• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
As we go in the next few weeks and months, we'll definitely start showing more on different platforms. What I can say, and I cannot go so much in details about specs or things like that, is that both on previous generation and the new Xbox Series and PS5 generation, the game is running fine. One detail I can add about the new generation is that it allowed us to run the game at 60 FPS and in 4K, which is really cool.

I test it on kits at the company and I can definitely see that as a great thing on the new generation, but that doesn't mean that the previous generation is abandoned in any way. We're really, really cautious about that, so we'll show more detail and more info very soon. But yeah, we'll care about all the platforms, both old gen, new gen and even PC, Stadia, Luna and all of that.

www.videogameschronicle.com

Far Cry 6 interview: ‘We’re really cautious about not abandoning last-gen consoles’ | VGC

Ubisoft Toronto discuss differentiating from other Ubisoft games and avoiding Cyberpunk’s cross-gen troubles…

200.gif

MadLaughter

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
After skipping out on Primal and Far Cry 5, even though 6 doesn't look like a drastic shake up of the formula or anything, I might be ready to jump back into a Far Cry game. What they've shown of the tone so far seems solid, I like the setting, and Giancarlo Esposito rules.

Lampa

Feb 13, 2018
Yay. Now I want to know if there are any RT effects. Also, normalize calling PS5/XS current gen. smh my head (/s)

Dec 2, 2020
I remembered that Ubisoft support page from a few weeks before the consoles launched and the whole "4K at 60fps / 4K and 60fps" debacle lol.

It's cross-gen.

Demon's Souls and Ratchet aren't and have 60fps modes. I do wonder what game people expect to be CPU bound and only able to hit 30fps on a 8 core / 16 thread Ryzen CPU lol. If a game is GPU bound then there will be a lower resolution / no RT mode in order to hit 60.

Alienous

Oct 25, 2017
After skipping out on Primal and Far Cry 5, even though 6 doesn't look like a drastic shake up of the formula or anything, I might be ready to jump back into a Far Cry game. What they've shown of the tone so far seems solid, I like the setting, and Giancarlo Esposito rules.

Far Cry 5 did change the formula, and Far Cry 6 seems to follow that direction.

In Far Cry 5 the missions mostly just exist in the open world. It isn't like Far Cry 3 and 4, where you go to a mission giver and load into a mission.

For instance there's a mission in Far Cry 5 to destroy a giant statue. You can just blow a chunk out of it and the mission will start. You start missions more like approaching Shrines in Breath of the Wild.

MadLaughter

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Far Cry 5 did change the formula, and Far Cry 6 seems to follow that direction.

In Far Cry 5 the missions mostly just exist in the open world. It isn't like Far Cry 3 and 4, where you go to a mission giver and load into a mission.

For instance there's a mission in Far Cry 5 to destroy a giant statue. You can just blow a chunk out of it and the mission will start. You start missions more like approaching Shrines in Breath of the Wild.

Ah I didn't know that, it sounds pretty promising.

canderous

Prophet of Truth
Jun 12, 2020
As expected, but still good to hear.

We know it'll have some ray tracing too... but unfortunately it is a AMD sponsored title, so no DLSS. :( Can't have the competition's cards looking even better than they already are.

DarrenM

Oct 28, 2017
Nice, looking forward to seeing more of this. Far Cry games can be a lot of fun in CO OP.

Kawngi

Prophet of Truth
Oct 30, 2017
Always need more 4K/60 games out there! If I get it, will probably be on PC though, so I hope they have good ultrawide support too.

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017
www.videogameschronicle.com

Far Cry 6 interview: ‘We’re really cautious about not abandoning last-gen consoles’ | VGC

Ubisoft Toronto discuss differentiating from other Ubisoft games and avoiding Cyberpunk’s cross-gen troubles…

And Far Cry 6's spectacular world does raise the question of exactly how wary developer Ubisoft Toronto is of setting expectations for those planning to play it on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.

"What I can say, and I cannot go so much in details about specs or things like that, is that both on the previous generation and the new Xbox Series and PS5 generation, the game is running fine," lead gameplay designer David Grivel told VGC.

"One detail I can add about the new generation is that it allowed us to run the game at 60 FPS and in 4K, which is really cool. I test it on kits at the company and I can definitely see that as a great thing on the new generation, but that doesn't mean that the previous generation is abandoned in any way. We're really, really cautious about that, so we'll show more detail and more info very soon."

They just say "Xbox Series" in the article, but I'm paraphrasing it to mean Series X, not S.

Last edited:

hydruxo

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Great news. Been pretty tired of Far Cry since 3 but this looks fantastic. The setting really does it for me.

JusticeBolt

Dec 5, 2017
Canada
Good news! I'm really happy with the 4k and 60 fps games we are getting. I hope 60 fps is the standard for the entire generation.

DuvalDevil

Nov 18, 2020
Hmm, interesting. Won't be a day one buy for me, but I might buy it when the price drops massively after a couple of months. Game looks great, but it feels like more of the same.

Skeeter49

I wish Jim Ryan would eat me
Oct 25, 2017
Nice, the other Ubi open world games where 30 fps on X and 5, right?

Iztok

Oct 27, 2017
This is a cross-gen game, so very much expected.

I'll be interested to see what performance options Ubisoft games offer when they're current-gen only-