• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

gitrektali

Feb 22, 2018
ESRB link

Platforms
Windows PC, PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Stadia, Xbox One, Xbox Series
Rating Summary
This is a first-person shooter in which players assume the role of Rex Power Colt, a cyber-commando tasked with neutralizing his former commanding officer. Players use pistols, machine guns, shotguns, explosives, and futuristic weapons to kill robotic cyber soldiers and mutant creatures in frenetic combat. Players can also employ close-combat attacks to stab enemies in the back and chest with a short sword. Battles are accompanied by screams of pain, realistic gunfire, and large explosions. Cyber enemies emit splashes of bright blue liquid when hit; a handful of still-frame cutscenes depict red blood when characters are shot. During the course of the game, a still-frame cutscene depicts silhouetted characters engaging in a brief sex act—sexual moaning sounds/dialogue is heard; bare buttocks and breasts are briefly depicted. The words "f**k" and "sh*t" can be heard in the game.

Shift Breaker

Oct 25, 2017
Can't wait. Have absolutely no interest in Far Cry 6, but I'm all over this. Fun, funny, ridiculous and more importantly, it's not that long. You get the best variation of the Ubisoft formula, a drastically cut down version of it. Shout out to Assassin's Creed Rogue as well.

Fisty

Oct 25, 2017
Please be sold separately, I've been aching to replay this at something above 25fps.

It was my first and only Far Cry game until last year when I played FC3 Classic, and all that game made me do was want to replay Blood Dragon

Smash-It Stan

Oct 25, 2017
Wonder how many will bounce off when the schtick wears off after an hour and their left with a really mediocre shooter

Jul 25, 2020
Yes, yes and yes again! I absolutely loved this game. I'm not a fan of the overall Far Cry series but seeing Michael Beihn in it as well as the whole 80's action movie parody aesthetic made me go all in for this game and I never regretted it. If this game is 4K/60FPS on PlayStation 5, I'd happily purchase it. Be nice if they get a few more visual improvements. A straight port would just be disappointing.

CatAssTrophy

Dec 4, 2017
Texas
Hopefully it's not a bare-minimum-effort port like Far Cry 3 on PS4 was.

At least up the res and get it to a locked 60 or something. I don't need it to have DualSense support and other bells and whistles, I just want a competent version.

Sanguine

Jun 10, 2018
One of the few Ubisoft games that I genuinely enjoyed from the start to finish. I really enjoyed the 80s action film parody aspect and I felt like the length was just enough that I was able to do everything, but not get tired from bloat like I do with most Ubisoft games.

So, I hope they actually put some effort into the port (though I'll believe it when I see it).

8byte

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Kansas
If it's got some enhancements, I'm in. If not, I'll pass. Barebones ports don't really entice me much.

AfropunkNyc

Nov 15, 2017
Was thinking of doing a playthrough of this game again on my newer pc cause I haven't played it in a while back when core 2 duo was a thing.

Deleted member 46948

Account closed at user request
Banned
Aug 22, 2018
This was the only game in the Far Cry series that bored the f out of me. Dropped it after 30 minutes, on several attempts to get into it.
Yes it's funny but the gameplay is neon garbage.

Wetalo

Feb 9, 2018
indeed, Far Cry 3 "classic" on PS4/PS5 is still locked to 30 :(
To be fair, a locked 30 fps at 1080p is a lot better than the sub - 720p 15 - 27 fps range FC3 ran on PS3.

This was the only game in the Far Cry series that bored the f out of me. Dropped it after 30 minutes, on several attempts to get into it.
Yes it's funny but the gameplay is neon garbage.
Man I was so hyped to play Blood Dragon after loving FC3 but I didn't like the change in playstyle. The theming and visuals were great but the gameplay changes really were a step down from FC3.

Piggsy

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
One of my few 1000/1000G games on Xbox. Short and pure fun. I could double dip if they add 60FPS.

2Blackcats

Oct 26, 2017
I'll day 1 FC6 if this port has gotten some love. FC3 classic was pretty terrible though so my hopes aren't high.

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
Lol no Switch version. What's going on between Ubisoft and Nintendo? They're literally releasing nothing but Just Dance this year and they have nothing but Mario + Rabbids in the future (and that's Soliani's baby). They're leaving the system that everyone else flocking in.