• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

peppermints

Oct 25, 2017
Man got super burned by both the Eagles DST and Brett Maher this week, which I thought were savvy waiver wire adds for the rest of the season + playoffs.. boy was I wrong.

Would you trust the Eagles to make it through the playoffs? Should I add someone else?

Considering:
Vikings
Packers

SealedSeven

Prophet of Regret
The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Odell
Boyd
Anderson
Golladay

1/2 ppr. Picking 3 from that group. I don't know if I can trust Odell as he's consistently under 10 points. Boyd should get forced targets by Dalton again, making him potential to get yards and even a TD. Anderson got 100 yard day even on Sam Darnolds worst outing, and now playing Miami, he could match and get a TD too.

Golladay is the other question mark. Yes he did well with Blough for one half, but essentially had a 4 catch day with a QB with no tape to watch. Now that a game is out there, will Blough still get him the ball or will Vikings run over the lions?

I could always run Coleman or Mostert as flex too, but against Saints... looks ugly.

My thought is benching Odell for the other 3, but its hard to sit Odell...

Dr_LawyerCop

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
Odell
Boyd
Anderson
Golladay

1/2 ppr. Picking 3 from that group. I don't know if I can trust Odell as he's consistently under 10 points. Boyd should get forced targets by Dalton again, making him potential to get yards and even a TD. Anderson got 100 yard day even on Sam Darnolds worst outing, and now playing Miami, he could match and get a TD too.

Golladay is the other question mark. Yes he did well with Blough for one half, but essentially had a 4 catch day with a QB with no tape to watch. Now that a game is out there, will Blough still get him the ball or will Vikings run over the lions?

I could always run Coleman or Mostert as flex too, but against Saints... looks ugly.

My thought is benching Odell for the other 3, but its hard to sit Odell...

It'd be between Boyd or Anderson on who I'd bench. Boyd has been better this year but Anderson has the better matchup. But I don't know if I trust the Jets. You don't want to bench a stud like OBJ or Golladay in the playoffs.

SealedSeven

Prophet of Regret
The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
It'd be between Boyd or Anderson on who I'd bench. Boyd has been better this year but Anderson has the better matchup. But I don't know if I trust the Jets. You don't want to bench a stud like OBJ or Golladay in the playoffs.

Its just can I trust Mayfield to get the ball to Beckham for enough points....

PillarEN

Oct 25, 2017
Secured a bye week (2nd in standings) for my Yahoo league.

Advanced to the finals in my ESPN league where only 4 advance and play two weeks in a row. Why do we conclude at week 15 instead of 16? I'm new and not gonna tell them it's kinda dumb to end that early since nobody sits week 16 anyways, so why not add an extra regular season week. Alas, I've already made my money back and then some as I can't be worse than 2nd now.

I put bids on Kansas City D/ST (for Week 15 vs. Denver) and Houston D/ST (this week vs. Denver). I hoped to win the KC bid since I have Dallas ready this week (@ Chicago). Surprisingly I won both... now I'm stuck on who to play this week:

Dallas @ Chicago and Mitchell Trubisky Thursday Night
Houston vs Denver and Drew Lock on the road Sunday

Dallas D has the better pass rush and secondary, but Lock on the road might fire a few INTs.
So, what was everyone's worst pick of the year? Mine was Duke Johnson in the 4th round, and Corey Davis in the 7th round
14 team Standard league

7th round, Pick 92 - Marquez Valdes-Scantling, WR Green Bay
Playoffs baby

16-team .5 PPR

Mahomes vs NE or Tannehill vs OAK?
I think you have to play Mahomes, it's not like KC will run it down New England's throat here. Even if he struggles I don't think the difference between a poor Mahomes game is that different from an average Tannehill game script.

Last edited:

UberTag

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Kitchener, ON
Playoffs baby

16-team .5 PPR

Mahomes vs NE or Tannehill vs OAK?
I didn't trade you Mahomes so you could bench him in the fantasy playoffs, you know.

That said, Frankman's right on the money. The Chiefs are frankensteining 5 broken down running backs together into some half-baked, unreliable committee and New England's once formidable D has given up big games of late to elite QBs like Lamar Jackson and Deshaun Watson. I would include Mahomes in that company as well. KC is going to be leaning on Mahomes to deliver a crucial conference win and leaning on him hard.

Meanwhile, the Raiders have been a disaster the past two weeks and there's no reason to presume the Titans will have to deviate from their preferred offensive scheme of having Tannehill game manage while having Derrick Henry accumulate 30 or so touches while burning clock. Tennessee is only going to move away from that approach and air it out when their hand is forced. Oakland has been blown out two straight weeks to the Jets and Chiefs while putting up a grand total of 12 points.

Blitzrules240

Self requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Midwest
idk what to do about Tyler Lockett, luckily I didn't need him on Monday but I'm the 6th seed in my league of record and currently starting him but my other options are

Deebo Samuel
Golden Tate
Jacob Hollister

Might roll Hollister for safety if I'm winning, Lockett for ceiling.

grang

Nov 13, 2017
0.5 PPR, can only start 2 RB. Derrick Henry is locked in, and I have to choose between

Aaron Jones vs the Redskins
or
Melvin Gordon vs the Jags

Jones hasn't been trending in the right direction, but I'm the 8 seed facing the 1 seed and a huge Jones game would be massive for me. But the Jags D is poor against the run of late.

Also I've got Darnold and Fitzmagic, leaning Fitz with Jamal Adams likely out

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
Would any of you dare to sit Mahomes this week for a QB with a better matchup? He hasn't exactly been lighting the league on fire since he returned from his injury which has lead to me limping into my league's playoffs on a 3 game losing streak.

0.5 PPR, can only start 2 RB. Derrick Henry is locked in, and I have to choose between

Aaron Jones vs the Redskins
or
Melvin Gordon vs the Jags
Kinda tough since both backs have an understudy who could undercut them, but I kinda have to go Jones.
Would any of you dare to sit Mahomes this week for a QB with a better matchup? He hasn't exactly been lighting the league on fire since he returned from his injury which has lead to me limping into my league's playoffs on a 3 game losing streak.
Unless your league has some zany points rules or your better matchup is Lamar Jackson, no. Just no. It's been explained earlier in the page.

Oct 28, 2017
California
I put bids on Kansas City D/ST (for Week 15 vs. Denver) and Houston D/ST (this week vs. Denver). I hoped to win the KC bid since I have Dallas ready this week (@ Chicago). Surprisingly I won both... now I'm stuck on who to play this week:

Dallas @ Chicago and Mitchell Trubisky Thursday Night
Houston vs Denver and Drew Lock on the road Sunday

Dallas D has the better pass rush and secondary, but Lock on the road might fire a few INTs.

14 team Standard league

7th round, Pick 92 - Marquez Valdes-Scantling, WR Green Bay

I think you have to play Mahomes, it's not like KC will run it down New England's throat here. Even if he struggles I don't think the difference between a poor Mahomes game is that different from an average Tannehill game script.
I didn't trade you Mahomes so you could bench him in the fantasy playoffs, you know.

That said, Frankman's right on the money. The Chiefs are frankensteining 5 broken down running backs together into some half-baked, unreliable committee and New England's once formidable D has given up big games of late to elite QBs like Lamar Jackson and Deshaun Watson. I would include Mahomes in that company as well. KC is going to be leaning on Mahomes to deliver a crucial conference win and leaning on him hard.

Meanwhile, the Raiders have been a disaster the past two weeks and there's no reason to presume the Titans will have to deviate from their preferred offensive scheme of having Tannehill game manage while having Derrick Henry accumulate 30 or so touches while burning clock. Tennessee is only going to move away from that approach and air it out when their hand is forced. Oakland has been blown out two straight weeks to the Jets and Chiefs while putting up a grand total of 12 points.

Hope you guys are right. Mahomes it is then.

UberTag

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Kitchener, ON
Gardner Minshew vs Kyler Murray CBS sportsline has a slight edge to Murray. Murray can get some yards via his feet..but I dunno.
I'd hate to have to start either guy this week given better options. Love Minshew's matchups after this week, however.

I'd give Murray the edge for this week as well but have legitimate concerns about his lingering hamstring issues. He looked terrible coming off a bye against a Rams team that had been effortlessly schooled by the Ravens a week prior. The Cardinals offensive line is also in tatters.

Ok.. Should I know something about Kareem Hunt? I found him on the waiver wire Should I drop Bo Scarbough for him?
I'm not sure what size/rules your league has, but sometimes it's better to assume your leaguemates are morons rather than give them too much respect. Kareem Hunt should be owned. I'd probably drop Bo but that's me... waitaminute--
... Demitrus Guice? Derrius! Put some respek on his name and keep him on your roster!

Tom Nook

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Lockett vs RAMS (Goosed me last week and the 2 games prior, under 5pts)
or
J Washington vs ARI (hot streak with Hodges)

I should start Washington, right?

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
Lockett vs RAMS (Goosed me last week and the 2 games prior, under 5pts)
or
J Washington vs ARI (hot streak with Hodges)

I should start Washington, right?

If Juju is still out, I think Washington is pretty much WR1 for the Steelers. Lockett I think still has the flu and will likely draw Jalen Ramsey this week.

Playoff game: Tom Brady (vs KC) or Kyler Murry (vs Pitt)?

I wouldn't trust Kyler Murray against that Pittsburgh defense. KC vs Pats should in theory look to be another shootout.

natjjohn

Oct 25, 2017
Mixon vs Michel.

Have Mixon in now, but would like to do Sony. Concerned about game script killing him though.

Arol

Avenger
Dec 29, 2017
Barely made the playoffs and deciding on who to start.

Here's my team I am starting:

Mahomes - QB
Kupp - WR
Hopkins - WR
Jones - RB
Fournette -RB
Kelce - TE
M. Evans - WR/R/T

But in my bench I have
T. Boyd
D. Moore
J. Brown.

Thinking of putting Moore and Boyd over Kupp and Evans.

Just need some advice, don't really care about the money but really want to beat the guy I'm playing.

Thanks in advance!

TheWorthyEdge

Oct 25, 2017
Barely made the playoffs and deciding on who to start.

Here's my team I am starting:

Mahomes - QB
Kupp - WR
Hopkins - WR
Jones - RB
Fournette -RB
Kelce - TE
M. Evans - WR/R/T

But in my bench I have
T. Boyd
D. Moore
J. Brown.

Thinking of putting Moore and Boyd over Kupp and Evans.

Just need some advice, don't really care about the money but really want to beat the guy I'm playing.

Thanks in advance!

Barely made the playoffs? What the fuck?

Maybe Moore over Kupp, but I'm not taking Mike Evans out for Boyd.

Jogi

Prophet of Regret
Jul 4, 2018
interesting dilemma. Locked up the first seed in my league (playoffs starting week 15 and 16) and have the 2nd waiver priority. Don't have huge needs to be filled, but have been thinking about picking up Eagles DEF to slot in for the Pats D this week.

Worth it to burn my waiver on a DEF (Pick up: Eagles Drop: Ryan Griffin TE) even though I don't necessarily need them for the playoffs?

UberTag

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Kitchener, ON
Flex Decaf Metcalf or Christian Kirk?
I dumped Kirk to the waiver wire a couple days ago... and I'm entertaining starting Decaf over John Brown.
That should tell you everything you need to know about who I would roll with.

The Cardinals claim Murray is "fully healed" from his hamstring scare despite the fact that it was a problem during the bye week and clearly hampered his play last game. I buy that about as much as I buy that Dalvin Cook is now "fully healed" from the chest/shoulder issue that flared up under identical circumstances.

Kirk has only scored touchdowns in one game this season... and sadly, none of his upcoming matchups are anywhere close to being as favorable as his blowup game against the Bucs was.

Conversely, Decaf seems to be a reliable start so long as Tyler Lockett remains in his funk.

Mudcrab

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
I dumped Kirk to the waiver wire a couple days ago... and I'm entertaining starting Decaf over John Brown.

The Cardinals claim Murray is "fully healed" from his hamstring scare despite the fact that it was a problem during the bye week and clearly hampered his play last game. I buy that about as much as I buy that Dalvin Cook is now "fully healed" from the chest/shoulder issue that flared up under identical circumstances.

Kirk has only scored touchdowns in one game this season... and sadly, none of his upcoming matchups are anywhere close to being as favorable as his blowup game against the Bucs was.

Conversely, Decaf seems to be a reliable start so long as Tyler Lockett remains in his funk.

Wow thank you for the right up. Gonna fire up Decaf for my first playoff game!

J2C

Oct 26, 2017
What's your all feelings on Josh Jacobs injury, I guess he's been playing with a fractured shoulder since week 7? Yet the idea that its now out in the public has me wondering. Last regular season game of the year, up 60pts for the last playoff spot. Maybe I should start Kareem Hunt over Jacobs and just be safe to get the points. Or assume he's going to continue to play without too many restrictions

He's my #2 RB and still the RB10 so

Blitzrules240

Self requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Midwest
What's your all feelings on Josh Jacobs injury, I guess he's been playing with a fractured shoulder since week 7? Yet the idea that its now out in the public has me wondering. Last regular season game of the year, up 60pts for the last playoff spot. Maybe I should start Kareem Hunt over Jacobs and just be safe to get the points. Or assume he's going to continue to play without too many restrictions

He's my #2 RB and still the RB10 so
Also have Jacobs but he's my RB3 (I have Henry and Gordon) but yeah, if he sits I'm playing Snell or Golden Tate.

grang

Nov 13, 2017
Ah, you're the reason why Minx is now starting him lol. I threw in a waiver but had no funds left. I hope your take is correct!

J2C

Oct 26, 2017
Also have Jacobs but he's my RB3 (I have Henry and Gordon) but yeah, if he sits I'm playing Snell or Golden Tate.

My concern is him starting but taking only a few snaps, then sitting. it was easier being ignorant of the shoulder fracture. Now if the Raiders fall out of the wildcard race, feel like Jacobs might sit the year. Unless they want him to get that rookie of the year award.

Blitzrules240

Self requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Midwest
My concern is him starting but taking only a few snaps, then sitting. it was easier being ignorant of the shoulder fracture. Now if the Raiders fall out of the wildcard race, feel like Jacobs might sit the year. Unless they want him to get that rookie of the year award.
Yeah I'm nervous about a quick start and out or him being active but not playing a lot.

The joys of fantasy football...

UberTag

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Kitchener, ON
As soon as I saw the Bell news I swooped up Powell in my 16-team league, and I seriously don't know what to do lol.
It's not as easy as slotting him in over Singletary because you can run on the Ravens. Mostert gashed 'em up something fierce last week. So you've pretty much just got yourself a conundrum now... although I appreciate you jumping on the nab before Crazymoogle (for whom Powell would have definitely been an upgrade).

Somnia

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
I'm going to make my Dynasty championship game most likely (unless Ertz scores 34 tomorrow) somehow with the following lineup starting most of the year.

Kirk Cousins or Tannenhill
Dalvin Cook
Chris Carson
Kenny Golladay
Deebo Samuels
Travis Kelce
Randall Cobb
James Washington/Amendola (when Dissly got hurt otherwise he was my flex)

I took this team over 3 years ago with no 1st round rookie picks for 2 years and not a single one of the above players on the roster. The previous owner was horrible.

OP
OP
Smurf

Smurf

Oct 25, 2017
I'm going to make my Dynasty championship game most likely (unless Ertz scores 34 tomorrow) somehow with the following lineup starting most of the year.

Kirk Cousins or Tannenhill
Dalvin Cook
Chris Carson
Kenny Golladay
Deebo Samuels
Travis Kelce
Randall Cobb
James Washington/Amendola (when Dissly got hurt otherwise he was my flex)

I took this team over 3 years ago with no 1st round rookie picks for 2 years and not a single one of the above players on the roster. The previous owner was horrible.
Congrats. Turning around a fucked up dynasty roster is not easy and requires a lot of patience.