• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 135

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Except for Primal anyone prominently displayed on the cover of a Far Cry game is the villain and anyone on the cover who is immobilized is the protagonist.

I'm sure they'll let you pick gender again though. More MTX to sell you that way.

Mesoian

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
Except for Primal anyone prominently displayed on the cover of a Far Cry game is the villain and anyone on the cover who is immobilized is the protagonist.

I'm sure they'll let you pick gender again though. More MTX to sell you that way.

I don't know man. Female animations are hard...

J_ToSaveTheDay

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
I love the cover, but I'm feeling wary of map recycling. It could be great if the map is radically altered or the tone of the story elevates it beyond a sense of repetition from FC5, though!

Inuhanyou

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
Why are we hurrahing a cover with no context of a guy being tortured?

cause there are two black POC prominently on a cover filleting a white dude who is presumably apart of the same cult of FC5...i suppose.

It is certainly different, but it gives me the sinking feeling that this is nothing more than a palette swap of 5 with the same setting, 2 more weapons and even more braindead

Travless

Mar 7, 2018
I dig the post apocalyptic vibe of this. Curious to see what the game actually is, but still looks pretty cool none the less. Still need to play 5.

Fart Master

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
A dumpster
They somehow made post apocalypse look bland, wtf, what's with all these weird colors and flowers?

What type of half ass post apocalypse was that? Give me THIS goddammit

agW2gH3.jpg
The mind gymnastics here wow

This art style they're going with is awesome and if it's anything like Horizon it's going to look gorgeous. Fallout 3 is the definition of bland generic post apocalyptic art.

PeskyToaster

Oct 27, 2017
Far Cry 5 was all over the place in its messaging. The bad guys were horrible people but also right in the end???? America's so crazy look at all these guns but then also thank god we had stockpiled all these guns or else the cult would have killed us. It makes a parody of preppers but then also completely validates them in the end. If it's more of 5, no thanks. If it's more like Blood Dragon, wake me up.

Forsaken82

Oct 27, 2017
Really hope those 2 black woman aren't villains...

Whether they are playable or not shouldn't be relevant as this is exactly what a lot of users on this board have asked for. What does it matter if one or even both of them are villians? Hell, would you still complain if one was the protag and the other the antag?

Also, i think the cover looks terrible, and it's not because there's two woman on the cover. The way all 3 characters are framed and the way they used color looks completely placeholder.

Last edited:

KeyBladerXIII

Dec 5, 2017
I think they'll be the protagonists. Having players fight and potentially kill female minority villains sounds kind of tone deaf with how things are right now.

On the other hand, when was the last time we got a good minority villain who was also a woman? The Last of Us?

ArgyleReptile

Oct 25, 2017
Far Cry 5 was my first experience with the series and I enjoyed it. Will be picking this up most likely. The cover rustling jimmies is a nice bonus as well.

Nov 1, 2017
I want to see more before making a final judgement but I loved FC5 and even enjoyed the ending so I don't really expect this to be anything but good.

Blade Wolf

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Taiwan
The mind gymnastics here wow

This art style they're going with is awesome and if it's anything like Horizon it's going to look gorgeous. Fallout 3 is the definition of bland generic post apocalyptic art.

It's ok that I dislike this style of post apocalypse, doesn't mean my taste is generic and doesn't mean the ''Horizon'' style is more creative.

.......that's literally a much more standard and generic portrayal of a post apocalypse.

What's wrong with that? Just because it's classic doesn't mean it's generic or boring. People love post apocalypse for many reasons, for me it's about the atmosphere.

I just prefer the Mad Max/Fallout 3/Fallout New Vegas look, doesn't mean my taste is generic. I am not criticizing the game (we haven't even seen the gameplay), I just wished it was more classic in terms of the post apocalypse atmosphere. That's all.

I consider Fallout 76 type of post apocalypse wasteland to be ''ugly'' and Metro Last Light to be atmospheric and beautiful, that should tell you enough about my taste in wastelands.

Last edited:

KDC720

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if this is an epilouge of sorts to 5 considering
A bunch of nukes go off at the end of that game.

Looks like it might be more a standalone expansion than a new game, but I guess we'll see tonight.

Tranqueris

Oct 26, 2017
Not loving the Rage 2-ish color set and what seems to be the Far Cry 5 map but with post apocalyptic textures.

Also I can't wait to hear from their PR about how this game is not political in nature and then hear about all the political references in it when it comes out.