• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Outlaw Torn

Oct 25, 2017
0fFqR59.jpg

Far Cry 3 Classic Edition will release on consoles on May 29th for those that bought Far Cry 5 Gold Edition or the Season Pass. Those that did not will have to wait until June 26th due to the Gold Edition and Season Pass having 4 weeks of early access.

https://forums.ubi.com/showthread.p...-Edition-Release-Date?p=13402084#post13402084

ASaiyan

Oct 25, 2017
Any word on what they'll be charging standalone? Hopefully less than the $30 season pass price, lol.

Shari

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
"Far Cry 3 Classic Edition will release on consoles on June 26th"

Only on consoles?

OP
OP
Outlaw Torn

Outlaw Torn

Oct 25, 2017
Where did you have to pre-order on pc to get it? I preordered on steam (the edition that came with the season pass) and didn't get it!
I bought the gold edition on steam and I certainly wasn't. I assumed I was getting the classic edition when it released.

How do I get Farcry 3?
Says here that Far Cry 3 for PC will be given at a later date
https://news.ubisoft.com/article/far-cry-5-season-pass-detailed-far-cry-3-classic-edition-included

Deleted member 31423

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Holy crap. I thought the game was going to be available today. Whats the point of buying the gold pass now? By the end of may the game will already have a steep discount.

Inuhanyou

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
Why would it be remastered if the game has "Classic Edition" in the title?

Again, why would they literally just port over the 360 and PS3 version? Its called classic edition because its single player only with no online elements.

This version of FC3 will be a mix of the PC version's higher settings at 1080p stable 30fps, and perhaps some custom stuff to play nice on the consoles. This is significantly better than the sub 720p, 20-25ish fps last gen version with certain graphical features below the lowest PC settings

Inuhanyou

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
Pretty sure there have been lazy re-releases that were just ports instead of actual remasters so it's a fair question. Especially considering this is something that's put in a Season Pass.

We're not talking about lazy re-releases though. We're talking about what is defined as a remaster. The res will likely increase from last gen, the FPS will likely be better than last gen and the graphical settings will be superior to last gen. That for all intents and purposes is a remaster. To begin with, they are starting from the PC version's base, not porting from last gen code when there is no reason to do so

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
I'm pretty cautious of the effort being put into this port. It seems liek they very carefully used the term "Classic Edition", which sounds worse in every way to "Remastered"

RoboPlato

Oct 25, 2017
I'm pretty cautious of the effort being put into this port. It seems liek they very carefully used the term "Classic Edition", which sounds worse in every way to "Remastered"
It'll at least be 1080p at a solid 30, which is way better than the low 20s that the original console release was at. Probably some of the higher PC settings as well. I'm not expecting much in the way of support for the Pro/X though. Would love to be wrong about that.

Zor

Oct 30, 2017
Can I just use this opportunity to say how underrated Brian Tyler's music was for this game. I still regularly listen to this one track, Falling Into a Dream, years after first hearing it in the game:

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
It'll at least be 1080p at a solid 30, which is way better than the low 20s that the original console release was at. Probably some of the higher PC settings as well. I'm not expecting much in the way of support for the Pro/X though. Would love to be wrong about that.
Yeah, I'm expecting 1080/30fps too, at decent PC settings. I'm fine with that, they're tempering expectations by positioning this as a bonus thing, and digital only.

LossAversion

The Merchant of ERA
Oct 28, 2017
It better be a huge improvement over the PS3 version at the very least. Better resolution, framerate, and no screen-tearing. A wider FOV would be nice as well if that's an option on the PC version.

Deleted member 1105

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Again, why would they literally just port over the 360 and PS3 version? Its called classic edition because its single player only with no online elements.

This version of FC3 will be a mix of the PC version's higher settings at 1080p stable 30fps, and perhaps some custom stuff to play nice on the consoles. This is significantly better than the sub 720p, 20-25ish fps last gen version with certain graphical features below the lowest PC settings

Can you please show me where you are getting this information from?

Inuhanyou

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
Can you please show me where you are getting this information from?

come on, just trust me lol. Have i steered you wrong before

Of course we dont know concrete facts about the actual specs, but i think its important to take into account common sense. Like why they would port the last gen versions over instead of the x86 existing PC version, or why they would not take advantage of the extra power of current gen machines to deliver a superior result.

Tagyhag

Oct 27, 2017
I'm very curious as to how it's going to look and play. I wish they'd be upfront about features like other devs, at least give us targets.

I never played 3 on consoles, so I thought people were exaggerating but holy fuck looking at some Youtube videos, I'm so glad I didn't buy the PS3 version off my friend and just paid more for the PC version.

Inuhanyou

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
I never played 3 on consoles, so I thought people were exaggerating but holy fuck looking at some Youtube videos, I'm so glad I didn't buy the PS3 version off my friend and just paid more for the PC version.

exactly. I think its common sense that ubi would have to actually go out of their way to make a game on the same level as last gen FC3, even with a budget release like this is.

Oct 25, 2017
This originally released before I upgraded my GPU and I remember playing through the whole game with a locked framerate of 15.

I wouldn't normally put myself through that kind of torture, but I'm a sucker for tropical settings in games.

Brian_FETO

The Million Post Man
Oct 25, 2017
So are they going to release a physical "future edition" that includes Blood Dragon

Would make sense why this one is a free season pass thing and obviously people want Blood Dragon (they're selling the season pass with the branding)

mindsale

Oct 29, 2017
Did I ever tell you the definition of insanity?

It's buying the same game multiple times.