• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

jakoo

Oct 27, 2017
What even is the tone of this game anymore. I thought this was a new IP for a second before I realized this is the same game that had the same dour and self-serious opening trailer. I am sure the gameplay will be fine but I have no idea what the identity of this game even is anymore.

II JumPeR I

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Germany
i hope they changed their mind in regards to game progress for your coop partner. Because ive read some weeks/months ago that the game progress will only be saved for the Host and not the Coop Partner. That would be pretty terrible

Papaya

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
California
I dont know where Far Cry fits in a post BotW, and MGSV world. MGSV perfected what Far Cry was always doing, and BotW showed a better alternative to what was going on. This just looks like Far Cry 4 and 3.

Cozmo

Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
I'm looking forward to it and I'm going to play it but with each trailer it looks more and more like Far Cry: Wildlands. Which maybe isn't a bad thing, just an observation.

Conkerkid11

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
i hope they changed their mind in regards to game progress for your coop partner. Because ive read some weeks/months ago that the game progress will only be saved for the Host and not the Coop Partner. That would be pretty terrible
Yeah, I never launched Far Cry 4 more than once because of that. All my progress was wiped after like an 8 hour play session with a friend. On top of that, it was buggy as all hell with me getting shot by invisible enemies a lot of the time that only the host could see.

funky

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Someone needs to tell Ubisoft to just top doing the "camera pulls out and look at all these objective markers" shot in trailers.

Fezan

Oct 26, 2017
Man if its co-op like farcry 4 where one can invite other without game it would be great

KonradLaw

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Someone needs to tell Ubisoft to just top doing the "camera pulls out and look at all these objective markers" shot in trailers.
That marketing never existed anywhere besides in people's heads. The very first videos we've seen from it had dude installing huge gatlin gun on little airplane, hot femakle bartender making molotov coctails and priest with big ass gun hidden in a bible. It's never was anything than typical Far Cry madness

KonradLaw

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I dont know where Far Cry fits in a post BotW, and MGSV world. MGSV perfected what Far Cry was always doing, and BotW showed a better alternative to what was going on. This just looks like Far Cry 4 and 3.
Neither BotW nor MGSV matched core Far Cry 3-4 gameplay, so bassicaly Ubi is just competing with themselves here, having to deliver substantial improvement over already stellar formula that got used one times to many.

Horse Armour

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Ubisoft really can't help themselves from creating an Ubisoft game can they? Just look at this:

z8jq52M.jpg

There isn't a better way to immediately crater everyone's excitement in less than 2 seconds.

Does this look attractive to anyone at all? Who still enjoys Ubisoft iconathons anymore?

Shock32

Oct 27, 2017
I'm really glad they made a full 100% co-op game and not just encampments from past games. That sold me on it.

KodaRuss

Oct 27, 2017
Texas
I think I might jump on this one. February doesnt look as crowded in 2018 as it was in 2017. Might be the perfect time for it.

Shock32

Oct 27, 2017
Ubisoft really can't help themselves from creating an Ubisoft game can they? Just look at this:

z8jq52M.jpg

There isn't a better way to immediately crater everyone's excitement in less than 2 seconds.

Does this look attractive to anyone at all? Who still enjoys Ubisoft iconathons anymore?

This honestly looked fake in the trailer, like it was simulated to get a sense of the world when the icons were rising out of the ground :D. I'd be willing to bet the full game doesn't look anything like this in regards to the icons, or the very least they have the option to turn them off.

Papaya

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
California
Neither BotW nor MGSV matched core Far Cry 3-4 gameplay, so bassicaly Ubi is just competing with themselves here, having to deliver substantial improvement over already stellar formula that got used one times to many.
Some things it did better, some things not. The core shooting was better in Far Cry, but about everything else goes to MGSV, IMO. I was more referencing the structure of the game, which the industry is moving away from. Far Cry defined it, everyone copied it, including BotW in some cases, and now it's old. I just was hoping for a little more change, especially given the environment they chose, but here they are showing off Co-Op as their big thing, which was already in Far Cry 4. It takes years to make a game, I doubt they saw the general shift the industry would be taking, now.

I'd like to be wrong, or maybe they will find a way to make the sameoldsameold, fun again. But it looks too much the same for me.

n00bp

Oct 28, 2017
Looking forward to this! Me and my bud put so many hours into FC4's co-op, playing the bases over and over again, aiming for that perfect stealthy score. Always was a shame that it wasn't a complete co-op campaign.
Completely skipped Primal since it was single player only.

With this trailer the bow is confirmed! YAY! only thing missing now is the wing suit! :)

KonradLaw

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Some things it did better, some things not. The core shooting was better in Far Cry, but about everything else goes to MGSV, IMO. I was more referencing the structure of the game, which the industry is moving away from. Far Cry defined it, everyone copied it, including BotW in some cases, and now it's old. I just was hoping for a little more change, especially given the environment they chose, but here they are showing off Co-Op as their big thing, which was already in Far Cry 4. It takes years to make a game, I doubt they saw the general shift the industry would be taking, now.

I'd like to be wrong, or maybe they will find a way to make the sameoldsameold, fun again. But it looks too much the same for me.
I would say it does all combat and movement better actually. Once you are near late in the game and well trained in every system the shit FC3 and 4 allow you to pull off is completely insane. It's almost Dishonored-level of badassery.
The structure of gameplay does need refreshment though, but the fact that it no longer revolves around towers makes me pretty hopefull they will be able to pull it off.

Jam

Oct 25, 2017
Man Far Cry games pre-release don't excite me at all but I know fine well I'll be there day one; something about the formula just resonates with me. Platinumed the last two and I know I'll enjoy the hell out of this one too.

dreamfall

Oct 25, 2017
I'm so in. I like the angle they're taking with this iteration of the franchise - I've been jumping back into FC4 and remembering why I enjoy the formula. Even slowly clearing the map bit by bit never felt bothersome but definitely is a completionist's nightmare. I'm expecting some brilliant open world craziness to go along with the somber tone.

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017
I thought 2 was trash, didn't put enough time into 3 (I should probably get back to it), never played 4, but I'm hyped as hell for FC5. Co-Op just makes it better.

I hope it's local as well, and I hope it extends to the PC version, too.

NullPointer

Oct 27, 2017
Mars
The fact that the co-op partner doesn't save any world progress means this feature might as well not exist for me.

From the game's co-op FAQ:

Q. How is my progression saved when I invite a friend to join my game in co-op?
A. In the co-op mode, the narrative of the game is centered on the player hosting the game. As the host, you keep both your World Progression and your Player Progression, exactly as you would in single player mode.

Q. How is my progression saved when I am invited to join a friend's game in co-op?
A. The player invited in the host's game is essentially a "Friend for Hire". When you join a co-op game as a guest, you are playing in your host's world and help them progress.
This means that once you leave the co-op mode after a game as a Friend for Hire, you do not keep the World Progression completed during the co-op session. However, you keep your own Player Progression – XP, in-game currency, inventory items, and more – once you leave the co-op game and are back in your own world.

Q. What progression is not saved when I am playing co-op as a guest?
A. As the guest, your World Progression, Reputation, and Quest related unlocks are not saved once you are back to your own world.

Q. What is the World Progression?
A. The World Progression refers to all the quests, activities and contents completed or unlocked within your game. Only the players hosting the co-op game keep their World Progression when playing co-op.

What a weird decision.

OP
OP
shimon

shimon

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly looking forward to this. I did enjoy FC3 and FC4. Didn't like Primal though.

Oct 25, 2017
My biggest problem with FC4 was that the co-op was only partially integrated into the game. This looks like it solves that. Will definitely convince a friend to play it with me when it comes out.