• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

osnameless

Jan 13, 2018
Far Cry 5's first week sales made $310 million, Ubisoft has revealed.

This makes the open-world shooter the second biggest release in Ubisoft's history, surpassed only by the Division which made $330 million in sales in its first week to remain the biggest release the company had in its history.

However, This figure still includes the cut to be taken by retailers and digital stores such as Steam and PSN...

In context, Far Cry 5's launch was more than double the launch Far Cry 4 had in 2014.

Far Cry 5 had also the biggest launch of 2018 so far in the UK.

More figures from other Ubisoft games:
  • Rainbow Six Siege has more than 30 million registered players.
  • The Division has more than 20 million registered players.
  • And Ghost Recon Wildlands has more than 10 million registered players.

Via Eurogamer

Deleted member 41931

User requested account closure
Apr 10, 2018
Wow, I knew it did really well, but it didn't seem like it was doing this well. Good for them. Hopefully they take the right lessons from ACO and this.

OP
OP
osnameless

osnameless

Jan 13, 2018
Do we have a rough idea of numbers sold?

According to the data firm Superdata, the game sold 2.5 digital units on all platforms in less than a week.

Also something to note, More than 50% of all sales were digital in the first week according to Ubisoft

The game itself is a snoozefest. Still havent finished it

As much as I admire Ubisoft, this has sadly been my experience with most of their games, no matter how much I tried to give them a try. Still to try Far Cry 5 though, and was excited for it before release. I hope this time is different.

jetsetrez

Oct 27, 2017
I can't believe it beat out all of the Assassin's Creeds. It felt like those games, with their 1000+ person staffs and massive production and marketing budgets, and high single/low double-digit million sales, that surely they had to be the biggest event releases for Ubi.

LordAmused

Oct 29, 2017
Canada
Couldn't get out of the first main zone. Gunplay was rigid, plastic and enemies just came in by waves. Not what I expected.

angelgrievous

Middle fingers up
Nov 8, 2017
Ohio
Good for them, I loved the game. Played it non-stop for 3 weeks I think. I can't wait for the DLC to drop.

Wolf of Yharnam

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm glad Ubisoft is being that successful. They're always trying new settings for their games, one of my favorite AAA publishers

Ahasverus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Colombia
I can't believe it beat out all of the Assassin's Creeds. It felt like those games, with their 1000+ person staffs and massive production and marketing budgets, and high single/low double-digit million sales, that surely they had to be the biggest event releases for Ubi.
They're not the biggest but they cover a market niche Ubi doesn't fill with any other franchise. Also, while not the biggest, they're /really big sellers/, probably the highest selling action adventure franchise of current times.

Now that AC is a full WRPG I also expect a sales rise. Origins is allegedly the second best selling after BF and it's probably gonna surpass it long term.

Btw every game of theirs is developed by 1000+ people lol, Far Cry did too.

ronaldthump

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I hate ubisoft mostly but I really enjoy farcry; hooked since 4 and I've enjoyed 4+primal and also 5.

bought this at launch. so GG ubisoft.

Nintendo

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
Deserved. Far Cry 5 is a great game!

Ubisoft is on fire this generation.

TheWordyGuy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Far Cry 5 is okay, but for me, Far Cry Primal's survival mode with perma-death enabled is an incredible experience.

While playing that game, I was constantly on the edge of my seat - after twenty hours, knowing that death would send me back to the start, I was so nervous I was almost sick.

Alas, twice I was killed by the same class of predator: the Sabre tooth tiger. The second time it happened I was about three-quarters of the way through the game, and it was devastating. Yet I can't name any recently released game that has enthralled me as much as Primal.

For me, Primal is the height of the series.

Toriko

Dec 29, 2017
Phew! Looking at these numbers I wonder how much revenue God of War is bringing since I would think sales would more or less be comparable. Sales might be slightly lower but hardware money plus no licensing costs means it might be making a killing similar to Far Cry as well.

Kyra

The Eggplant Queen
Oct 25, 2017
New York City
The Division is very slept on. In a lot of ways its what destiny has always strived to be but could never achieve. It's really the blueprint for what online loot shooters should be.

arcticice

Oct 31, 2017
The Division is very slept on. In a lot of ways its what destiny has always strived to be but could never achieve. It's really the blueprint for what online loot shooters should be.

Division was awesome, and it is especially fun after all the updates. I seriously hope Division 2 has 8-player raid like contents. Raids are what make Destiny so special, so i'm expecting Ubi to have similar content as well for Division 2.

Certinfy

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Well deserved. One of the best games I've played in years and I didn't like 4 and Primal much at all. Can't wait for 6.

Persagen

Oct 27, 2017
I'm glad for Ubisoft as I enjoy a lot of their output, but I found Far Cry 5 really disappointing. The setting and premise were so promising, but they completely failed to execute, IMO. Shooting and exploration are still fun, but there's really nothing to tie it all together and give it purpose, and tonally it's a mess.

Alastor3

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
People talk about a rumored new asscreed presented this E3 but it's obviously gonna be watch dogs 3 right? Since division 2 is already announced and it's way too soon for a new creed game

Arkaign

Nov 25, 2017

Man, I wish I felt that way. The movement and gunplay was really tedious and broke immersion to me. Humans being ultra bullet sponges is always problematic.

GamerDude

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
People talk about a rumored new asscreed presented this E3 but it's obviously gonna be watch dogs 3 right? Since division 2 is already announced and it's way too soon for a new creed game

No. It's not too early for another Assassin's Creed game. One is heavily rumored for this Fall. They have multiple teams working on those games, and last year was the first time in a long time they skipped a year.

Oct 25, 2017
I've been taking my time with it and going back weekends for the challenges/rewards/arcade. Arcade seems to be getting better, in terms of stability/content. It's jankfest, but it's Far Cry Jankfest. Bring on the DLC (when it's good and ready). I'm down for the absurdity.

Oct 25, 2017
No. It's not too early for another Assassin's Creed game. One is heavily rumored for this Fall. They have multiple teams working on those games, and last year was the first time in a long time they skipped a year.
If they're making Assassin's Creed Origins : Brotherhood, or the rumoured equivalent, Bayek and the Missus are cool characters to build a new trilogy off of. Greece would be a very cool setting.