• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Tora

The Enlightened Wise Ones
Jun 17, 2018
Screenshots look nice

store.ubi.com

null

Dive into the gritty world of a modern-day guerilla revolution to liberate a nation from a dictator and his son.

CallmeDave

Oct 27, 2017
I really hope this series evolves. The formula they've had since 3 is becoming beyond stale at this point.

I would settle for a return to FarCry 2 now, looking back that game had a lot of interesting mechanics.

m29a

Oct 25, 2017
Eager to learn more about it in the future, though it's all but guaranteed I'll enjoy it. I think the core gameplay loop has consistently still been fun.

AegonSnake

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
5ecd2c925cdf9a1528a8c1d1-4.png

5ecd2c925cdf9a1528a8c1d1-3.png

5ecd2c925cdf9a1528a8c1d1-2.png

5ecd2c925cdf9a1528a8c1d1-1.png

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
EcwD3mnXYAMKhWL

I really hope this means 4K only on both One X and Series X and that it will only be 4K on PS5 because wow...

Reads to me like that language and portion of the fine print is referring to the Xbox family of consoles, as in you won't get 4K on an Xbox One S (or the unannounced Series S, probably) and won't get HDR on the OG One hardware. But I guess we'll have to wait for official confirmation.

nicoreese

Jan 18, 2018
Reads to me like that language and portion of the fine print is referring to the Xbox family of consoles, as in you won't get 4K on an Xbox One S (or the unannounced Series S, probably) and won't get HDR on the OG One hardware. But I guess we'll have to wait for official confirmation.

Yeah. This refers to the 4K Ultra HD, HDR & Smart Delivery logos at the top. Sony does not even refer to 4K as "Ultra HD" in their marketing.

Feb 8, 2018
some good editing and music in the Cinematic title sequence. Never played FC this should be decent for some 1st person Open World fun.

DaciaJC

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
With the story looking to be a bit more gritty than the last couple of entries in the series, this seems like the perfect opportunity for the gameplay designers to take some hints from Far Cry 2.

Oct 29, 2017
While fictional Caribbean countries are trite at this point, it's not like they were going to straight up make a "Go Assassinate The President of Venezuela: The Game"

Nov 28, 2017
It's nothing. It's just Xbox marketing requirements.
Yeah. This refers to the 4K Ultra HD, HDR & Smart Delivery logos at the top. Sony does not even refer to 4K as "Ultra HD" in their marketing.

That makes a lot of sense now, thank you all.

BrickArts295

GOTY Tracking Thread Master
Oct 26, 2017
I forgot that the villains are the ones who usually show up in the covers since FC3.
Kid will probably be this game's morality choice based on what you do.

Deleted member 23381

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
The Ubi Far Cry games always have amazing trailers.

Hopefully they've mixed up the gameplay somewhat, 3 was cool but just repeating that has gotten real old.

SofNascimento

cursed
Oct 28, 2017
SĂŁo Paulo - Brazil
I bet no one from a country from Latin America nor relation to them, as in previous entries.

The granade scene and getting Pedro Bromfman for the soundtrack made me dream José Padilha might be working in this game, but I'm sure his name would have been in the trailer if that was the case.

Too bad, I think he could have done a great job with this setting.

Oct 29, 2017
By the way, have they said if this country is an island or continental? Wider range of climates and greater biodiversity of a "fake Venezuela" is much more interesting than a "fake Cuba".

IllumiNate

Nov 18, 2018
Canada
Just when I thought I had lost all hope in Ubisoft, This game looks fantastic! The voice acting,animations,graphics all look superb. Too bad the same can't be said about Valhalla and Legion.. Which team makes Far Cry?

R2RD

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Nov 6, 2018
Just when I thought I had lost all hope in Ubisoft, This game looks fantastic! The voice acting,animations,graphics all look superb. Too bad the same can't be said about Valhalla and Legion.. Which team makes Far Cry?
The was a cinematic so don´t expect the game to look like that at all.

Yikes at "el presidente" and "viva libertad".

Deleted member 17388

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The granade scene and getting Pedro Bromfman for the soundtrack made me dream José Padilha might be working in this game, but I'm sure his name would have been in the trailer if that was the case.

Too bad, I think he could have done a great job with this setting.
You're right, it'd have been interesting. So far it looks the perspective from an actual person related to this setting is a conclusion far gone for Ubisoft...

wumpy

Dec 22, 2017
Wow at that trailer... I am so in... and Giancarlo!

FC5 was the only one I didn't enjoy. Ubi will make this right hopefully.

How do people complain about a cinematic trailer.... you know there will be a gameplay one at some stage....

MentalZer0

Oct 27, 2017
I was expecting some gameplay, but well...

I'm glad this series manage to keep its roots until now... except for that trash FC Primal (one of the worst Ubisoft games, imo).

sn00zer

Feb 28, 2018
Ubisoft can release a trailer about a child's leader executing a number of innocents and still do everything in their power not to say anything about it.

Apr 4, 2018
Vancouver, BC
This looks so cool.

I wonder if you play as the kid grown up? I would hope it's still in the middle of this seeming revolution.

Also, having full-on Cities sounds awesome. A nice mix of open area, forests/jungle, mountains, and cities would be awesome.

Deleted member 46948

Account closed at user request
Banned
Aug 22, 2018
Hm, some of the pre order stuff looks like they're going for the same "crazy neon spray" aesthetics as in New Dawn. Yeah I'm out, this is so not my jam.

Vito

One Winged Slayer - Formerly Undead Fantasy
Oct 25, 2017
In for Esposito.

Is there a PS5 version or just PS4 with PS5 patch?

Oct 29, 2017
This is a prime example of "Prestige TV" aesthetics making their way into video games. Not just Mr. Esposito, but that Title Sequence is straight from a HBO show.

pizzabutt

Apr 28, 2020
This looks so cool.

I wonder if you play as the kid grown up? I would hope it's still in the middle of this seeming revolution.

Also, having full-on Cities sounds awesome. A nice mix of open area, forests/jungle, mountains, and cities would be awesome.
You play as someone named Dani. You can choose their gender. They're part of the resistance fighting against giancarlo's character

Siresly

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
Fancily produced CG short.

The gameplay seems silly. In screenshots and marketing there's a wiener dog on wheels called Chorizo, goofy Dead Rising weapons like something called Discos Locos. Apparently there's a jet pack?

g2dqt85beha51.jpg

Dodgerfan74

Dec 27, 2017
Can't wait for the over the top gameplay and obnoxious world characters to completely undermine the tone of the story.

Hopefully they're changing things up for this one. :/

They desperately need to hire competent writers. FC5 had to be a low point for the writing, especially with the terrible monologues, ridiculous plot with magical mind control, and the awful ending. Game writing doesn't have to always be bad.

Castamere

Oct 26, 2017
Fancily produced CG short.

The gameplay seems silly. In screenshots and marketing there's a wiener dog on wheels called Chorizo, goofy Dead Rising weapons like something called Discos Locos. Apparently there's a jet pack?

There's been a disconnect between Far Cry stories and gameplay since at least 4. 5 was about a killer cult taking over the state, but end game was lmgs and bears, and other crazy stuff. 4 was about a a killer dictator, but also had missions with you entering Shamballa, a mini helicopter, and animal bait.

There's the main missions which are serious, the side missions which are usually goofy with very over the top characters, and the gameplay which is all over the place. You have the option to take the game as serious as you wish.