• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

HamSandwich

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I feel like trades barely ever happen in any of my leagues. I did one this year, (Gave away Brandin Cooks for Sony Michel, really no one won this one) but no one else even tries. People feel too attached to their draft picks I think. And trading them away somehow feels like they're admitting failure?

I dunno, it's dumb.

Are you in a keeper league? I feel like trades happen more in those, esp lower ranked teams that just want to trade for cheap keepers.

NSA

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Are you in a keeper league? I feel like trades happen more in those, esp lower ranked teams that just want to trade for cheap keepers.

Just regular league. A keeper league does sound like fun though, would make more sense when thinking about the future.

Cousins, Tannehill or garrappolo this week?

Jimmy G I think. Seattle Defense isn't great, but Wilson should be able to keep scoring, leading to points all around.

SealedSeven

Prophet of Regret
The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Got offered Sutton for Marvin Jones. Seems like a no brainer, but it is Denver offense. (Wasn't playing marvin this week)

Thoughts on this?

Edit: I declined. Trust Stafford feeding Marvin than Denver's offense.

Last edited:

CyrilFiggis

Nov 3, 2017
Pennsylvania
Man, it feels weird to drop the #1 D/ST (Patriots) but their next few weeks aren't looking good. Safe to drop or should I stash?

I picked up the Steelers who have a great upcoming schedule outside of this week against the Rams, but it is in Pittsburgh and Goff doesn't always travel well. Pretty much the only other options this week are the Saints or Chiefs. Should I stick with the Steelers or go with one of them? Rankings for those 3 are all over the place.

OP
OP
Smurf

Smurf

Oct 25, 2017
Man, it feels weird to drop the #1 D/ST (Patriots) but their next few weeks aren't looking good. Safe to drop or should I stash?

I picked up the Steelers who have a great upcoming schedule outside of this week against the Rams, but it is in Pittsburgh and Goff doesn't always travel well. Pretty much the only other options this week are the Saints or Chiefs. Should I stick with the Steelers or go with one of them? Rankings for those 3 are all over the place.
They have nice matchups week 15/16, so if you got a good record I would hold them. If not, you might still be able to trade them

Blitzrules240

Self requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Midwest
I'm 3-6 in my league of record and face an uphill battle to the playoffs.

Not throwing in the towel but I have no desire to track my matchups going forward.

Think I'll set my lineup and just watch RedZone on Sunday and check the score before SNF.

SealedSeven

Prophet of Regret
The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Kittle likely out.

Picked up Jared Cook as current replacement. Should I stick with Cook or get Dwelley as SF likely will throw to TE anyway? Or Hollister for Seattle?

Last edited:

Sully

Oct 25, 2017
Kittle likely out.

Picked up Jared Cook as current replacement. Should I stick with Cook or get Dwelley as SF likely will throw to TE anyway? Or Hollister for Seattle?
Even as a 49ers fan I say cook, he was getting red zone targets before the bye and the injury , dwelley will get yards but we don't know about the TD upside

Oct 27, 2017
Full PPR

FLEX:
Diggs vs. DAL
Kirk vs. TB

Don't have extra bench space to roster an extra D, but I know MIN-D is gonna do badly against DAL, but I don't feel like wasting my #2 wire position to just get my DEF back.

SealedSeven

Prophet of Regret
The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Stafford Out!

Decided to put Ronald Jones in flex, taking out Marvin Jones. Still got to stick with Golladay tho.

For QB, it's another toss up. Matt Ryan or Dak Prescott. Initial thought is Dak.

Oct 27, 2017
Stafford Out!

Decided to put Ronald Jones in flex, taking out Marvin Jones. Still got to stick with Golladay tho.

For QB, it's another toss up. Matt Ryan or Dak Prescott. Initial thought is Dak.

Everyone with a mic seems bullish on RJ, bit I think they're still trying to justify stashing him for 10 weeks.

Dak is my call this week. I have little faith in Ryan even as I am starting Jones and Hooper

NSA

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Super flex league.. I have Stafford and Brissett.. FML.

Picked up Driskal as there is really no one else I can think of for the flex spot, all my other players are on bye.

Sucks!

NSA

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Driskel surprisingly not bad. Not enough this week but perfect fill in for Stafford.

J2C

Oct 26, 2017
Aaron Rodgers with another dud. Sit him his 50pt game, get him for two 12's and a 14 this year. My opponent picked up Trubisky last minute to replace Brisett and won our QB matchup handily. Really shouldn't happen, damn that Aaron Jones and Packers 1-yd TD runs -_-

Metalix

Oct 28, 2017
Started Aaron Jones, Josh Jacobs & Christian Kirk - it's a good day and 7 wins in a row.

No idea how bad Austin Hooper's injury is :/

Rodan

Nov 3, 2017
I was up by about 10 points going into MNF. I only had my kicker (Myers) left, and my opponent had Lockett, Tevin Coleman, and Wagner (we play 1 IDP).

I was expecting a low-scoring, defense heavy game so I knew I'd lose l, but optimistically I thought maybe not by much, maybe by 10-20 points.

Well, thanks to the game scheme, I hung on until I was only down by 2 points with only a minute and a half left. I knew one FG could give me the win! Myers kicks... the kick is good... but then after the FG, Wilson passed to Coleman and again I was down by a few!

Okay, so now we're in OT. I'm down by 4 points. I need a 50 yard FG to win. Unbelievably, the Seahawks end up getting the FG... but it was only a 44 yarder. I lost the entire game by a fraction of a point.

Or so I thought. A little stat correction later, and his IDP got a tackle knocked down to an assist. I won! I won! By a fraction of a point!

What a game.

SpecX

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Had a great lineup ready to win this last week and then Kittle was out and Ty Johnson ended up with a concussion. These injuries are really screwing me over especially since most people in my league have been hoarding players and defense you could go to as a backup.

We had 2 players this week intentionally lose their match ups cause they had players on bye and didn't want to lose them. I'm happy to still be in 4th place, but man I'm nervous since these next 3 weeks are some of the toughest players in the league and I need to win every week going forward to hang onto a playoff spot.

With all that said, I'm struggling on the defense pick this week. I have KC right now who didn't do much last week, but I'm hoping they dominate against the Chargers. I might pick up the Ravens, but what would you guys suggest from the available list?
  • Baltimore Bal
  • Jacksonville Jax
  • Dallas Dal
  • Los Angeles LAC
  • Houston Hou
  • Tampa Bay TB
  • Denver Den
  • Cleveland Cle
  • Washington Was
  • Arizona Ari
  • Miami Mia
  • Cincinnati Cin
  • Atlanta Atl

natjjohn

Oct 25, 2017
Had a great lineup ready to win this last week and then Kittle was out and Ty Johnson ended up with a concussion. These injuries are really screwing me over especially since most people in my league have been hoarding players and defense you could go to as a backup.

We had 2 players this week intentionally lose their match ups cause they had players on bye and didn't want to lose them. I'm happy to still be in 4th place, but man I'm nervous since these next 3 weeks are some of the toughest players in the league and I need to win every week going forward to hang onto a playoff spot.

With all that said, I'm struggling on the defense pick this week. I have KC right now who didn't do much last week, but I'm hoping they dominate against the Chargers. I might pick up the Ravens, but what would you guys suggest from the available list?
  • Baltimore Bal
  • Jacksonville Jax
  • Dallas Dal
  • Los Angeles LAC
  • Houston Hou
  • Tampa Bay TB
  • Denver Den
  • Cleveland Cle
  • Washington Was
  • Arizona Ari
  • Miami Mia
  • Cincinnati Cin
  • Atlanta Atl

Probably Chiefs or Jax. If Jacoby out, I'd definitely go Jags maybe even with him. Colts have not done well against the Jags D recently. Colts seem to be in a downward spiral. Could continue.

SpecX

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Probably Chiefs or Jax. If Jacoby out, I'd definitely go Jags maybe even with him. Colts have not done well against the Jags D recently. Colts seem to be in a downward spiral. Could continue.
Good point on Jacoby, but the Jags burned me bad before when I went with them. I'll give it a day to decide, but I kinda feel the Chargers D is going to make up for how bad the team did overall against the Raiders.

Tom Nook

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Dynasty PPR with 2 Flex:

Breida is out so Mostert is a must start
Renfrow or Stills.

or Keep both WRS (leave Mostert on bench)

APZonerunner

Features Editor at VG247.com
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
England
I currently have the Cowboys DST, picked up on a Streamer. They've got the Lions, who are of course playing on a rookie backup QB.

But I'm torn... do I grab the Jets instead? They've got the Skins.

Dec 13, 2017
PPR
Wondering if I should start Odell Beckham jr vs Pittsburgh since he's been more dud than stud this year.
Two WR slots and a flex.
Flex is fine.
Potential WRs this week are Courtland Sutton, Michael Gallup, Odell Beckham jr, or Calvin Ridley.

grang

Nov 13, 2017
PPR
Wondering if I should start Odell Beckham jr vs Pittsburgh since he's been more dud than stud this year.
Two WR slots and a flex.
Flex is fine.
Potential WRs this week are Courtland Sutton, Michael Gallup, Odell Beckham jr, or Calvin Ridley.
I'd put him under Sutton and Gallup personally, and would rank OBJ third over Ridley. Who do you have otherwise in contention for the third spot?

OP
OP
Smurf

Smurf

Oct 25, 2017
I currently have the Cowboys DST, picked up on a Streamer. They've got the Lions, who are of course playing on a rookie backup QB.

But I'm torn... do I grab the Jets instead? They've got the Skins.
If Stafford is out I would go with the Cowboys

PPR
Two WR slots and a flex.
Flex is fine.
I would play Gallup, Ridley, and Beckham

Oct 27, 2017
Bye weeks are such a PITA. I am basically forced to play kid beater Hunt with Carson out. Streaming Carolina's QB too. Hopefully Julio Jones and Michael Thomas heat up this week.

I really need a better RB2, who is worth making a trade offer for that probably won't take the last two games of the season off?

Also: Is it worth stashing Hooper for a month in hopes he'll be productive in week 15/ 16? I have Hockenson, bit he's no more consistent than most other wire pickups.

Last edited:

NSA

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Man all Steelers of note are hurt or doing nothing tonight. I hate Thursday games.

NFL Media's Ian Rapoport reports the Eagles "intend" to sign free agent RB Jay Ajayi.
The two parties are in "deep in talks", so the official word should come out shortly. The Eagles lost Darren Sproles to injured reserve and Jordan Howard is dealing with a "stinger" at the moment. Ajayi does have familiarity with the organization having played there two seasons ago, but it would be tough to play Week 11 on this short of notice, assuming he does actually sign. Ajayi would likely be the third back behind Howard and rookie Miles Sanders.

NSA

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
For fantasy that's kind of a crappy landing spot. I'd hoped he'd go somewhere where he had a chance to be a good #1 RB.

I feel like it'll be a jumbled mess if Howard isn't hurt too bad.