fournette, Chark, Edelman, and Kupp. Watch me get nothing this week.

SealedSeven

Prophet of Regret
The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
What's the word on Tyrell Williams injury? Trying to see how serious it is in attempts to buy low for him.

Jom

Oct 25, 2017
This looks like my team. So better luck next year I guess?

At least Saquon should be coming back shortly. If it's PPR I'd probably roll with Thompson and Freeman, but man this is like bye week filler kinds of RBs. Like a solid 7 or 8 points if you're lucky.
Lol yup rip

Tom Nook

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I am going to need a TE. I have both Hardman and Robinson.

Who to keep once Tyreek is back?

Thanks

Metalix

Oct 28, 2017

Chris Thompson
Kenyan Drake
Royce Freeman
Peyton Barber

I'm starting Thompson this week to navigate the byes, he's had a reasonable floor thus far and is against Miami sooooo...

Rellyrell28

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Okay so I got this trade proposal this morning.
I get:
Nick Chubbs
Robert Woods
Phillip Rivers
Chris Henderson

He gets:
Patrick Mahomes
Evan Engram

Should I tell him to fuck off or counter for Elliot instead of Chubbs
This a league with a +3 bonus for a 40 yard TD and a +5 bonus for a 60 yard TD.

matcha pocky

Oct 27, 2017
Made a trade today - Alvin for Russell Wilson, Chris Godwin, and Zach Ertz.

I needed really big upgrades in those positions (been stuck stringing really bad QBs and TEs) and I'm 1-4, so I've got pretty much nothing to lose. Was this a decent trade or did I just screw myself over?