• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Koukalaka

Oct 28, 2017
Scotland
That's impressive considering how the last two AC games on PC are absolutely rock solid tests for your rig. Especially if it's native 4K.

Cjdamon042

Oct 28, 2017
Edinburgh
I assume some folk are probably thinking and = or in the sense they could be saying "4K and 60fps modes", in which case they would be separate. But the quote in Valhalla's case for example doesn't say modes, it says visuals. So I'm inclined to believe it is indeed 4K at 60fps (I wouldn't rule out dynamic res unless they've said otherwise though).

It is kind of strange they are worded differently, but that could be because the were written by different people, or they didn't want to just copy and paste the text for each platform.

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
That's awesome. I honestly wasn't expecting it for big open world games like Valhalla

I am happy to inform you the open world is no longer a constraint for achieving 60 FPS in games and has nothing to do with the target render you want. Other features like RT determine whether the game is 30 FPS or 60 FPS and not whether the game is open world or not. Open world is now just a design choice and no longer to hardware bottlenecks.

G9man2

Sep 18, 2020
User Warned: Concern Trolling

So I'm reading this like-

ps5 will have a 4k variable frame rate mode and a dynamic resolution 60fps mode.

Deleted member 78123

User requested account closure
Banned
Aug 16, 2020
I saw this discussion of "4k at 60 fps" and "4k and 60 fps" on twitter. I have to say I'm really surprised to see the same conversation here. It's obvious both consoles are going to run 4k at 60 fps.

Oct 28, 2017
No, it doesn't. And doesn't mean the same thing as "or."

I'm inclined to believe there's no hidden meaning behind the difference in terminology, just bad editing of blurbs that were written by two different people or the same person at different times.

That said, he's clearly saying that the "and" means the game offers both, but not at the same time (hence an "or" choice). I'm sure you know what he means. I suppose he could be right. We'll have to see.

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I wouldn't read too much into the 4K a/and 60fps until it's clarified further. That seems like a big reach to say PS5 won't do both at once

DCBA

Dec 12, 2018
Immortals Fenyx Rising:
SX: "rendered at 60 frames per second in 4k"
PS5: 4K graphics and smooth action-packed 60 frame per secon

Riders Republic:
SX: 4K resolution at 60 frames per second
PS5: 4K and 60 frames per second

PS5 is doomed /s

Doc Cottle

Jan 28, 2020
Immortals Fenyx Rising:
SX: "rendered at 60 frames per second in 4k"
PS5: 4K graphics and smooth action-packed 60 frame per secon

Riders Republic:
SX: 4K resolution at 60 frames per second
PS5: 4K and 60 frames per second

PS5 is doomed /s
"Far Cry has never looked so stunning, with luscious tropical vistas rendered at 60 frames per second AND 4K resolutions on Xbox Series X and PlayStation 5"

As is the Series X /s

Never seen the word "and" cause soooo much drama

BAD

Oct 25, 2017
USA
Kind of confused by the Xbox tweet... but surely they'd confirm their interpretation is correct with Ubi before these tweets?

CrispyGamer

Banned
Jan 4, 2020
This was supposed to be a good news thread but predictably it turns into "my console is better than yours" smh some of you guys just don't take days off lol

DarrenM

Oct 28, 2017
People getting triggered by a fan account lol. There's no verified tick for a start 🤦🏻‍♂️

Brohan

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Netherlands
So it seems the PS5 does 4k and 60 fps while the XsX only does 4k at 60 fps.

I wonder what resolution the XsX drops to when the fps drops below 60fps.

Sha_96

Jan 22, 2019
Oh wow I didn't expect next gen consoles to be this powerful! AC games are a bitch to run nicely on PC and require very beefy hardware, unless ubi optimized the engine a lot. But still 4K/60fps is impressive.