• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Benji

Self Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So it looks like Far Cry 5 is off to a monster start in sales. The game is already sitting at 340,000 units on Steam give or take a bit on Steamspy.

http:///nkJc.png

http://steamspy.com/app/552520

A few things worth noting. This obviously includes no data for UPlay which actually sells a pretty large chunk of Ubisoft games on PC. It's looking like this might be the fastest selling game launch of the year so far.

Another crazy impressive statistic is its peak CCU's compared to Ubi's last big launch, Assassins Creed Origins.

Far Cry 5 all time peak = 83,046

Assassin's Creed Origins all time peak = 41,541

Also worth remembering that SteamSpy takes a few days to catch up, so it may actually be higher than these numbers.

Rowsdower

Prophet of Truth - The Wise Ones
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Wow, that's good.

If Far Cry is tracked for March, looks likely it'll take number one spot for NPD.

Edit: Actually that's amazing. It only came out two days ago.

Grief.exe

Oct 26, 2017
Keep in mind, those won't be accurate for a week or so, as a result it's not useful to post them yet, other than to show that the game is selling well out of the gate.

Cengizhan

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
The Netherlands
Very cool. The announcement of the arcade mode (which should have left way more impact on social media than it did after its announcement) made me very interested in this game!

OP
OP
Benji

Benji

Self Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
SteamSpy lags 3-4 days. Game was out on 27, today is 30. There's no data for the 3 days.
At best it's for the first day.

Ah I knew it lagged, but I thought it was "caught up" within 3-4 days as in that is where its sitting now. Wouldn't be useful when looking at during day 1 or 2 as it hadn't caught up yet.

Deleted member 32374

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 10, 2017
The thirst is real. I just rented this for three nights just to test it out. I wasn't even hype until I saw some gameplay videos.

DevilMayGuy

Oct 25, 2017
Texas
Damn, son. I want to pick this up but I'm in the middle of FFXV and want to grab Vermintide 2... decisions, decisions.

ASaiyan

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, well, that hardly makes up for the last 4 weeks where it sold nothing! /s

Good for Ubi. Game looks good; very on the fence about going whole hog and buying the gold edition.

OP
OP
Benji

Benji

Self Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
BTW here is another crazy comparison.

Previous franchise peak for CCU's is Far Cry 3 with 23,042 users

Far Cry 5's peak at 83,046 dwarfs it.

Memento

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Ubisoft game breaking records, news at 11.

Seriously, these guys know their stuff.

Congrats.

Fawz

Oct 28, 2017
Montreal
Why? Honest question.

Can't speak for him, but considering that getting the game on Steam just launches Uplay anyways it's a fair assumption to make. Plus if you purchase the game through 3rd party retailers like Green Man Gaming they only provide Uplay keys for Ubisoft titles on PC.

I'm glad we finally got a proper Far Cry sequel since 3 and that the sales are matching the positive reception. Hopefully Ubisoft fully realises that making copy-paste safe sequels doesn't lead to much long term.

Deleted member 5535

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Far Cry 5 will probably be the best-selling game at least until the second half of the year with Black Ops 4

Spark

Dec 6, 2017
Why? Honest question.

According to CDPR during the launch window TW3 sold more copies through GOG than it did through Steam. The same it true with GTAV and Rockstars store. This is because tons of people buy from third party CD Key sites and retail which won't activate on Steam for these games. It's also sometimes cheaper to buy directly from the developers store.

edit: Oops misread your post

texhnolyze

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
It's simply the most successful Ubisoft single player game ever. On Steam only, that is.

Also, I believe the concurrent peak will still grow this weekend.

Hooks

Oct 27, 2017
I got it because I was excited to finally play the entire game in co-op but after joining co-op we realized story doesn't save for the player joining co-op meaning we'd have to play every mission twice, That killed my hype so I refunded it. I might pick it up again in the future because it seems like a really solid addition to the franchise but it's not something I'm looking to play right now.

Conkerkid11

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Can't speak for him, but considering that getting the game on Steam just launches Uplay anyways it's a fair assumption to make. Plus if you purchase the game through 3rd party retailers like Green Man Gaming they only provide Uplay keys for Ubisoft titles on PC.

I'm glad we finally got a proper Far Cry sequel since 3 and that the sales are matching the positive reception. Hopefully Ubisoft fully realises that making copy-paste safe sequels doesn't lead to much long term.
Far Cry 5 is absolutely a copy-paste sequel though.

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
When was the last time a Ubi game didn't do really well? They seem to just constantly have massive selling games nowadays.

Congratulations to them though.

v_iHuGi

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Probably well above 500K already.

Amazing game, Arcade mode is amazing, just played a game on Nuketown lol

OP
OP
Benji

Benji

Self Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
When was the last time a Ubi game didn't do really well? They seem to just constantly have massive selling games nowadays.

In terms of an actual bomb / commercial failure? Idk you would have to pretty far back.

To the last game that was seen as a for sure under performance (but was likely still profitable) probably Assassins Creed Syndicate