• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Aokiji

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles
God-of-War-PS4-Sony-PSN-PlayStation-888265.jpg

"CHALLENGE ACCEPTED"*

*on PS4

Last edited:
OP
OP
Nirolak

Nirolak

Oct 25, 2017

Is it just me because I'm hearing not too much buzz about this game
Even among PlayStation Blog readers, who presumably are very, very PlayStation first party oriented people, it ranked #4 after God of War, Red Dead, and Spider-Man: https://www.resetera.com/threads/pl...-year-2017-the-winners-as-voted-by-you.15742/

It beat out games like Kingdom Hearts 3, Final Fantasy VII Remake, and Death Stranding, which only made it into the Honorable Mentions category.

Fart Master

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
A dumpster
Ubisoft Montreal is probably one the most successful developers in the industry at this point. Basically none of there games sell poorly or review poorly.

Oct 25, 2017
I mean, I was expecting big sales despite the seemingly low buzz, but biggest in the franchise? Damn.

Ubisoft has unlocked the secrets to it all.

Oct 27, 2017
Anecdotal evidence: A close friend of mine who has never shown interest in Far Cry before, all of a sudden has pre-ordered a copy and wants me to play co-op with him.

Meanwhile, I have played them all except for Primal. FC5 does not look like a huge upgrade in terms of gameplay elements but I'm still excited.

srtrestre

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
As someone who doesn't care about the franchise that much, I really liked the E3 presentation. I definitely have my eye on it and will get it pending reviews or impressions.

daniel77733

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Woohoo!!! NICE!!! Far Cry 5 is my first new game of 2018. The delay was disappointing but I already have my pre-order set at Best Buy and good to play once the game is released!!! And Far Cry 3 WAS the REAL 2012 game of the year!!! On a side note - I hate that all the yearly awards aren't even for the entire year. Wish that awards wouldn't occur until early February including The Game Awards. that would be so much better for so many reasons. Oh well. Can't wait for Far Cry 5!!! I'm ready to tear some shit up!!! LOL.

Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta
Kinda surprised. I expected it to be big, but friends of mine who are big FC fans don't seem too excited about it

Looks alright to me. Might grab it down the line if it's good

Jan 2, 2018
I'm actually really interested in seeing how they will handle the cult and religion themes,it will probably get the game a lot of exposure and coverage on mainstream media,not sure if positive coverage though.

Caiops

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, i don't get people.

It doesn't look much better than Far Cry 4, there's nothing different and appealing for me.

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
I believe it after Wildlands/Crew/RB6.
Ubi can pierce the market like no one.

daniel77733

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Even among PlayStation Blog readers, who presumably are very, very PlayStation first party oriented people, it ranked #4 after God of War, Red Dead, and Spider-Man: https://www.resetera.com/threads/pl...-year-2017-the-winners-as-voted-by-you.15742/

It beat out games like Kingdom Hearts 3, Final Fantasy VII Remake, and Death Stranding, which only made it into the Honorable Mentions category.

Honestly, Far Cry 5 SHOULD beat out those three games for one simple reason - they're further out and I don't see any of the three coming out before 2019.

Nintendo

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
Pretty sure it will! FC5 looks amazing from what I've seen so far and Ubi know how to make good co-op games.