• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Dr. Caroll

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Also what the fuck is with the screen bounds on this version?
bbptiwh.jpg

What a shameful port.
That's how the game is supposed to look. See the PC version.
220240_screenshots_20h3u4r.jpg

Far Cry 4 is the same.
298110_screenshots_208sug5.jpg

Dewin

Oct 26, 2017
I'm ok with the graphics. Just fix the damn controller dead zone. Its pretty bad. Feels wose than when i played it on Ps3 with wonky DS3.

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
I did a speed run, just finished the game on the X. The "complete the game" achievement only has a .2% completion rating so far, aha.

ResidentDante

Nov 2, 2017
Oslo, Norway
The game has always been like this.

Far Cry 4 is exactly the same. It wasn't until FC: Primal that the HUD elements were moved down in the corners instead of being offset.

I see! My bad, though they could have fixed this time around!

I did a speed run, just finished the game on the X. The "complete the game" achievement only has a .2% completion rating so far, aha.
Nice, that was quick!!

Linus815

Oct 29, 2017
The HUD is intentional,so you can keep your eyes on the action while quickly glancing at the relevant information you need. very few games put hud elements on the very edge of the screen.

B-Dex

Oct 25, 2017
Vancouver
The deadzone is killing this for me. Hopefully it gets fixed.

Also the trophy list won't show up at all and makes syncing take forever.

TheDanger

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
come on, just trust me lol. Have i steered you wrong before

Of course we dont know concrete facts about the actual specs, but i think its important to take into account common sense. Like why they would port the last gen versions over instead of the x86 existing PC version, or why they would not take advantage of the extra power of current gen machines to deliver a superior result.

so you were wrong lol

Oct 27, 2017
I played only the intro last night (just after the tutorial radio tower). 30fps is kinda disappointing but expected. At least the game looks good at 1080p. No wonder they call it 'classic edition' lol. But OTOH they never said it was a remaster.

Playing on Xbox One X.

JackEtc

Oct 28, 2017
NYC
The noises/gunshots sound way tinnier compared to the original release. Also I definitely hear like a couple crackle pops after reloading the 1911. Wtf is with this port lol

ResidentDante

Nov 2, 2017
Oslo, Norway
This video sheds some light:
https://youtu.be/Yu7d_cjaOZo

Stats for framerate in the description, X is the closest to solid 30fps. Resolution wise:
PS4: 1920x1080
XB1: 1600x900
PS4 Pro: 2560x1440 (he mentions Pro having some form of post-process AA)
XB1X: 2560x1440

I thought it looked a little too sharp to be plain 1080p on my X.

Inuhanyou

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey

AcridMeat

Oct 26, 2017
i mean the term remaster is marketing in of itself. last gen they were called HD editions or collections. It technically means nothing but enhanced port
But what you get is the PC version from 6 years ago with up-res, that's a port job not a remaster. A remaster would be a full asset rework. You're arguing technicalities on the terminology then saying yourself they're made up.

The fact is this is a quick port job.

Inuhanyou

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
But what you get is the PC version from 6 years ago with up-res, that's a port job not a remaster. A remaster would be a full asset rework. You're arguing technicalities on the terminology then saying yourself they're made up.

The fact is this is a quick port job.

I mean like i said, remaster means nothing but enhanced port. FC3 is still enhanced from the previous console version. Your basically making the definition "full asset rework" when barely any remasters released even have that outside of SOTC, COD4, Spyro and Crash

Deleted member 17361

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Finally able to start playing, got so many crashes just trying to start a new game :/ I had to put the game from an external drive to internal and i hard reset my 1X and I'm finally able to play it. Looks pretty nice to me, glad to play through this again. Haven't had any crashes again yet but crossing my fingers i don't have any more trouble

ResidentDante

Nov 2, 2017
Oslo, Norway
Last edited:

Nowise10

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This game is just a pure crash test on my PS4 Pro

It manages to destroy even the ps4 main menu. How is this acceptable to be released?

I had over 8 crashes today, 5 in my last playthrough tonight, and I'm on Xbox. Fucking trying to load your save is Russian roulette of if it will freeze or not. No wonder killing Vaas is a rare achievement, with only like 1.92% of players getting too it.

Video: https://twitter.com/NoWise10/status/1002466755816710147

TheBeardedOne

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Derry
God I'm glad this is back and playable on current gen. This was one of the best and most immersive games on the Xbox 360 and PS3, and is still arguably the best Far Cry game.

I was worried I wouldn't enjoy it as much as I used to, or it'd really show its age (some people had mentioned bad performance but so far so good), but that hasn't been the case. I started playing it the other morning and had a hard time prying myself away from it to do other things. It was the "just one more" mission or tower mentality.

2Blackcats

Oct 26, 2017
Just checked, it's perfect now.

Don't forget to reduce your sensitivity a bit if you raised it before to compensate.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
This shit was 3 dollars on PS4 and I still feel ripped off. Can't even maintain a steady 30fps while walking around and all the gun sounds are glitched. Every shotgun sounds the exact same, every pistol sounds the exact same and every full auto including the mounted 50. cal sounds the exact same.

Listen to this shit

What the fuck

It's been years and tons of complaints and Ubi didn't even bother addressing it.

This is on top of the audio compression and depth/surround sound whatever being ass cheeks.

Last edited:

EekumBokum

Oct 25, 2017
This game is awesome. It strikes a great balance of the Ubisoft checklisting system. They've gone off the deep end nowadays plus no GaaS systems, it's just a satisfying game.

TechMetalRules

▲ Legend ▲
Sep 11, 2019
United States
Sure, why not... This is still my favorite Far Cry game! I have it on XBox One X and haven't noticed the issues stated above, but maybe it's just because I wasn't paying attention!