• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Jogi

Prophet of Regret
Jul 4, 2018
Dilemma.. I am up 2.72 points. Opponent is finished, but I still have the Steelers Defense tomorrow VS Miami. Do I bench them to avoid the possibility of getting negative points? Or just roll with it since they should do good. Would be an epic fail of epic proportions if they got me negative points.
they would have to play absolutely awful to get you negative points. The Defense is firing this year, ranking highly in turnovers and sacks. You should be fine. The Dauphins aren't a high-powered offense and the Steelers generally play well coming out of a bye and the back half of the season. That said, it is risky to give away a win if they do fail, but if any tiebreakers utilize total points, that would suck to lose because you benched them haha.

Blitzrules240

Self requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Midwest
It sucks when you're doing well in all your leagues but your league of record. I'm 2-6 in the league I've been in for 10 years with my friends and I'm like 7-1 in a league where I'm filling in for a guy and then I have a winning record in my work league too.

So basically I'm doing well in all leagues but the one I care about most.

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
In my league, the only way to get more than -2.72 points is for them to give up 35+ points to the Dolphins and have absolutely no sacks or interceptions or anything. Not sure what their settings are but the dolphins have scored 21 points at most this season. That would be pretty amazing for them to score 35+ points.

NSA

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
they would have to play absolutely awful to get you negative points. The Defense is firing this year, ranking highly in turnovers and sacks. You should be fine. The Dauphins aren't a high-powered offense and the Steelers generally play well coming out of a bye and the back half of the season. That said, it is risky to give away a win if they do fail, but if any tiebreakers utilize total points, that would suck to lose because you benched them haha.

In my league, the only way to get more than -2.72 points is for them to give up 35+ points to the Dolphins and have absolutely no sacks or interceptions or anything. Not sure what their settings are but the dolphins have scored 21 points at most this season. That would be pretty amazing for them to score 35+ points.

Yeah in this league 35+ = -4 points. So they would have to get that with only like 1 sack or something. Seems basically improbably and yet.. #MondayNightmare.

It is ultimately points based, I'm in first alone but not the points leader so extra points would be nice.

Hmm 🤔!

Metalix

Oct 28, 2017
Thank you based Aaron Jones, clawed my way to being 7 points ahead. Opponent still had Kenyan Drake to play and he goes and gets traded! :')

Should move into 1st place this week.

grang

Nov 13, 2017
First week I won in all 3 leagues! Broke a 6 game losing streak in my home league to go to 2-6, unfortunately that one is out of reach. Two Era leagues are doubtful, but still possible if things go right the rest of the season.

Tom Nook

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Dilemma.. I am up 2.72 points. Opponent is finished, but I still have the Steelers Defense tomorrow VS Miami. Do I bench them to avoid the possibility of getting negative points? Or just roll with it since they should do good. Would be an epic fail of epic proportions if they got me negative points.

What's your standing with the league?

Sometimes getting more points overall than someone with the same record as yours gets you from 7th place to 6th place for a playoff spot.

NSA

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
What's your standing with the league?

Sometimes getting more points overall than someone with the same record as yours gets you from 7th place to 6th place for a playoff spot.

1st place, but 2nd in points. We play IDP/defensive players, so I worry that a sack or something will show up (or be taken away) with stat corrections, so I think I'm just going to roll with the Defense and hope for the best.

If you see the Dolphins score 35+ tonight, know it was only because it hurts my fantasy team lol

TheWorthyEdge

Oct 25, 2017
Brissett and Lev Bell for Fournette. Who wins?

Lev Bell's schedule is insane coming up. But how much of a factor is he really?

Piston

Oct 25, 2017
Won one of my games this week, lost the other to the only player with more points than me...

I'm now all balanced out and 4-4 in both leagues.

Doomsayer

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Had my 3rd 200 point game in the last 5. For context, no other team has 1 200 pt game this year in our league.

I bounced back after losing to an 0-6 team last week... Tied for the leagues best record at 6-2 but I have the most points scored and it really isn't close.

I think I might take it all this year because my team is stacked. If I win this league this year it will be my first time in the 10 years running it... I NEED THIS

TheWorthyEdge

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not high on Fournette, he scares me for different reasons but I would rather have him than Bell right now.

Yeah, that's how I'm feeling. Though I like Fournette a lot. Dude's RB8 or something with only 1 TD. If I was Fournette and Marrone called a sweep on the 1 yd line I'd be pissed too. Dude's massive. Just have him bulldoze through. Also Fournette's got a huge target share. More than anyone was thinking he was going to have.

NSA

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I really like Bell's schedule coming up.. but if Darnold can't get right he's going to have a really hard time.

If you need a QB, Brissett has a pretty good rest of season schedule.

Bigkrev

Oct 25, 2017
Generally, I only bench a MNF player if my lead is 1 point or less. You run the risk of a stat correction (turning a run into a catch, for example), but those are pretty rare. It's also way easier for a WR/RB to score negative points than defenses- they could lose a fumble on the opening drive and end up not playing the rest of the game due to being benched or getting injured- than a defense (generally, you wouldn't be starting a defense in a situation where it's possible for them to score negative)

SpecX

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Losing fantasy this week against the number 1 ranked guy in our league, but mostly cause of 2 injuries really taking away major points. Winston fucking nailed it this week and exceeded my expectations and if everyone else did their part, I would have maybe pulled off a small victory.

Worked for me last week, but anyway the Steelers defense goes berserk and somehow gifts me 47 points? lol if not, I'll at least only drop 1 place to 4th, but the remainder of the season is tough if I wanna make the playoffs.

tmtyf

Oct 27, 2017
Should I trade Westbrook and Walton for chark or keep them? I kind of need a second wr as kupp is on bye, Westbrook injury is what has me looking at the moment. Aj green should be back next week so I can use during jax bye. Ppr.

NSA

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
First thing I thought of when they went down quick haha. Glad it worked out tho.

Thank you.. I was seriously staring at the tv like.. is this real life? They were down 14-0 and PIT's defense had 1 point with like 3 minutes elapsed. I was imagining the most epic fail of all time.

2nd half was a tale of two teams though as they went wild. Ended up with 14 or 15 points.

Avoiding Lamar vs NE

Carr vs DET
or
Minshew vs HOU

Carr I think. Should be high scoring shootout hopefully.

SpecX

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
What's the feeling on Chris Conley this week? Think he'll be able to keep it up and put up some numbers for a 3rd week or will he drop back to no mans land? I'm in need of a WR since Brandin Cooks is out this week. At this point I'm pretty boned if my players keep under performing.

tmtyf

Oct 27, 2017
What's the feeling on Chris Conley this week? Think he'll be able to keep it up and put up some numbers for a 3rd week or will he drop back to no mans land? I'm in need of a WR since Brandin Cooks is out this week. At this point I'm pretty boned if my players keep under performing.
The majority of his points were from a 70 yard td or something like that. I would say he might do OK if Westbrook is still out.

esco

Nov 15, 2017
Guys I need some advice on a trade (full PPR)

Give:
Kyler Murray and Aaron Jones
Get:
Nick Chubb and Mark Andrews

Would it be worth it?

Bigkrev

Oct 25, 2017
Guys I need some advice on a trade (full PPR)

Give:
Kyler Murray and Aaron Jones
Get:
Nick Chubb and Mark Andrews

Would it be worth it?
I'd do that- I don't think Kyler is an every-week starter anymore, and he has 2 of his 3 next games against the Niners, who you definitly aren't starting him against

Bwooduhs

Oct 25, 2017
Having trouble choosing three from the following:

Odell Beckham
Davante Adams
DK Metcalf
Courtland Sutton
Davante Adams
Golden Tate
Darren Waller

Any opinions would be appreciated.

Jogi

Prophet of Regret
Jul 4, 2018
So... just made this trade... was it a good idea or bad? Figure Bell has a pretty nice schedule coming up.

Give: Devonta Freeman
Receive: Le'Veon Bell

other rbs: cmc, Derrick Henry, Jaylen Samuels, David Montgomery, Miles Sanders

NSA

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
On it's face I'd say you came out on top.

However, it's entirely possible the Jets never really utilize Bell to his fullest the rest of the season. He's got a great schedule though, and Freeman is kind of slotted for probably 10-13 points per week the rest of the year.

Doomsayer

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Need a flex:

Drake
C. Kirk
Tyrell Williams

I already have Waller as my TE and Jacobs in my starting lineup, so I'm iffy on Williams.

Piston

Oct 25, 2017
In a PPR league, just accepted this trade

I got:
Phillip Lindsay
Gerald Everett
Jamaal Williams

I sent:
Kenyan Drake
TJ Hockenson
Lenard Fournette

He got the best player, but I got the next three best players and I've been needing a solid TE all year. Another guy in my league claims I got fleeced. I know Drake just got put on a better team, but I'm willing to take the risk.

Hmm, looking more into this, it was a risky move by me. Hopefully it works out...

Last edited:

NSA

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I'd have kept Fournette personally.. but depending on the rest of your roster, Lindsay and Williams and Everett can all be started.

Drake might have a couple of good games but I don't want any part of that crowded backfield once all are healthy.

TJ I think might have some big games.. but so far has been too unreliable.

Bigkrev

Oct 25, 2017
In a PPR league, just accepted this trade

I got:
Phillip Lindsay
Gerald Everett
Jamaal Williams

I sent:
Kenyan Drake
TJ Hockenson
Lenard Fournette

He got the best player, but I got the next three best players and I've been needing a solid TE all year. Another guy in my league claims I got fleeced. I know Drake just got put on a better team, but I'm willing to take the risk.

Hmm, looking more into this, it was a risky move by me. Hopefully it works out...
Yeah, this is a terrible trade for you. You went from Fournette (who has the job to himself and gets 20ish carries a week) to Lindsay (who's in a near 50-50 timeshare) and Jamaal Williams (who is in a 25-75 timeshare), and Gerald Everett is not a significant upgrade over Hockenson, plus you just... threw in Kenyan Drake, who might end up starting for Arizona a few time

Jogi

Prophet of Regret
Jul 4, 2018
On it's face I'd say you came out on top.

However, it's entirely possible the Jets never really utilize Bell to his fullest the rest of the season. He's got a great schedule though, and Freeman is kind of slotted for probably 10-13 points per week the rest of the year.
Yeah that was my one slight hesitation, although I rarely ever started Freeman. Bell's schedule was just way too enticing! Haha.

HamSandwich

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm in last place so I'm selling. First place has Kamara so he's offering up Justice Hill for my Murray for handcuff purposes. Surely I can get more for him?

Bigkrev

Oct 25, 2017
I'm in last place so I'm selling. First place has Kamara so he's offering up Justice Hill for my Murray for handcuff purposes. Surely I can get more for him?
Unless it's a Keeper league, you have no real reason to sell when you are in last place, and even then, how your keeper rules work would be important (outside of a Dynasty league, I can't see a rule set/situation where you would want to keep Justice Hill). If you are giving up Murray- who is an unquestioned RB1 if Kamara misses any more games and has played well enough that he probably is going to end up with some more playtime even when Kamara is back- you better be getting more than a useless RB who theoretically is a handcuff

HamSandwich

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Unless it's a Keeper league, you have no real reason to sell when you are in last place, and even then, how your keeper rules work would be important (outside of a Dynasty league, I can't see a rule set/situation where you would want to keep Justice Hill). If you are giving up Murray- who is an unquestioned RB1 if Kamara misses any more games and has played well enough that he probably is going to end up with some more playtime even when Kamara is back- you better be getting more than a useless RB who theoretically is a handcuff

Yeah it is a keeper league, but I already have my keepers set in Hooper, Scary Terry and Parris Campbell who are all going to be cheap for me next year (its auction).

Doomsayer

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I would roll all three raiders, I am. OAK vs DET could be shootout.

Plus I hate Thursday games and it's the Niners DEF.
I know it's 9ers D, but I think Kirk is going to get a ton of targets, with a statline like 8 catches 60 yards or something, I can live with getting 14 from my flex.

Hmmmm, I may just roll with Williams though.

peppermints

Oct 25, 2017
I just got a trade accepted that nets me Austin Hooper in exchange for Greg Olsen and Brees (have Stafford and Mahomes so Brees was IMO expendable especially coming into a bye)

Obviously Hooper is on a bye this week too so I'm in need of a TE.

In PPR, I can pick up:
Ebron
Fells
Witten
Hockenson (he's burned me three times this season so not feeling him)
Goederrt
Jonnu Smith

Smith seems like a dark horse candidate, getting a lot of buzz. Who would you go with for a one week fill in?

NSA

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I'd roll with Fells personally and hope for the best.

They're all kinda in the same ? territory though.

NSA

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Ty Hilton downgraded to DNP in practice today.. uh oh!

Also, Josh Gordon was released.. so he'll go to waivers and then be a FA and off IR.