• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

J_Viper

Oct 25, 2017
Was it really?

I watched the DF on it and they said it was basically on a par with the PC version

Is that what counts as ugly these days?
I think being programmed solely for last gen consoles limits its visuals, but going from Origins back to Rogue is an eyesore

The PC version looks rough too, even on max settings

Deleted member 15447

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I guess why they called it Classic and not Remaster.

Spend a million dollars on the Gold Editon of FC5 and get this disappointment.

oni-link

tag reference no one gets
Oct 25, 2017
UK
I think being programmed solely for last gen consoles limits its visuals, but going from Origins back to Rogue is an eyesore

The PC version looks rough too, even on max settings

Well yeah, going back to any game from 2012 is going to look rough when you compare it to a game from 2017

As someone who played the PS3 version of FC3 back in 2013, I'd be more than happy with a 1080 30fps PC version on PS4

That said, I don't remember the PS3 version being the abomination everyone says it is. I'm sure it is terrible but the performance didn't negatively affect my enjoyment at the time

I wouldn't want to go back to the PS3 version though

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
Loads of hitching, no X enhancements, the same compressed "tin can" audio as the original version and noticeable input lag. Thanks Ubi, you might as well not even bothered.

v_iHuGi

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Game is 30fps, horrible motion blur, graphics don't seem upgraded.

This is a straight port lol

boi

Nov 1, 2017
Just buy the previous gen version. It has co op and multiplayer and is like 7 euros on Xbox Live. (And its back compatible)

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
In addition to the lackluster/negligable visual improvements and the myriad of general performance issues, this thing is crash city on the One X. Crashed seven times in two hours of play.

Inuhanyou

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
gonna need DF's take on this one. after the exellence that was rogue remaster, this is very concerning.

i didnt expect it to be 60fps, but i also didnt expect performance issues like some are saying here

What we should be getting is a solid 30fps game with settings on the higher tier of the PC version, i dont really see how performance issues come into play if your properly optimizing for multiple cores at once

JackEtc

Oct 28, 2017
NYC
Reading the impressions here are really disappointing. I was all on the FC5 hype train and bought the gold edition for FC3...5 was fun but I was let down overall (especially by the ending) so I was looking forward to playing 3 again as it was my favorite of the series...not looking too good reading everything on here though

Nowise10

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Loads of hitching, no X enhancements, the same compressed "tin can" audio as the original version and noticeable input lag. Thanks Ubi, you might as well not even bothered.

I've never understood why the audio for certain stuff like dialouge sounded like this. The game didn't come out 20 years ago, it came out 6.

Jakartalado

Oct 27, 2017
SĂŁo Paulo, Brazil
Ubi had me easily with their content and support in the past months.

Used the 20% discount and went all the way with far Cry 5 Gold Edition. Guess I have another lesson learned from Ubi.

NEVER PRE ORDER SOMETHING FROM UBISOFT

Kris1977

Nov 25, 2017
Yeah I've had one crash on the pro but not sure where the frame rate issues are coming from?? I'm not having any and I'm very picky about performance issues. Performance is on a par with all the other far cry releases this gen imo. Seems a near solid 30 lock to me.

But yes, controls seem a bit off, it's hard to fathom whether it's a sensitivity issue on the analogues (which you can't seem to get as you really want it) or there is input lag similar to Prey.

But yeah, shoddy elsewhere. It's just a straight up 1080p I'd guess on a pro. Still holds up pretty well though if you can look beyond that. And we'll, you know, it's still a quality game!

Kris1977

Nov 25, 2017
I imagine they will iron out what they can. It was always going to be that season pass owners were going to beta test fc3 to a degree and issues will be corrected before it goes on general release.

Nowise10

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I've had 4 crashes since this came out last night.

edit* 5 crashes now. I don't think you can do Trials of the Rykrat , or atleast the one where you need to drive over enemies in a car. Crashed both times I finished it right as its loading up the scores.

edit2* 6 crashes. Game just crashed on me when trying to load it lmao.

edit3* I think the game corrupted my save cause it just crashes when I hit the continue button.

edit4* nope, third time I loaded in. Fucking hell Ubisoft.

Last edited:

JackEtc

Oct 28, 2017
NYC
My first impression is what the fuck is with the ABYSMAL DEADZONE on the sticks?? It's massive and makes aiming at any sensitivity feel AWFUL

2Blackcats

Oct 26, 2017

edit* 5 crashes now. I don't think you can do Trials of the Rykrat , or atleast the one where you need to drive over enemies in a car. Crashed both times I finished it right as its loading up the scores.

edit3* I think the game corrupted my save cause it just crashes when I hit the continue button.

Console?

Deleted member 9857

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017

hopefully they patch everything up by the time it releases standalone in 4 weeks... this sounds ridiculous

Last edited:

ResidentDante

Nov 2, 2017
Oslo, Norway
Played it last evening on my X, ran fine, might be drops here and there, bur nothing major.

I think it runs foliage much further ahead than on 360 and the textures look better imo.

Still a 60fps version would have been nice for X and Pro at least.

Nov 8, 2017
Watching a stream right now for a guy playing on a regular PS4. He said it's smooth and hasn't had any issues with it so far so he's happy with it.

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
Wait, please tell me it has at least 4k Resolution or AT LEAST native 1080p and not also the same 720p from last gen?

Vishmarx

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
My first impression is what the fuck is with the ABYSMAL DEADZONE on the sticks?? It's massive and makes aiming at any sensitivity feel AWFUL
This this this.
I thought my controller was broken. Visuals are fine and with boost mode it seems to be sticking to 30 at least but its borderline unplayable with this aiming.

ResidentDante

Nov 2, 2017
Oslo, Norway
Some screens on it running on Xbox One X:

944398fc-9711-4abb-90d4-927cfdd78fcc.PNG

6a233a7c-1851-42f3-bdec-caaef4002857.PNG

fdaa01e7-e755-4f0e-b565-8c6ea27b30ce.PNG

c128361b-5761-4067-b1af-276623f41dde.PNG

xrnzaaas

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I really liked Far Cry 3 (much more than 4), wouldn't mind finishing it again on my PS4 but for 5-10 dollars max.

Nowise10

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Had one crash tonight when doing a rare animal quest.

I just want to emphasize how often this game seems to crash. Also what the fuck is with the screen bounds on this version?
bbptiwh.jpg

What a shameful port.

oni-link

tag reference no one gets
Oct 25, 2017
UK

Playing on PS4?

AM_LIGHT

Oct 30, 2017
This is pretty disappointing, i was excited to play the game again expecting it to be 4K on the X . Loved the game back on the day on ps3.