• Introducing Image Options for ResetEra 2.0! Check the left side navigation bar to show or hide images, avatars, covers, and embedded media. More details at the link.
  • Community Spotlight sign-ups are open once again for both Gaming and EtcetEra Hangout threads! If you want to shine a spotlight on your community, please register now.

Far Cry New Dawn announced; coming February 15th, 2019

Oct 25, 2017
One of my biggest complaints about Far Cry 5 was how long and drawn out it was. Felt like it wore out its welcome. If this a nice shorter campaign that lasts maybe 10ish hours, I may check it out.

Oct 27, 2017
Far Cry 5's story isn't particularly great IMO but the stories do appear to be connected.
Chances are New Dawn won't be quite as good as 5 with it being a spin-off made in less time.
I would say try 5 as it was great and if you like it but want more then try this when it gets cheaper.

5 has an updated formula which is expanded on in this one.
Thanks guys.... I think I will get 5 first, unless the reviews for new dawn are over the top.

borat

Banned
Jan 2, 2018
I missed FC5. Should I skip 5 and get this?
its not very good. awful story/campaign. the world is pretty but shallow. boring arsenal of guns for a sandbox. the side missions, particularly the prepper stashes, were the best part of the game, imo.