• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Blitzrules240

Self requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Midwest
Having both Jacob Hollister and Dallas Goedert is surprisingly a headache since they're both solid flex TE.

Gonna roll with Goedert though with the lack of weapons for Wentz.

Crazymoogle

Game Developer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Asia
Should I go with DK Metcalf against the Eagles or DJ Moore against the Saints?
Also, should I go with Sony Michel against Dallas or Ronald Jones against the Falcons?

I'm rolling DK and Sony this week. Pats game is wet with lots of WR injury question marks, while the Falcons Defense is inexplicably trending up. Hell, Bo Scarbough found points against the Cowboys too. DK is a gut call but he's just been so damn active fantasy scoring wise. I'd rather pray on Russell than Kyle Allen.

It's gonna be wet and messy though while the Niners have the Packers O line have been consistent and yet, Philly and Rivers beat them.

I can't imagine benching the 49ers D. Even if it's a "bad" game they always find their takeaways and/or defensive scores.

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
I can't imagine benching the 49ers D. Even if it's a "bad" game they always find their takeaways and/or defensive scores.
I ended up with 2 good Ds in my league, it's just both are hitting the insane part of their schedules. And both have been putting up points, I just lose when my top guys get hurt or byed.

SealedSeven

Prophet of Regret
The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Going to lose my match up due to Matt Ryan and Jaylen Samuels... Only hope is if Ingram breaks his leg before getting 2 points..

One game left before playoffs next week, and I'll be in 6th with 1 game up on 7th (who will beat me this week). 7th has tie breaker in points. I'm against Mahomes and Kelce... guess it's hoping 7th place loses next week in order to survive.

Bigkrev

Oct 25, 2017
I ended up with a combined 6 points rom Derek Carr, TY Hilton, and Vance McDonald, but my opponent ended up with a combined 7 points from Dak Prescott, Amari Cooper and Jonnu Smith so it all worked out.

Tons of QBs just didn't show up this week- Russ, Ryan, Rodgers, Dak, etc

NSA

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Need Ravens D to get 2 points.. God I hate leaving the fate of the week to a defense on a Monday night.

Metalix

Oct 28, 2017
Won pretty comfortably this week and my friend in 1st place (who I was tied with on 8-3) lost!

Everything's coming up Milhouse.

natjjohn

Oct 25, 2017
It's early and will probably solicit opinions again.

Have a must win matchup. Lamar against the Niners (leaning this way as he has been on a tear and seems matchup proof) OR Aaron Rodgers in a likely bounce back game against the Giants?

Rygar1126

Oct 27, 2017
Thinking of sitting Golladay this week. Depends on the health of Driskell. My WR crew is a trash fire, though, so it's not like my other options are much better (Cobb, Westbrook)

i miss u stafford

XL Hoodie

Oct 25, 2017
U.S.
I had a 43 point lead with Tucker to play yet. Then Lamar and Ingram ended my playoff hopes.

Why couldn't he just let Tucker have his 51 yard FG? That was some BS.

Bigkrev

Oct 25, 2017
I had a 43 point lead with Tucker to play yet. Then Lamar and Ingram ended my playoff hopes.

Why couldn't he just let Tucker have his 51 yard FG? That was some BS.
It's hilarious that the Ravens might have the greatest Kicker in NFL history on their roster, who is completely wasted because of how incredible Lamar is.
This is also another reason why you should never reach for Kickers before the final 2 rounds- even if they are the most talented Kicker in the world on an elite offense, they could still be pretty bad for you!

APZonerunner

Features Editor at VG247.com
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
England
Got extremely lucky in that my opponent played Lamar Jackson but the Ravens benched him when he was within three points of beating me. Literally one more drive from him and I would've lost. God damn.

SealedSeven

Prophet of Regret
The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Dropped Matt Ryan, benching Dak Prescott, and living on a prayer playing Sam Darnold this week for my must win match. Also snagged Jets Defense too.

Can't believe I'm saying this, but lets go Jets!

18a36df3fbqqnjpg.jpg

Rygar1126

Oct 27, 2017
Honestly thinking of benching Cooper in my other league. Tough match up against White, and seemingly still kind of banged up. Also have Chark and Evans in my WR slots.

Maybe in Flex? I have Ronald Jones in there, plus Tevin Coleman on the bench as well

who are the opponents... home or road?

See, I have a TE decision myself

Mark Andrews vs. SF
Ryan Griffin @ Cin

Andrews is facing a tough Niners D that has been very tough on TEs, Griffin is facing Cincy who is middle of the pack vs. TEs. Including home/road and teams matter.

TheeFanatic

Oct 26, 2017
who are the opponents... home or road?

See, I have a TE decision myself

Mark Andrews vs. SF
Ryan Griffin @ Cin

Andrews is facing a tough Niners D that has been very tough on TEs, Griffin is facing Cincy who is middle of the pack vs. TEs. Including home/road and teams matter.
It's literally a toss up because both are capable of getting a TD grab. But Griffth's catch may only be that TD grab. He's only gotten 3-4 catches per game.

It's literally a toss up because both are capable of getting a TD grab. But Griffth's catch may only be that TD grab. He's only gotten 3-4 catches per game.
Yeah, making thing tougher is Andrews snap % has fluctuated a lot recently. He's still Lamar's favorite receiver so when he's in he's going to be targeted, but Baltimore has been running 3 TE sets and 2 Te sets with no Andrews more. Plus, Lamar has evolved and is targeting Ingram and his WRs more (similar strat when New Englad looked to take away Andrews, so Baltimore didn't have him out there). Against a different team I could see him getting 7-8 targets but San Fran LBs are no joke... I also have Lamar as my QB so I'm a bit biased.

Griffin isn't anything special, but Gase's crazy offensive scheme targets TEs in the red zone a lot. He could get that target.

Last edited:

grang

Nov 13, 2017
Alright folks, it's come to this. My best options are Dorsett vs the Texans or Higbee vs the Cardinals, who have been horrible against the TE position, but it's Higbee (and Goff). Texans pass coverage isn't great, but Dorsett is just coming back and isn't a lock to get targets anyway. Thoughts?

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
Last week, I picked the Niners D and they basically smashed it.

Keep em or play the Pats D vs. Texans?

Last edited:
Jul 18, 2018
It's early and will probably solicit opinions again.

Have a must win matchup. Lamar against the Niners (leaning this way as he has been on a tear and seems matchup proof) OR Aaron Rodgers in a likely bounce back game against the Giants?
This is one I'm curious about starting, Rodgers or Lamar?

Question, for Flex: Snell Jr (rb) or Griffen (te)?

SealedSeven

Prophet of Regret
The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Started Sam Darnold over Dak Prescott. Started Ronald Jones over Joe Mixon. Have Golladay and Marvin Jones also on bench.

Im done with fantasy pros and expert selections......

Edit: projected 78 points. 96 points on bench.

Last edited:

Bigkrev

Oct 25, 2017
Man, everyone had a bad week. I thought I was going to sleepwalk my way into the playoffs this week, but Christian McCaffery had his first non-double-digit game since week 2 this week (9 points), and my last minute replacement for TY Hilton, Will Fuller ended up with zero points, and the Jets D barely got positive points.

Thankfully, all the teams I was competing with had bad weeks, and I need the following to happen tonight to make the playoffs (no PPR)
-Dalvin Cook UNDER 23 points
-Chris Carson and Minnesota Defense combine OVER 7 points

SpecX

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
I wanna thank everyone who helped me when I needed suggestions throughout the weeks. Had my season closer matchup last night and James White killed it putting me in 2nd place and giving me the bye week for the playoffs.

This season has been crazy, I was ranked as having one of the worst draft picks out of all the teams in our league, yet with a couple minor adjustments, I've been able to carry this team this far.

Off to the playoffs I go, wish me luck as I go for this money!

Bigkrev

Oct 25, 2017
I really needed Thielen for tonight. :(

*starts Josh Gordon and prays he goes off tonight*
If you are PPR, and need more of a floor than a ceiling, you might want to go with Bisi Johnson, who caught 6 balls last week and a TD the week before in the weeks without Theiland. Josh Gordon might get you zero points, but he has the upside of a 18+ point week if he goes off

Doomsayer

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I ended with the #1 seed in my big money league. If I'm being honest I don't see how I don't walk through the playoffs as well. My team is absurdly stacked and stashing Guice seems like it was a smart move.

QB: Watson
RB: McCaffrey, Josh Jacobs, Guice, Drake
WR: Evans, Edelman, Kupp, Watkins, Kirk, Boyd, Williams (he will most likely be dropped for... someone)
TE: Waller
K: Sly (needs to be replaced ASAP)
D: Browns (drop), Ravens

Highest scoring team in the league by nearly 200 points.

Bigkrev

Oct 25, 2017
So, what was everyone's worst pick of the year? Mine was Duke Johnson in the 4th round, and Corey Davis in the 7th round

OP
OP
Smurf

Smurf

Oct 25, 2017
So, what was everyone's worst pick of the year? Mine was Duke Johnson in the 4th round, and Corey Davis in the 7th round
Damien Williams at 2.12

Didn't like him, faded him all the way during mock season. But then he caught like 60 yard TD pass during the preseason and got back on my radar. Rip

UberTag

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Kitchener, ON
Pretty much every pick after Round 5 was a disaster for my team... LeSean McCoy, Dante Pettis, Justice Hill, Adam Humphries, Ty Montgomery. Only a flyer on DK Metcalf in the 11th salvaged my abysmal draft. And this was after foolishly going all-in on the Chiefs in the opening rounds with the Kelce-Mahomes tandem (both of whom I've since traded away due to my lack of depth).

And somehow, despite one of the most wretched drafts imaginable, I find myself in 3rd place out of 16 teams with a looming 9-4 record.

My best pick was easily Austin Ekeler in the 4th. Without him paying off, I dare say my season would have been toast long ago.

Compare this mess with the draft our first place team had... Christian McCaffrey, Adam Thielen, Leonard Fournette, DJ Moore, Dede Westbrook, Dak Prescott, Marvin Jones, Kenyan Drake, Marquise "Hollywood" Brown, etc. He flubbed Tight End but picked up Hunter Henry for nothing off free agency a week prior to his return.

This just goes to show that if you draft smartly, you'll save yourself a world of grief. And, if you don't draft smartly, you'll find yourself making 77 roster moves (and counting) in order to salvage a shot at recouping your buy-in before the inevitable fantasy playoff flameout.

Doomsayer

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I drafted the Browns defense, that was a big miss. I think other than that my draft was relatively successful.

Maybe Kerryon Johnson in the 3rd, and that's really only because he got hurt.

In my other money league I drafted Joe Mixon in the 2nd... over Dalvin Cook.

Dbltap

Oct 31, 2017
Woodinville, WA
I'm a bit disappointed in our league. We had a few guy's put their team on auto pilot and not even respond to trade offers.

I get that losing sucks. I've had my bad years also but I always kept a full team playing and responded to trades. It's common courtesy.